CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Random spread's never fun and you're basically playing a menu simulator, provided you build like a pro on consoles.

oh what do you know MAN girl?? Fortnite is God.

Fortnite shooting mechanics are atrocious lol. Random spread and bloom is not good. They added first shot accuracy back but with damage drop off and lower headshot multipliers. Because the accurate guns should totally deal less precision damage lmao.

Or what about the shotguns that can deal 1-200 damage depending on what the game decides.

The best part though is the Cod campaign lock on the game has. You literally auto lock people if you scope in. There are few games I've played that have a lower shooting skill gap than Fortnite.

It's definitely a chill game and it's fun to goof off with friends on it, but let's not kid ourselves about the good aspects of it lol.

Warzone doesn’t have to suck. Revamp the base capping mechanics to be like Battlefield or like an Extraction beacon, give each team their own health bar for bosses or award points for damage in real time, and revamp the few system. It could be decent.

Limit players to a set number of reqs they can call in per game, like 8 for example. Let them set their “decks” in the menus so it’s ready when the game starts. Players would need to balance early game vs late game efficiency. Losing that Banshee would have way more consequence because you may have only brought one. Then, make the req meter fill up passively, uniform for everybody, free of influence from the player. This would prevent both snowballing and req spam. The deck system might also allow for some teamwork, so you balance your early game and late game across your team.

For the req system, they could keep their microtransaction system and keep the cards consumable, and still make you unlock the other variants. I would award victory points or something that you can spend on whatever you want to unlock, like Reach’s credits except you have to win to earn them. Then you could save them up and spend them on that Wraith Ultra certification, or the armor you’ve had your eye on. Reserve certain armors as achievement/commendation rewards. Use a different currency for buying consumable cards, one you can earn just by playing.

It wouldn’t be an eSport, but it’d be a hell of a lot better than it is now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fortnite shooting mechanics are atrocious lol. Random spread and bloom is not good. They added first shot accuracy back but with damage drop off and lower headshot multipliers. Because the accurate guns should totally deal less precision damage lmao.

Or what about the shotguns that can deal 1-200 damage depending on what the game decides.

The best part though is the Cod campaign lock on the game has. You literally auto lock people if you scope in. There are few games I've played that have a lower shooting skill gap than Fortnite.

It's definitely a chill game and it's fun to goof off with friends on it, but let's not kid ourselves about the good aspects of it lol.

I was completely ignorant to all of that bc I haven’t played more than an hour of it and I’ve only watched PC gameplay. :(

I was completely ignorant to all of that bc I haven’t played more than an hour of it and I’ve only watched PC gameplay. :(

Yea it's not TOTALLY bad on PC even from a competitive standpoint. You really have ways of showing your skill especially with building. But on console the auto lock aim is just plain stupid. Kills anything good the game could possibly have in the shooting department.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@arglactable

I see you must have missed my response. Figure I'll ask again that way I have a better understanding at how this goes. Me personally, I think Halo CE 2v2's are the best form of competitive Halo. I did mention there was an h2 event cause hey, while I think CE is best there are others that think H2 or H3 is the best.

Stop me where I am wrong. I assume you are a fan of Halo. I assume you are a fan of competitive shooters. I know you hate console gaming. I get that Halo CE is on a console but I'm just trying to see where you draw this line being an active member of a competitive Halo site. This really just doesn't go for you either but there seems to be a rather large group of people out there that seem to push competitive merit to the forefront, prefer classic halo over modern, yet seemingly are not interest in attending a LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ok I need a PC shooter with moderate kill times to sink my teeth into. Paladins and overwatch are filled with spammy bullet spongey cluster fucking. CS feels good to shoot but I hate single-life games (So BR games are out). Kill times in most military shooters are too fast. I tried Black Squad for like an hour yesterday because steam keeps throwing it in my face. So far the maps all blow as do the non-single life gametypes.

Help me TB, you're my only hope.

Ok I need a PC shooter with moderate kill times to sink my teeth into. Paladins and overwatch are filled with spammy bullet spongey cluster fucking. CS feels good to shoot but I hate single-life games (So BR games are out). Kill times in most military shooters are too fast. I tried Black Squad for like an hour yesterday because steam keeps throwing it in my face. So far the maps all blow as do the non-single life gametypes.

Well sadly your options are pretty limited there.

DooM.  Coming straight from Halo it will feel very similar despite it's differences.  Probably your best bet.

Team Fortress 2. "Spammy" maybe but not bullet spongey like those games.

Quake Champions...if you have a high end PC and high tolerance for getting destroyed.  Not Quake Live as it's mostly 1-life modes these days.

Dirty Bomb.  Kind of.  Killtimes are pretty fast but still somewhat slower than typical military FPS and movement slows them further.

• Upvote (+1) 2

M'dude. You're garbage.

Careful, you get too angry and it'll un-tuck itself.

Gears. It’s hard as fuck to get into, but your progress is soooo satisfying.

Gears. It’s hard as fuck to get into, but your progress is soooo satisfying.

Make sure to get a solid Spanish language reference to go with it, because it's more popular in Mexico than it is in the US.

Ironsight my man. Its blatantly a COD ripoff (specifically black ops), but its an excellent ripoff. F2P, Maps are stellar, has slow regenerating health, F2P aspects don't really interfere with gameplay.

I was pretty skeptical about it, but tried it out because I was bored over the weekend. I was pretty shocked honestly.

Here watch this, it does a better explanation than I can.

https://youtu.be/f8L5WHgc950?t=6m6s

EDIT: Can't figure out why that won't auto generate the video like it usually does :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I found this little gem while browsing old files. Man, I used to be funny.

IEgaCcx.gif

ok movie.

black ops 2 plays really nice on PC. theres prob still a good population. fast arcade twitch shooting with some of the least BS compared to the rest of the series. tons of viable weapons from every class so theres a lot to grind if you feel like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ironsight my man. Its blatantly a COD ripoff (specifically black ops), but its an excellent ripoff. F2P, Maps are stellar, has slow regenerating health, F2P aspects don't really interfere with gameplay.

I was pretty skeptical about it, but tried it out because I was bored over the weekend. I was pretty shocked honestly.

Here watch this, it does a better explanation than I can.

https://youtu.be/f8L5WHgc950?t=6m6s

EDIT: Can't figure out why that won't auto generate the video like it usually does :thinking:

you put a time stamp on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warzone doesn’t have to suck. Revamp the base capping mechanics to be like Battlefield or like an Extraction beacon, give each team their own health bar for bosses or award points for damage in real time, and revamp the few system. It could be decent.

Limit players to a set number of reqs they can call in per game, like 8 for example. Let them set their “decks” in the menus so it’s ready when the game starts. Players would need to balance early game vs late game efficiency. Losing that Banshee would have way more consequence because you may have only brought one. Then, make the req meter fill up passively, uniform for everybody, free of influence from the player. This would prevent both snowballing and req spam. The deck system might also allow for some teamwork, so you balance your early game and late game across your team.

For the req system, they could keep their microtransaction system and keep the cards consumable, and still make you unlock the other variants. I would award victory points or something that you can spend on whatever you want to unlock, like Reach’s credits except you have to win to earn them. Then you could save them up and spend them on that Wraith Ultra certification, or the armor you’ve had your eye on. Reserve certain armors as achievement/commendation rewards. Use a different currency for buying consumable cards, one you can earn just by playing.

It wouldn’t be an eSport, but it’d be a hell of a lot better than it is now.

I wish there was just one person in a position of power at 343 that had this amount of common sense. It's frustrating that the Warzone shipped with H5 is what we got, because it could be so much better with just a few tweaks. Story of Halo's life I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you put a time stamp on it.

Well shoot. It’s a 16 minute video with 4 minutes of it being on Ironsight. Guess it’ll just stay like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fortnite shooting mechanics aren’t bad. Random spread? Bruh you can control that just don’t spam like you’re crazy. If the game was completely no bloom and no spread shit be way too easy.

Fortnite shooting mechanics aren’t bad. Random spread? Bruh you can control that just don’t spam like you’re crazy. If the game was completely no bloom and no spread shit be way too easy.

No bloom, no skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Projectile weaponry is the answer 99% of the time in these situations. Get perfect accuracy, lowers the viable range, adds skill..

• Upvote (+1) 4

Projectile weaponry is the answer 99% of the time in these situations. Get perfect accuracy, lowers the viable range, adds skill..

Now, granted I've barely played Fortnite, because my name is not Bob the Builder, but, uh... doesn't it already use a projectile model?

• Upvote (+1) 2