CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This might be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site.

Eh, don't be too hard on him. Halo 2 is not a good game, and clearly, some feel it's far worse than just not good. Pretty much the only reasons that I want to see it fixed in MCC are nostalgia and Rocketball.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

any idea when this update will be fully released?

As far as a finished release goes, it easily goes into next year. There's so many problems that they have to essentially to backwards in order try and move forward. It's going to take a lot of time. I'm sure some small improvements will be done by the end of this year, though.

Eh, don't be too hard on him. Halo 2 is not a good game, and clearly, some feel it's far worse than just not good. Pretty much the only reasons that I want to see it fixed in MCC are nostalgia and Rocketball.

“Halo 2 is not a good game”

Elaborate please...

Silent Hill especially 2-4 were 100% AAA with big budgets and high popularity. Silent Hill 2 sold over a million copies in its first month which back in 2002 was considered pretty successful.

Like seriously PT was one of if not the biggest, most hyped demo ever.

The series spawned two films that made over 100 million dollars, and the first one had a 50 million budget and opened number 1.

Anyway yes I agree MCC is up there, maybe even top 5, but it's not the worst all time. For a flagship series of a console, yeah it's definitely the worst. Microsoft should have treated this with so much care but maybe they saw halo popularity already dipping and stopped giving a shit.

Ok can we agree it's definitely the worst for a multiplayer launch?

Silent Hill especially 2-4 were 100% AAA with big budgets and high popularity. Silent Hill 2 sold over a million copies in its first month which back in 2002 was considered pretty successful.

Like seriously PT was one of if not the biggest, most hyped demo ever.

The series spawned two films that made over 100 million dollars, and the first one had a 50 million budget and opened number 1.

Anyway yes I agree MCC is up there, maybe even top 5, but it's not the worst all time. For a flagship series of a console, yeah it's definitely the worst. Microsoft should have treated this with so much care but maybe they saw halo popularity already dipping and stopped giving a shit.

SH2 sold 650k copies with 350k in European pre-orders. Source

FFX sold 2.14 million copies in its first day to Japan alone. Souce

Pre-orders for Metal Gear Solid 2 topped 1.4 Million in Europe alone. Source

PT also had Norman Reedus and Hideo Kojima's name behind it.

The film series began as a director trying to acquire its rights for 5 years. This wasn't Konami saying "lets make a movie out of this game!"

I'm curious as to what you think is a worse AAA release. BF4? Diablo 3?

As far as a finished release goes, it easily goes into next year. There's so many problems that they have to essentially to backwards in order try and move forward. It's going to take a lot of time. I'm sure some small improvements will be done by the end of this year, though.

"Coming Spring...2019."

SH2 sold 650k copies with 350k in European pre-orders. Source

FFX sold 2.14 million copies in its first day to Japan alone. Souce

Pre-orders for Metal Gear Solid 2 topped 1.4 Million in Europe alone. Source

PT also had Norman Reedus and Hideo Kojima's name behind it.

The film series began as a director trying to acquire its rights for 5 years. This wasn't Konami saying "lets make a movie out of this game!"

I'm curious as to what you think is a worse AAA release. BF4? Diablo 3?

None of these sales comparisons disqualify it from being an AAA game. MGS and FF were fucking huge. It's like saying Halo 4 wasn't AAA because NSMB sold 30 million copies.

The movie had a 50 million dollar budget. Who cares if Konami wasn't actively seeking to turn it into a film franchise? The point is it got a bigger budget than 99% of horror movies due to its name and made over 100 million dollars. That speaks to its popularity.

- SimCity didn't work for over a week. Period. You couldn't play it. Even after you could play it, it was still a disaster for a while.

- Diablo 3 was pretty bad yeah.

- Silent Hill HD as mentioned.

- Batman Arkham Knight and Dead Island on PC were horribly botched releases that forced publishers to take them off of Steam.

- Driveclub.

- GTA Online had tons of server issues for a while.

AAA refers to the funding the developer is given fyi, not the sales revenue.

Also, MCC qualifies as a AAAA title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

None of these sales comparisons disqualify it from being an AAA game. MGS and FF were fucking huge. It's like saying Halo 4 wasn't AAA because NSMB sold 30 million copies.

The movie had a 50 million dollar budget. Who cares if Konami wasn't actively seeking to turn it into a film franchise? The point is it got a bigger budget than 99% of horror movies due to its name and made over 100 million dollars. That speaks to its popularity.

- SimCity didn't work for over a week. Period. You couldn't play it. Even after you could play it, it was still a disaster for a while.

- Diablo 3 was pretty bad yeah.

- Silent Hill HD as mentioned.

- Batman Arkham Knight and Dead Island on PC were horribly botched releases that forced publishers to take them off of Steam.

- Driveclub.

- GTA Online had tons of server issues for a while.

You're right in the aspect that it doesn't mean Silent Hills isn't AAA, but when you are comparing AAA games (their sales/budgets) to others Silent Hills just doesn't meet the cut. MSG was in its second game in the franchise just like Silent Hill was.

The point is that Konami did nothing but sign its name over. They didn't provide funding or really do anything. The director got funding for the film, the name, and everything else. Had he not gotten the name behind it, it likely still would have released the film under a different name.

50 Million is also below average for movie funding, so I'm not sure thats a great point to make.

I would consider two of those to be on par with MCC. 3 if we count Silent Hills.

AAA refers to the funding the developer is given fyi, not the sales revenue.

Also, MCC qualifies as a AAAA title.

Its actually been pretty hard to find good sources for hard figures for sales on Silent Hill, I imagine it would be even harder to find budgets.

I would assume that gives sales figures though you could give a very rough estimate on how much would be spent on the next installment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can you elaborate more on this? In what ways does it differ?

It's difficult to describe, but the aiming aand general feel is just off.

They used halo pc and h2 vista to port over since it was easier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you elaborate more on this? In what ways does it differ?

for 1 the button combos are messed up because it's 60fps. There is a mod on h2v that fixes it now (though it didnt exist prior to mcc launch).

The hit registration and spawns on h2v are notorious for working differently. IDK why, but it does. The same happened in the cod4 remake, the spawns were fucked up for no reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's difficult to describe, but the aiming aand general feel is just off.

They used halo pc and h2 vista to port over since it was easier.

Gotcha. Yes, I'm aware they used the ports. I mod H2V and work with the Project Cartographer people, so its just in my interest to obtain differences between Xbox/PC, especially more minor ones.

for 1 the button combos are messed up because it's 60fps. There is a mod on h2v that fixes it now (though it didnt exist prior to mcc launch).

The hit registration and spawns on h2v are notorious for working differently. IDK why, but it does. The same happened in the cod4 remake, the spawns were fucked up for no reason.

Right, both button combos and hit reg have been worked on, and the spawns are certainly a known issue.

Also there are trades in h2. There never was such a thing

Noted.

Also there are trades in h2. There never was such a thing

Trades are good though. They are actually are a result of 2 people meleeing at the same time...obviously not down to the split second, but people winning melees because they have faster internet isn't good. Welcomed improvement imo.

No trading means people will be eating melees and shots all over the place.

Trades are good though. They are actually are a result of 2 people meleeing at the same time...obviously not down to the split second, but people winning melees because they have faster internet isn't good. Welcomed improvement imo.

No trading means people will be eating melees and shots all over the place.

Ew. Definitely disagree with this. Internet is better than it was 13 years ago. Even then, unless you were host, connection didn't play a huge part in battles. There should always be a winner and always be a loser. This isn't CoD where the game is ruled by connection. You always have a chance in Halo to outplay someone. Screw that "everybody gets a trophy" mentality. Bungie added that into H3 to make bad players feel better and increase the randomness, and it's been a staple in Halo ever since. That kind of thing should NEVER pollute CE and H2, the superior games.

At the VERY least, they should never apply to gun battles. That's dumb.

Also, everyone should get a Netduma (if they have the spare change). You'll never get matched up with people far away from you/foreigners again,

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ew. Definitely disagree with this. Internet is better than it was 13 years ago. Even then, unless you were host, connection didn't play a huge part in battles. There should always be a winner and always be a loser. This isn't CoD where the game is ruled by connection. You always have a chance in Halo to outplay someone. Screw that "everybody gets a trophy" mentality. Bungie added that into H3 to make bad players feel better and increase the randomness, and it's been a staple in Halo ever since. That kind of thing should NEVER pollute CE and H2, the superior games.

Also, everyone should get a Netduma (if they have the spare change). You'll never get matched up with people far away from you/foreigners again,

Bungie did not add melee trading to lessen the skill gap, that's an insane cliche.

They added melee trading because it was an online game with latency. What you see on your screen already happened, your opponent is ahead of what you see. Melee trading comes into effect when: you melee your opponent before he melees you on your screen. On HIS screen, he meleed you before you meleed him. If you take away trading, someone is going to melee at the correct time and nothing will happen. Same with shooting. If you take away trading, people will actually eat shots and fire blanks because their opponent has better internet. Once again, trading makes it so what happens on your screen happens in the game.

Trading sucks. But its better than blank shots and melees. What you see on your screen should happen in the game. Its happens with online gaming. Halo 1 will never have trading and should never have trading because its played on lan, you dont need these measures on lan.

http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=13233

Heres bungie explaining it. Its lag compensation. It's the fairest way to do things. Trading is better than blanks, everytime.

Lol yeah okay. H2/H3 had hosts that were impossible

What is different about spawning in h2 vs h2v?

just my own experience here.

It seems like in H2V you don't have any negative influence on the enemy teams spawns or, if you do it's only within a couple feet. So what ends up happening is, you get a kill cross map with the br and they end up spawning in your back pocket, or in the middle of library on Lockout when your team is all over br tower and library door.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just my own experience here.

It seems like in H2V you don't have any negative influence on the enemy teams spawns or, if you do it's only within a couple feet. So what ends up happening is, you get a kill cross map with the br and they end up spawning in your back pocket, or in the middle of library on Lockout when your team is all over br tower and library door.

Do you understand that it is extremely unlikely that the spawn system will be fixed (assuming there is a problem) without being able to provide recreatable evidence?

Do you understand that it is extremely unlikely that the spawn system will be fixed (assuming there is a problem) without being able to provide recreatable evidence?

With enough friends/controllers, I don’t think it’d be that hard to recreate. Position your team in the standard BR tower setup, have the other team die on screen over and over, and see if they spawn in your setup. You could do a sample size of 100 kills and show it in fast forward, with a tally of how many bad spawns they got at the end. Then do the same thing with the other version of the game.

However, yeah, pretty unlikely they’ll adjust the spawn system. I guess we’ll see though. We really don’t know that much about the scope of the update yet.

As far as OG H2 goes, I know you could spawn pretty damn close to the enemy if you were on a different horizontal plane. For example, spawning under the whole enemy team on Midship Slayer, spawning S2 on Lockout with an enemy at the bottom of the ramp, or spawning PR on Sanctuary with an enemy in the sniper hut or on the flag. I haven’t played a ton of MCC H2 and haven’t noticed the difference yet though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if I had enough Xboxes and manpower i'd get on it. Unfortunately I don't because, I would love to see this fixed in H2V. Also, I asked about the spawn issue in the Project Cartographer discord and they acknowledged it and basically told me there was nothing that could be done about it for what ever it's worth. 

I don't play Halo 2 so the difference doesn't really affect my mcc fun but I'm quite surprised you guys who do can't or won't band together and create something that explains and shows the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't play Halo 2 so the difference doesn't really affect my mcc fun but I'm quite surprised you guys who do can't or won't band together and create something that explains and shows the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1