CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Investing resources into a completely dead game that isn't going to bring people who left back to the scene...

Y'all can call this a good faith gesture if you want, you can be happy that it might finally be playable 3-4 years after release- but this is just the newest dumb decision in the chain of colossal fuck-ups by 343.

what crawled up your ass?

nevermind i found it :salt:  :salt:  :fire:  :fire:  :salt:  :salt: 

• Upvote (+1) 7

IF this works and fixes MCC could we get some classic halo tournaments from TB?  :beyond:

I pray they add actual stats to Waypoint. I felt bad for the dudes running the tournaments in 2014/15. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has any member of the HCFP (or this forum more specifically) received an invite to the MCC Insider Program yet?

Has any member of the HCFP (or this forum more specifically) received an invite to the MCC Insider Program yet?

Yes I did, a few days ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just registered for the HCFP yesterday, and I am reading the "Spring Shenanigans" Halo Waypoint update (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/spring-shenanigans) and it mentions a survey. All I got when I registered was a confirmation email that I have "joined the Halo Feedback Program." So I am wondering whether I am good to go, or if I should "reach out to them."

John McGrath Sr and MacTheStampede, I do appreciate you guys responding to my question, because it is possible that  :weback: ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just registered for the HCFP yesterday, and I am reading the "Spring Shenanigans" Halo Waypoint update (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/spring-shenanigans) and it mentions a survey. All I got when I registered was a confirmation email that I have "joined the Halo Feedback Program." So I am wondering whether I am good to go, or if I should "reach out to them."

John McGrath Sr and MacTheStampede, I do appreciate you guys responding to my question, because it is possible that  :weback: ?

The initial survey is to join the HCFP, to get into the flighting program for MCC you will be emailed. Make sure you also join the Xbox Insiders program and then after that i would suggest reaching out to 343 to get your email 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope 343 is smart enough to put the MCC on the Games Pass. All the fixes will be for nothing if people don't come back to the game.

The initial survey is to join the HCFP, to get into the flighting program for MCC you will be emailed. Make sure you also join the Xbox Insiders program and then after that i would suggest reaching out to 343 to get your email 

Thank you for the clarification, I will take your advice.

Btw it hasn't started yet and it will probably be a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's the deal with the MCC update, and when can we expect it to launch?

I still get cravings for Halo CE.

IF this works and fixes MCC could we get some classic halo tournaments from TB?  :beyond:

This would be so hype.  We need to request more community tournament features for that to happen though.

What's the deal with the MCC update

They're currently working on it. Two dev blogs on it here: 

and when can we expect it to launch?

They planned to launch it for MCC/Xbox Insiders during Spring and no ETA on everyone, but we don't know the exact dates. Emails recently got sent out to people in the Halo Feedback Program to sign up for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're currently working on it. Two dev blogs on it here: 

They planned to launch it for MCC/Xbox Insiders during Spring and no ETA on everyone, but we don't know the exact dates. Emails recently got sent out to people in the Halo Feedback Program to sign up for it. 

Brilliant, thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like there is quite a bit of interest out there for testing the "new and improved" MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decided to play a quick game in MCC after two and half years of not playing it and I think H5 ruined me. I got H3 and it just felt weird playing it. Shooting people felt flat with no feedback like when you shoot people without aim assist and it was hard to tell if I was connecting or not. The sensitivity felt odd as well. It was like it was too quick horizontal, but not quick enough on the vertical aspect. I guess I'll need to get more games in.

Decided to play a quick game in MCC after two and half years of not playing it and I think H5 ruined me. I got H3 and it just felt weird playing it. Shooting people felt flat with no feedback like when you shoot people without aim assist and it was hard to tell if I was connecting or not. The sensitivity felt odd as well. It was like it was too quick horizontal, but not quick enough on the vertical aspect. I guess I'll need to get more games in.

That's part of your problem.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 is slower vertical than horizontal. It also uses a different aiming system which is why when you try to look diagnally it moves in an arc. Hit detection was always ass and MCC makes all of this worse.

H5 aiming is better than even OG H3 imo. I played a shitton of H3 and loved every minute back in the day but I can't stand that game now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 is slower vertical than horizontal. It also uses a different aiming system which is why when you try to look diagnally it moves in an arc. Hit detection was always ass and MCC makes all of this worse.

H5 aiming is better than even OG H3 imo. I played a shitton of H3 and loved every minute back in the day but I can't stand that game now.

Halo 3's aiming was garbage, but it was at least consistent garbage, unlike Halo 5. Every game in Halo 5 feels like Russian roulette to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not sure I'd say H5 aiming is better after all of the shit its gone through however Halo 3 aiming was and always will be absolutely trash. I still don't know how they got it so wrong compared to CE/2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3's aiming was garbage, but it was at least consistent garbage, unlike Halo 5. Every game in Halo 5 feels like Russian roulette to me.

yeah I agree with that. halo 3's was weird but at least it was consistent and you could get really good at aiming. halo 5 is fucking all over the place