CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

All we have is the words of sketch to go off of. We can assume he isn’t full of shit for the most part. And things should be better this time. Before 343 worked on MCC and halo 5 and then they said fuck MCC let’s just work on h5. Now they created a dedicated team to working on MCC only. Though it’s small they still have the resources to pull it off. And from the info sketch has given the first updates sound nice. I just hope I’m one of the first to be able to play in the preview program, to give it a try. And you know 343 they ain’t giving no progress bar.

Though a UI and game option choices would be great. Too many times where it’s non stop halo 3, and when h3 doesn’t get picked they quit! Pisses me off.

Where's the progress? Where are the updates? Oh we have none? OK.

Halo 6 reveal this year at E3 though right?

All we have is the words of sketch to go off of. We can assume he isn’t full of shit for the most part. And things should be better this time. Before 343 worked on MCC and halo 5 and then they said fuck MCC let’s just work on h5. Now they created a dedicated team to working on MCC only. Though it’s small they still have the resources to pull it off. And from the info sketch has given the first updates sound nice. I just hope I’m one of the first to be able to play in the preview program, to give it a try. And you know 343 they ain’t giving no progress bar.

Though a UI and game option choices would be great. Too many times where it’s non stop halo 3, and when h3 doesn’t get picked they quit! Pisses me off.

also the updates are in March. Tf you talking about?

Sketch is full of what he gets told. He has no direct involvement and has no power to force fixes. Basically whenever we get the update, we could possibly get the "well we tried guys." He's never said "we won't stop until it's fixed" which is bad.

I need a rocket nade on Priz from one of the OS corners. Anybody got one? I know about the one from top of the ramp, but it's a little too exposed for my liking. There's gotta be one from the actual OS.

I need a rocket nade on Priz from one of the OS corners. Anybody got one? I know about the one from top of the ramp, but it's a little too exposed for my liking. There's gotta be one from the actual OS.

I can get you one when I get home. I have a folder on my computer with a bunch of nade screenshots. I have one from the health-side of OS while still being behind cover. You bounce it off the floor and it lands on rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can get you one when I get home. I have a folder on my computer with a bunch of nade screenshots. I have one from the health-side of OS while still being behind cover. You bounce it off the floor and it lands on rockets.

Cool, thanks. Kinda wanna see those screens as well.

Btw, anybody wanna play some customs when the patch drops? Trying to find people.

@@Moa, I'm struggling to get this image on my computer into my post. It's not online anywhere so I don't have a url I can put in the "image" field. Can you help me?

@@Moa, I'm struggling to get this image on my computer into my post. It's not online anywhere so I don't have a url I can put in the "image" field. Can you help me?

just go to imgur.com
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@Landonio, for the timing on this one, throw this nade about 2-3 seconds before the spawn, then backpedal to the OS while chucking nades at the wall directly above the doorway to Red 3. Theres a huge margin for error so don't worry about accuracy. These nades will land next to camo opposite Red 1, and will help you to deny camo until you can get back out with your OS and get line of sight. Obviously don't bother with any of those nades if your teammate can get camo.

https://imgur.com/a/1LrHH

Thanks Riddler. I've barely used that site and I've never uploaded anything to it before. I can make a bigger post in a bit with more screenshots I took from a video McDick sent me a while back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hardway if you want themt o show up on the forums, rightclick the image and "copy image address" then paste it

• Upvote (+1) 2

www.halonades.com

Has 2-3 from OS with pics, videos, and colored lines.

Edit: site is no longer up. Rip

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welcome to casual Halo, where we want to play anything but Halo, on Halo

Should be a tagline.

"Welcome to the Causal Players Halo, where we have everything BUT Halo."

• Upvote (+1) 1

www.halonades.com

Has 2-3 from OS with pics, videos, and colored lines.

Edit: site is no longer up. Rip

FeelsBeardMan

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/travel-time

GRIM: Oh man, hex editing… you’re bringing back ancient memories of me using the GameShark to edit the hex code in the Gran Turismo series to swap parts and make crazy combination cars that went way faster than the game ever meant them to.

SEAN: Nice! So, you can appreciate how this was basically the spark of life to my interest in reverse engineering Halo. While people were on Halo.Bungie.Org trying to dissect parts of the story [guilty as charged – Grim], I was poking at game data and eventually disassembly game code. HaloPC, Halo 2 Xbox, Halo 3, etc. I’ve looked at them all under the hood.

I realize few people here are from the modding community, but just a cool little fact; kornman00 is on 343's internal MCC team. Historically, he's probably one of the greatest modders to ever grace Halo; he helped create Open Sauce (which is how SPV3 can have fancy textures and engine upgrades), KSoft (can edit Halo Wars maps and also edit H:R, H4 gametype scripting), and has upgraded every official PC development tool for Halo games (Guerrilla, Sapien, tool).

• Upvote (+1) 7

My main focus right now is on Halo: CE and Halo 2 in MCC. Whether it is fixing bugs (not all introduced in MCC, mind you!)

...seeing as I’m a Halo fan and a Halo engine connoisseur, I guess I’d ask to get to mess with the classic Halo games. Oh wait, I am! And I’m paid to do it.

I’m also free to look into issues that I care about, so I’m not just some cog in a machine that only moves in one direction.

So I’ve seen the desires for things about MCC, and for a lot of them all I can say is….we’ll make it ;).

Probably doesn't mean what I hope it means, but it's something.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The Team Hardcore playlist is so scrubby now. You would think the people in the Hardcore playlist would have some actual nuts among themselves to play but the amount of dodging in this playlist is absolutely horrendous. 

All of the Halo 3 players that think they run that playlist are a bunch of babies. I literally play MCC once every other month or so and EVERY single time these guys get Halo 2, they instantly quit; they may stay every once in a blue moon but once they get rolled in 3 minutes -- instant quit and every time we match them afterwards, they just quit the build instantly.

Yet, every time we actually match them in Halo 3 on their little 49s and 50s, they get rolled anyway... So what's the point of dodging? I can understand the randoms, but when teams of 4 do it, it makes you wonder why people are scared to play a video game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't really see why the reception to this interview is so lukewarm in this thread. To me it's an uplifting read - particualrly this paragraph:

Let's analyze this paragraph:: (1) they are in fact working on game-specific patches (H1 and H2 mentioned explicitly), (2) they are not looking at MCC-introduced bugs only, which should mean that also bugs introduced in the PC ports are being looked at, and (3) there is at least one person fully dedicated to MCC bugfixing that is also a long-time community member with a talent to make old code work magic.

What is there not to like?

Much like you, I really liked the sound of things said in that interview. One of the big complaints I remember when MCC launched was that the PC ports weren't akin to their console counterparts (the whole, play the games like you remember quote). So, I'm chomping at the bit to get a look at some patch notes/fixes and more news on when the testing will start.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy to hear that H1 and H2 are getting the special treatment. Now just need the release window of the update and confirmation that the game will be included in Xbox game pass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably doesn't mean what I hope it means, but it's something.

Fuck getting my hopes up on this... Hope I don't get crushed again.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

inb4 they remove button glitches in Halo and Halo 2.

Lol “Hey guys we fixed BXR and backpack reload. You’re welcome!”

• Upvote (+1) 3