CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They should, even if it takes another year, create a MM system where you can create MM preset options for yourself by checking off all of the acceptable gametype combinations you're willing to play and then off it goes matching you into a lobby that fits the criteria. Make these presets shareable and have the current top presets for the month be default options where MM hoppers currently sit. Its the only thing that really makes sense with a game like MCC with hundreds of options and totally different games. They can't create hoppers that cater to that many different wants because you'd end up with, like, 45 different playlists to get to almost everyone

Maybe the will add the 45 playlists (4v4, 2v2, BTB, FFA, Multi Team etc etc for each game) and then give us the option to search in multiple playlists at once like Titanfall 2. Either that or multi-game playlists with filters have to happen if they want this game to have a decent MM experience.

It's absolutely unprecedented. I'm 99% sure Microsoft sent in experts to assist in fixing it before the Xbox X solution. Think about that: Microsoft and 343 combined couldn't figure out to fix it in a cost prohibitive manner. MCC is easily the most broken triple AAA launch ever. 343 had no idea how to fix until Microsoft's work with the Xbox X by chance happened to uncover something that apparently helped.

From what I recall reading, what ALLOWED them to fix* MCC was improvements to the Xbone's OS and its development tools. What MADE them fix* MCC was a chance to sell it again after adding 4K.

*No guarantee, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 5

"We're not gonna win if you keep CHOKING like that!'

“25 uncontested seconds in the MIDDLE!”

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's absolutely unprecedented. I'm 99% sure Microsoft sent in experts to assist in fixing it before the Xbox X solution. Think about that: Microsoft and 343 combined couldn't figure out to fix it in a cost prohibitive manner. MCC is easily the most broken triple AAA launch ever. 343 had no idea how to fix until Microsoft's work with the Xbox X by chance happened to uncover something that apparently helped.

For sure. It would be something very interesting to read about in full detail once all is said and done. I mean, we all give 343 crap (and sometimes, deservingly so) but if they pull this off years after release, then I see no reason why this couldn't be the precedent moving forward for gaming. It's been a fiasco for years, but it could turn into an example of positive community and customer support.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MCC is not the most broken AAA launch ever. Campaign actually worked. And they got mming barely working within a week. Many releases were somehow worse than this. This is the state of the industry we're in now and it's brutal.

Go look at games like these Silent Hill HD Collection, where literally every aspect of the games were altered and many sections had brutal framerate and constant crashes. And Konami literally refused to fix it, citing cost. TwinPerfect on YouTube put up a great video about it.

Also, the Xbox One X didn't uncover anything. Improvements have been made to the Xbox network infrastructure since 2016. In regards to the X, it's that Microsoft authorized them to update mcc for 4k support and 343 is using the opportunity to spend more getting it fixed which Microsoft is probably hoping will be worthwhile in getting fans back into Halo and on Gold subscriptions again and not sell their Xbox and possibly buy an X. It's all about the money.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Plus, the more you click on things, the cooler our website becomes to the internet.

wutface.jpeg

MCC is not the most broken AAA launch ever. Campaign actually worked. And they got mming barely working within a week. Many releases were somehow worse than this. This is the state of the industry we're in now and it's brutal.

Go look at games like these Silent Hill HD Collection, where literally every aspect of the games were altered and many sections had brutal framerate and constant crashes. And Konami literally refused to fix it, citing cost. TwinPerfect on YouTube put up a great video about it.

Also, the Xbox One X didn't uncover anything. Improvements have been made to the Xbox network infrastructure since 2016. In regards to the X, it's that Microsoft authorized them to update mcc for 4k support and 343 is using the opportunity to spend more getting it fixed which Microsoft is probably hoping will be worthwhile in getting fans back into Halo and on Gold subscriptions again and not sell their Xbox and possibly buy an X. It's all about the money.

While money is the driving factor, the reason mcc is getting updated is that microsoft has set aside a budget specifically for mcc now. You're right that the reason MCC wasn't fixed until now is because 343 didn't have permission to fix it or use money to bring in people to fix it

If they Can make H2 feel like classic H2 instead of vista H2 that would be great

:prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Part of the reason i'm one to vote H3 more often because H2 just doesn't feel right + way too many SMG starts  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 just feels bad. Classic or MCC. Aiming in that game makes you feel like a F4gg3tt. period. Whether it's on an Awful piece of shit CRT, or the blurriest fucking image fathomable on a Flatscreen, Classic Halo 2 doesn't do jack shit for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Halo 2 just feels bad. Classic or MCC. Aiming in that game makes you feel like a F4gg3tt. period. Whether it's on an Awful piece of shit CRT, or the blurriest fucking image fathomable on a Flatscreen, Classic Halo 2 doesn't do jack shit for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Guys. Halp. My memory is failing me. I’m almost certain there used to be an MLG gametype where flag indicator was always on. Was it Creek?

Edit: Yes, it was Creek. That was a fun google search. I didn’t know Sanc TS was No Sniping in 06 either.

This might be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this site.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone else feel like grenades in H2C are extremely over powered? I swear I'm nowhere near them and I die. I didn't remember it being like that over 10 years ago

any idea when this update will be fully released?

They were targeting Spring for the public testing but it sounds like it got pushed back a bit. If anything, it should start within the next few months with a decently sized patch coming out before the end of the year. 

ever since that mcc blog, this mcc thread has gotten so many posts. so many of us want a good mcc.

being able to play ur fav halo games online is always gonna be attractive....now the possibility of having a better representation of those games is sexy as fuck to the average halo fan...lets see if they deliver or fuck up like usual...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else feel like grenades in H2C are extremely over powered? I swear I'm nowhere near them and I die. I didn't remember it being like that over 10 years ago

how about you test it instead of relying on your flawed perception and asking others to chime in with their also flawed perceptions?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd say its arguable that its a contender for worst AAA launch in gaming history.

Campaign wasn't great in the beginning either, co-op was just as buggy/broken as it was in MP, but in general yes it worked better (which isn't saying much).

I don't know if you can even claim Silent Hill was an AAA series. If you were to go by sales metric it doesn't really compete with other AAA games. If you went by budget I'd say its a little more arguable that it was an AAA series, but still falls short.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If they Can make H2 feel like classic H2 instead of vista H2 that would be great

Can you elaborate more on this? In what ways does it differ?

Maybe the will add the 45 playlists (4v4, 2v2, BTB, FFA, Multi Team etc etc for each game) and then give us the option to search in multiple playlists at once like Titanfall 2. Either that or multi-game playlists with filters have to happen if they want this game to have a decent MM experience.

Here is how I would do the playlists:

4v4 for H1, H2, H3, H4

2v2 for H1, H2, H3

BTB for H2, H3

FFA for H2, H3

Team Snipers for H3

Team Hardcore for H2, H3

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd say its arguable that its a contender for worst AAA launch in gaming history.

Campaign wasn't great in the beginning either, co-op was just as buggy/broken as it was in MP, but in general yes it worked better (which isn't saying much).

I don't know if you can even claim Silent Hill was an AAA series. If you were to go by sales metric it doesn't really compete with other AAA games. If you went by budget I'd say its a little more arguable that it was an AAA series, but still falls short.

Silent Hill especially 2-4 were 100% AAA with big budgets and high popularity. Silent Hill 2 sold over a million copies in its first month which back in 2002 was considered pretty successful.

Like seriously PT was one of if not the biggest, most hyped demo ever.

The series spawned two films that made over 100 million dollars, and the first one had a 50 million budget and opened number 1.

Anyway yes I agree MCC is up there, maybe even top 5, but it's not the worst all time. For a flagship series of a console, yeah it's definitely the worst. Microsoft should have treated this with so much care but maybe they saw halo popularity already dipping and stopped giving a shit.