CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

inb4 they remove button glitches in Halo and Halo 2. 

Lol “Hey guys we fixed BXR and backpack reload. You’re welcome!”

Please stop, this actually isn't funny.  Don't give them bad ideas even if sarcastic, they can't tell the difference anymore.  Trolls put sprint in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anyone feel hit detection is off?

Yes for every game in this collection it is almost unplayable and i have gigabit internet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 1 isn't that far from being decent ATM. I know Halobugs looks bad, but those bugs are pretty damn rare. It definitely sucks when they happen and can cost games, but shouldn't be the main priority.

Just getting the pistol consistent between games, fixing the shot registration, and fixing the melees from not connecting will improve MCC H1 by a lot. Hopefully Halobugs doesn't do more harm than help. There aren't 50 game breaking problems right now, just a solid 3 or 4 that will improve the game 100x more than the other 47 bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo 1 isn't that far from being decent ATM. I know Halobugs looks bad, but those bugs are pretty damn rare. It definitely sucks when they happen and can cost games, but shouldn't be the main priority.

Just getting the pistol consistent between games, fixing the shot registration, and fixing the melees from not connecting will improve MCC H1 by a lot. Hopefully Halobugs doesn't do more harm than help. There aren't 50 game breaking problems right now, just a solid 3 or 4 that will improve the game 100x more than the other 47 bugs.

I think he's aware most people have an issue with the shot registration and pistol being easy especially offhost. The rest of the issues are gravy if fixed.

Exactly. Fix those few things you mentioned and the game becomes amazing. The pistol being too easy, or registration being off or just inconsistent; those two things alone are basically the most critical to the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he's aware most people have an issue with the shot registration and pistol being easy especially offhost. The rest of the issues are gravy if fixed.

nah nah nah nah

THE PLASMA RIFLE/PISTOL STUN HAS TO BE FIXED.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Aside from hit registration, I most want the classic sound effects and HUD restored, even if that meant all the other PC/Anniversary manipulations being left in.

It’d also be neat if not every other shell in the shotgun fired one of those novelty snakes in a can.

• Upvote (+1) 5

nah nah nah nah

THE PLASMA RIFLE/PISTOL STUN HAS TO BE FIXED.

This is directly related to shot registration. And if the pistol isn't as easy to use then the plasma weapons become far more viable.

I talked to kornman00 last night in the Halo 1 Hub discord, and he said he can't divulge any specific details of what he is prioritizing, but he is aware of halobugs.com and is NOT ignoring it.

Quite honestly, them hiring kornman00 is the most positive news to come out about MCC since the game officially dropped. I'm not expecting miracles out of the netcode but I am extremely confident he will fix most issues with Halo 1. People who have spent much less time on the PC version than kornman00 were able to fix all of the bugs that gearbox introduced in a relatively short amount of time except for the netcode and warping (and even the warping has been improved and has some theoretical further fixes already proposed).

For an experienced dedicated coder who actually has access to the source code, I fully believe many of these things are quickly fixable. And perhaps he can even make the pistol and sniper not so easy and maybe he can improve shot reg. Here's hoping.

You need to mark these kinda posts NSFW buddy. Just got a full on stiffy right here in my cube. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

It’d also be neat if not every other shell in the shotgun fired one of those novelty snakes in a can.

Well that is replicating the actual h1 shotgun though

Over on r/Halo, Sketch replied to a comment on MCC saying he has news to share, just waiting on approval to share it. So, hopeful news incoming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Over on r/Halo, Sketch replied to a comment on MCC saying he has news to share, just waiting on approval to share it. So, hopeful news incoming.

Specifically: MZpnH6M.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2

another great fucking read

• custom game browser is happening, will be more "robust" than Halo 5
  • Plans to add JIP to custom games
  • Plenty of plans to change the UI
  • No new achievements, looking into fixing surrounding issues making current achievements annoying to unlock
  • PLANS TO ADD OFFLINE LAN SUPPORT
  • Future MCC updates are planned. 
  • Sean Cooper from the Halo Custom Edition community has incorporated numerous changes from CE into the Halo 1 build in MCC
  • Plans to tweak emblems (huge for Halo 2)
  • No announcement on PC release
  • Upvote (+1) 9

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2

another great fucking read

• custom game browser is happening, will be more "robust" than Halo 5
  • Plans to add JIP to custom games
  • Plenty of plans to change the UI
  • No new achievements, looking into fixing surrounding issues making current achievements annoying to unlock
  • PLANS TO ADD OFFLINE LAN SUPPORT
  • Future MCC updates are planned. 
  • Sean Cooper from the Halo Custom Edition community has incorporated numerous changes from CE into the Halo 1 build in MCC
  • Plans to tweak emblems (huge for Halo 2)
  • No announcement on PC release

when-someone-asks-if-I-was-the-one-who-f

• Upvote (+1) 5