CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

• Sean Cooper from the Halo Custom Edition community has incorporated numerous changes from CE into the Halo 1 build in MCC

When I read this I interpreted CE as combat evolved and not custom edition.

----

We've heard a lot about "out of game" stuff, but have we gotten any details in regards to the actual gameplay within, not like adding firefight or Reach but more like adjusting the Halo 1 aim assist?

And there's the update he was talking about! Damn, I'm over here foaming at the mouth after reading all that. This feels like MCC will be fully functional and supplemented. That Custom Game Browser will be huge. I really hope all of this gets pulled off without a hitch. I'm also very pleased with the depth of communication in the talks about MCC since October. I'm very excited about the thought of all of this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And there's the update he was talking about! Damn, I'm over here foaming at the mouth after reading all that. This feels like MCC will be fully functional and supplemented. That Custom Game Browser will be huge. I really hope all of this gets pulled off without a hitch. I'm also very pleased with the depth of communication in the talks about MCC since October. I'm very excited about the thought of all of this.

I'm getting moist thinking about all-night Tower of Power and FFA Snipes. And Boxing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm going to be tickled pink if the game works in a fully functional state, but I may just die of happiness if it gets ported to PC as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Muah! <3

I'm glad he was wrong this time though what he said wasn't unwarranted

• Upvote (+1) 2

so they got rid of the voting system but no word on being able to choose what game you can play. btb without voting is just as bad as it is now. if h3 isn't forced, people will quit out

edit: nvm boys they said they getting rid of it somewhere else in the blog. we good!

• Upvote (+1) 4

so they got rid of the voting system but no word on being able to choose what game you can play. btb without voting is just as bad as it is now. if h3 isn't forced, people will quit out

They said they plan on removing the multi-game lists and just having single game lists.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 3 crybabies undoubtedly ruined what was left of MCC. I've never seen such a group so determined to play only one Halo and throw tantrums anytime it wasn't picked. Streamers yelling at people who voted H2 in dubs and hardcore saying it was a Halo 3 only playlist. AR starts on standoff getting picked over Halo 2 BR starts. People so angry at other people not liking Halo 3 that they would vote H4 out of spite instead of playing Halo 2. They have a Halo 3 playlist and Halo 3 backwards compatibile, but still ruined every playlist.

We have heard feedback from the community about matchmaking times, voting, and the selection of games in playlists. In the future, we will limit playlists to a single game

• Upvote (+1) 4

We have heard feedback from the community about matchmaking times, voting, and the selection of games in playlists. In the future, we will limit playlists to a single game

yay! I missed that part :p

• Upvote (+1) 1

The project overall is quality driven, not schedule driven.

This is nice to hear, but there will certainly be a limit to this. If something is taking too much time (money) to fix/implement, well...

Hopefully we'll at least get an apology when that happens.

I will say though, the tone of this update is a big improvement over MCC's early days. More openness about the studio structure and their timelines. But how long will this cheerfulness last if MCC caves in on itself a second time? :eyes:

it was interesting to see some things pop up that we hadn’t been previously thinking about about such as a desire to be able to lower the volume of the main menu music

...People have been whining about this for ages. Have they really JUST started taking notes? -_-

Yes, a Custom Game Browser is on the docket for MCC.

In the future, we will limit playlists to a single game

Join-In-Progress? Yes!

*nods approvingly*

He’s already been incorporating numerous changes from Custom Edition into the Halo: CE build in MCC.

I honestly don't know anything about Custom Edition. Any idea on what these "additions" could include?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The playlist thing has me interested, even with a boost in population can they really have that many different playlist for each game? Or am i missing some thing will there just be One playlist for each game? I feel like instead of cross game playlist they will change it to cross game modes like doubles,snipers,btb etc... I don't really like that idea hopefully we get more info on how this will work soon.

We hosting h1/h2 customs 24/7 right? :weback::simms:

If they play "exactly as they shipped", or pretty damn close, I'm in.

BTW, in case all the other news gave any of you temporary blindness, there was once again not a SINGLE mention of in-game fixes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BTW, in case all the other news gave any of you temporary blindness, there was once again not a SINGLE mention of in-game fixes.

This this this. I'm glad that we're finally making progress and having a custom game browser will be huge (let's just hope they actually do it and that it fucking works). But as long as the hundreds of bugs that plague every single game inside this collection are not getting ironed out, all of this will be in vain. Here's to hoping that "we listened" is actually true for once and MCC finally gets the treatment it deserves.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they play "exactly as they shipped", or pretty damn close, I'm in.

This this this. I'm glad that we're finally making progress and having a custom game browser will be huge (let's just hope they actually do it and that it fucking works). But as long as the hundreds of bugs that plague every single game inside this collection are not getting ironed out, all of this will be in vain. Here's to hoping that "we listened" is actually true for once and MCC finally gets the treatment it deserves.

The interview posted last week with one of the Legacy Team members confirmed that they are fixing game-specific bugs, see my post w/quote and analysis: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-2703?do=findComment&comment=1013909

It is still far from clear exactly which bugs they are prioritizing, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone have any idea what netcode/hit registration updates might be coming over from halo Custom edition? I Have no experience playing H1 custom edition.

There is little or no difference from the regular PC edition to the Custom Edition. Having played both extensively back in the day, I am struggling to see what they might be referring to. The big (and I thought only) difference between the two was that the Custom Edition came with a map editor, and thus was moddable.

One possibility is that they are referring not to improvements made in the initial release of the Custom Edition, but improvements that the community has made to hitreg etc using the mod tools. But that doesn't seem too likely, as I would imagine that with access to the source code there are better ways to improve things.

"The Master Chief Collection update project (perhaps we need a cooler official code name?) is moving right along with bugs being resolved regularly and parallel work progressing on things like visual enhancements, UI refresh concepts, flighting planning, and numerous networking improvements to name but a few."

They do say that bugs are being fixed.

They are definitely fixing game specific bugs.  They aren't going to come out and say exactly what bugs are being fixed until they have a finalized scope for X release test.

• Upvote (+1) 2