CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

can anyone edit the text out of that splash screen for a wallpaper?

check r/halo someone did a beautiful job at it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randomness will always favor the less skilled player or the player who is at some other disadvantage.

Most of the time yes but when both players are subject to randomness the more highly skilled player is favored because they're more skilled at overcoming randomness. ex: Pubg and Fortnite I'm just playing devil's advocate here, please don't kill me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Most of the time yes but when both players are subject to randomness the more highly skilled player is favored because they're more skilled at overcoming randomness. ex: Pubg and Fortnite I'm just playing devil's advocate here, please don't kill me.

Randomness is the opposite of skill. Skilled players are more adept at putting the odds in their favor in every situation, but randomness will always favor the lesser skilled player. A skilled player overcoming randomness does not mean the randomness favors them; in the absence of randomness, they would have an even bigger advantage. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did an edit, didn't realize there was one on reddit but here's mine in case you don't want to head over there.

i1HArRj.jpg
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So, I'm late. But. I'm very impressed with what I have heard so far, I didn't expect this fix to be as good as Alexander Flemming's antibiotic discovery, but still, this is progress.

I have multiple friends who have recently bought xbox's for halo nostalgia and are already playing fortnite only. Maybe matching level 50's and teams of 4 with solo players isn't a good idea lolololol I cant even imagine how many people are turned away from MCC due to the unfair matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have multiple friends who have recently bought xbox's for halo nostalgia and are already playing fortnite only. Maybe matching level 50's and teams of 4 with solo players isn't a good idea lolololol I cant even imagine how many people are turned away from MCC due to the unfair matches.

yeah it’s a shit ton. Not just MCC h5 too. I play MCC more because MCC games don’t have heavy aim

It 100% was played in 09 before Heretic came out. I distinctly remember a tie and replay and Puckett wanting to die.

This reminds me of Columbus '12. 

Puckett: "Instinct ties the series after that... ... ...fascinating game of team slayer on Penance." 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it possible that we can get the original sounds back for CE multiplayer?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it possible that we can get the original sounds back for CE multiplayer?

Totally possible, yeah. Try tweeting ske7ch and others on the Legacy team and make the request seen. It shouldn't be that hard of a job at all.

Here is also a photoshop someone did

1swore0x9rs01.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hopped on MCC last night

took me an hour to get a game though i found games fast after the first game.

searched team slayer cause why not. matched a team of 3 and got slaughtered. 3 min priz game was worth that 1hour wait! 

searched again, got h3. game went about as expected. no complaints

Searched CE to see if I could get a game. Got one. Matched up with a 40 (I'm level 20) vs a 25 and another 40. Should be a good game. level 25 on the other team dodges chillout team slayer wtf is wrong with him. And he did it as the game started so the game wouldn't find him another teammate, probably hated the guy he matched with. shit sucks. 

Then i searched the h3 playlist. oh god. got matched against so many team of 4s. 1 game I had 23 kills and my teammates had 1. yes all 3 had 1 kill between them. The team of 4 then booted me out of the game around 45 kills because i did a sweet reversal for a double and tbagged him.

then searched hardcore. this playlist isn't even usable. so much dodging when h2/h3 doesn't get voted and since you have to get 8/8 to like the game picked. holy fuck. got 1 game and 1 teammate who was probably a legit lvl 5 quit out because he was getting spanked (tho they had a legit lvl 5 too!), stayed with it because it was a fairly even game between the remaining 6. tho 3v4 obj is still rough. 

played h2 classic cause i wanted to play some h2. matched a team of 4 and got rekt. searched again because i really wanted a good game of h2. still got wrecked but it was a much closer game. I'm really rusty on the meta of the odd h2 maps. And this game was the first game I played that had no quitters. 

A lot needs to be changed for MCC to play right. There's potential though. Last night was worse than I ever remember MCC bar the matchmaking time. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

email me when shit's fixed

don't put your email on here. the bots will find it and your email will be flooded. 

this guy knows whats up with mcc. his last 3 videos have hit the nail on the head 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I re-upped my live account the other day and been playin the H1 doubles list on MCC. Even when searching with friends we keep running into the best players to ever play on their alt tags lol, it's a nightmare. Someone needs to give me lessons for this game cause I only ever got good at h2. Btw, I gave microsoft money again and signed up for the mcc flight program because I read they were going to put some halo custom edition maps into mcc. I can dig that type of community outreach.

GT: RVG E Nomini

Add me if you want to school me on h1.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I re-upped my live account the other day and been playin the H1 doubles list on MCC. Even when searching with friends we keep running into the best players to ever play on their alt tags lol, it's a nightmare. Someone needs to give me lessons for this game cause I only ever got good at h2. Btw, I gave microsoft money again and signed up for the mcc flight program because I read they were going to put some halo custom edition maps into mcc. I can dig that type of community outreach.

These will give you a good start:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9497-halo-ce-spawn-system-incomplete/

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/6261-some-halo-1-videos-for-new-players/

• Upvote (+1) 3

I also maintain a YouTube playlist of useful videos of high quality. Most basic/useful up top, more advanced/detailed/redundant at the bottom:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Any CE dudes mind telling me their opinion on how crouch walking works in the game? From what I can tell the crouch walk speed is so fast that the game automatically knocks you out of crouch, forcing you to manually walk slower.

Fan of that or nah?

Any CE dudes mind telling me their opinion on how crouch walking works in the game? From what I can tell the crouch walk speed is so fast that the game automatically knocks you out of crouch, forcing you to manually walk slower.

Fan of that or nah?

crouching is for pussies so yea

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not the best H1 players there is, but I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the basics (I'd classify myself as an intermediate level player). I just started playing some yesterday, for the first time in 6 months, and I'd be happy to give you some pointers.

Hit me up with a friend request.

GamerTag is : BR N00b (zeroes not o's).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fan of that or nah?