CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I personally didn't enjoy it as much because there were no button combos. Without those you just have a Halo with excessive aim assist and bullet magnetism.

Right, and that's not ideal, but I'm so starved for a damn classic Halo experience that I'll put up with that and the garbage weapon system. It's the same reason I played so much H3 Throwback playlist. It fits the style of game I want to play right now, even if the shooting and several other aspects aren't where I want them to be. The hit registration is excellent, the gun shoots straight, and there's no stupid equipment.

@@Nokt what is your GT?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right, and that's not ideal, but I'm so starved for a damn classic Halo experience that I'll put up with that and the garbage weapon system. It's the same reason I played so much H3 Throwback playlist. It fits the style of game I want to play right now, even if the shooting and several other aspects aren't where I want them to be. The hit registration is excellent, the gun shoots straight, and there's no stupid equipment.

@@Nokt what is your GT?

rk nokt

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally didn't enjoy it as much because there were no button combos. Without those you just have a Halo with excessive aim assist and bullet magnetism.

Am I the only one who didn't really enjoy H2A because jumping felt weird?

Am I the only one who didn't really enjoy H2A because jumping felt weird?

The weird jumping, the weird Battle Rifle firing, the weird hit detection, the weird everything.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really never understood how people liked H2A. It’s slow, the aim assist is ridiculous, strafe is non-existent, melee takes bloody ages, only 5 maps, and the sniper is aim-bottishly easy to use. And the grenade spam - ugh. Also, how can you not have midship? I don’t get that.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Also, how can you not have midship? I don’t get that.

Because Midship was already taken by the far superior game aka Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really never understood how people liked H2A. It’s slow, the aim assist is ridiculous, strafe is non-existent, melee takes bloody ages, only 5 maps, and the sniper is aim-bottishly easy to use. And the grenade spam - ugh. Also, how can you not have midship? I don’t get that.

Its really just not a very good game. It looks pretty but OG H2 and MCC H2 are both far better games. I'm still confused at how they somehow made everything easier to use than H2 when it was already easy to shoot everything. I'll never understand how they remake/remaster a game and don't just copy stuff like that 1 to 1

• Upvote (+1) 5

If it came out 10 years ago, I probably would've despised it like I still despise Halo 3 and every Halo game thereafter.  Funny how playing bad Halo games for a decade can make a mediocre one seem great.  I'd still rather play it than anything except 1 and 2, but yeah, it's definitely not great compared to those.

• Upvote (+1) 2

h2a should of had an extra boost of movement speed. I played customs on 110% movement speed and it worked greatly.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If it came out 10 years ago, I probably would've despised it like I still despise Halo 3 and every Halo game thereafter. Funny how playing bad Halo games for a decade can make a mediocre one seem great. I'd still rather play it than anything except 1 and 2, but yeah, it's definitely not great compared to those.

you hated halo 3? Damn dude what for? H3 was awesome. It still is, look at halo online and project catogopher? One is popular one isn’t.

I already know people won’t like what I said, but I bet most people like halo 3 more than halo 2 in today’s time , just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll do another test to eliminate controller differences - MCC vs. BC.

Well, I did the test, and it's a night and day difference.

Halo 3 BC, 7 sens is bang on.

Halo 3 MCC, 7 is too fast, and lower settings feel weird.

Playing on BC also really highlights how out of whack Halo 3 MCC's brightness is.

Yes sir, MCC is quite the shitbag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I did the test, and it's a night and day difference.

Halo 3 BC, 7 sens is bang on.

Halo 3 MCC, 7 is too fast, and lower settings feel weird.

Playing on BC also really highlights how out of whack Halo 3 MCC's brightness is.

Yes sir, MCC is quite the shitbag.

I've been saying those things for a while. Both the sensitivity differences and the difference in brightness, it really kills the atmosphere in the odst port when the city is pretty much day time lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just realised I have no reason to be excited for Halo MCC patches because the Halo community in Aus/NZ has been torn and gutted by the past few shitty releases that no one plays anymore so when the game is finally fixed and playable I'll still have to play Halo 3's shitty Projectile on American Servers and never be able to hit anything.

Also I don't like Halo 3 because its awful to play on non-local servers.

Okay, a couple of things here...how long have you been on this forum and you don't even know why other people dislike H3? It's fine if you like it, that's not what I'm getting at. But to not even know why other people don't? I feel like that should have come up a time or two by now.

And yeah, you're probably right that more people like H3 right now, but have you considered that it may have nothing to do with gameplay? More people started playing Halo at H3 than probably any other Halo, so that alone would explain it. But then factor in that whichever Halo you play first will probably be your favorite, AND the fact that series has had a linear decline in gameplay quality until H5, so there's probably not a lot of H2 fans that are still around. Plus they're just older and are more likely to have family obligations.

But to answer your question why someone wouldn't like H3 but did like 1 and 2, it's because H3 removed almost all of the power from the individual. You almost always needed a perfect grenade or a teammate to finish kills. This was made worse by the effective range of the BR, forcing a "hold forward" meta just to get in range to kill people. And that's just on LAN. It wasn't unusual to have to hit a guy 10 times online. Then the melee system had all its depth removed too and became braindead simple. Now factor in the super low field of view and make all of that feel like it's being played at a snail's pace. And that's all just MLG settings. Hop into regular MM and add equipment and radar to all of that too. That's why old school players might not like H3 if it wasn't their very first Halo game.

fair point and to answer your first question a couple months. I’m 19 so my first halo was halo 2 but I wasn’t at an age where o knew what o was doing and played casual shit. But in h3 I played ranked and had a blast. And is the FOV in h2&3 really that different? Like they honestly feel the same.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

fair point and to answer your first question a couple months. I’m 19 so my first halo was halo 2 but I wasn’t at an age where o knew what o was doing and played casual shit. But in h3 I played ranked and had a blast. And is the FOV in h2&3 really that different? Like they honestly feel the same.

Halo 3 is low 60's.

Halo 2 is low 70's.

Edit: looks like my memory was a bit off, thanks chunk

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's some info you didn't ask for, but maybe you (or someone else) might find it informative.

Halo 3 Fullscreen single-player: 55 (4:3) 
Halo 3 Fullscreen split-screen: 92 (8:3) 
Halo 3 Widescreen single-player: 70 (16:9)
nWvyQ.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 3 is low 60's.

Halo 2 is low 70's.

Edit: looks like my memory was a bit off, thanks chunk

well ok then

I've been thinking a lot about MCC on PC and how sweet it will be. 

Here's to hope. 

#WeAreHalo

I will be so happy if this happens and it's done right. I will miss a lot of the options you have with Halo: Online though like moving/changing viewmodels.