CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Well they said that was a big ticket item and that they had a list from the public that was informing their bug list.

Also if they actually make it dedicated servers that is a HUGE improvement over getting host fucked on CE constantly..

But I'll believe that it's dedis when I see it. They've made this promise before. Also their excuse was fucking laughable. It would "fall back on" p2p "sometimes" if a dedi wasn't available? I sincerely doubt any matches I played in the last two years were not p2p.

But if we don't get host fucked how will players from outside the US that live in 3rd world countries be able to get more than 10 total team kills?  Such an upgrade would result in some rather tasty and delicious tears from these players who hide behind host advantage and feel good that they got 30 total team kills against US players.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You get zoom when you host a custom, and only 1 person gets zoom in MM. Sometimes I notice host disadvantage in MM before I even notice zoom sound or not. Then I check and obviously have zoom sound.

It's never easier to shoot when you have zoom sounds in MM. Leading us to believe that person is given a host disadvantage built in game. But they can quit without the game ending. So they either have host without being a true host or their are dedis sometimes already.

Host/non host makes a very small difference in MM. It's never outright lost me a game.

Well there's definitely a difference in MM when playing against players that are closer to you than players that are across the world.  Sometimes when playing against players outside of the states, my shots register just fine.  Other times, the opponent just eats bullets, and can 3 shot me like its nothing.  Then there are certain players in the US that always eat bullets, and other players that live in the same state that shots register just fine.  There is no consistency, and it may be due to players logging in with multiple usernames or streaming while playing.  Whatever they are doing it's just laughable for bullet sponges to actually lose in this game due to being out of position or having predicable movements despite having hit registration advantage.     343 can't fix any of this.  The managers of that company are not talented enough to empower the programmers enough to let them pull it off.

Man I was playing with my friends today, and it was just so fun. We played every halo on MCC. I searched halo 4 to let them vizualize the travesty. Games mostly worked, only had issues with 1 desync in party, and a slight delay after backing out. They wouldn't show in my roster for a bit.

Well there's definitely a difference in MM when playing against players that are closer to you than players that are across the world. Sometimes when playing against players outside of the states, my shots register just fine. Other times, the opponent just eats bullets, and can 3 shot me like its nothing. Then there are certain players in the US that always eat bullets, and other players that live in the same state that shots register just fine. There is no consistency, and it may be due to players logging in with multiple usernames or streaming while playing. Whatever they are doing it's just laughable for bullet sponges to actually lose in this game due to being out of position or having predicable movements despite having hit registration advantage. dank343 can't fix any of this. The managers of that company are not talented enough to empower the programmers enough to let them pull it off.

Signing multiple accounts in does absolutely nothing except make you load in late. I love when people try it though. They spawn 20 seconds after the game starts and their timer is fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I played at least a game or two in the 4v4 CE playlist until the day it was removed. It was just pure fun, although I kind of felt like a dickhead against people who pretty clearly had little to no experience on CE. Especially while running a timer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't seen a quote pyramid for many years, had to contribute

Kenya not?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think I played at least a game or two in the 4v4 CE playlist until the day it was removed. It was just pure fun, although I kind of felt like a dickhead against people who pretty clearly had little to no experience on CE. Especially while running a timer.

I don't know what you're talking about. 

xboxdvr.com/BigShow36/233f2b52-0da5-4943-87fc-88680b958ce5/

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BigShow36/video/12371967

• Upvote (+1) 1

Signing multiple accounts in does absolutely nothing except make you load in late. I love when people try it though. They spawn 20 seconds after the game starts and their timer is fucked.

So is that what causes people to load in late?  One time I had like 10 kills and then my random pard shows up in game.  He was based out of Switzerland so maybe that had something to do with it.  

I just want THE FUCKING 4v4 ce playlist THAT THEY REMOVED FOR NO REASON BACK

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can’t reveal much about my sources, but I can assure you this is a good thing this time.

Honestly didn't we get BETTER updates when they were using contractors before? It's been a while so maybe my memory is hazy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That seemed to be the case, Vinny. I guess the explanation could be that all of the internal MCC team was repurposed to focus on Halo 5.

Still: experienced internal developers > external developers.

(Which is reason to have some faith in this new effort by 343i imho.)

Also, they seem to be starting in the right end: fix the things that entail refactoring large parts of the code base. Fixes that are simply very difficult to develop, test, and release in an "live" environment. Then, when the core parts of the code are refactored and fairly stable, it would make sense to start working in more isolated and "minor" issues, such as the game-specific issue (think the http://halobugs.com buglist). Hopefully that is also the 343 Legacy Team's plan.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So is that what causes people to load in late? One time I had like 10 kills and then my random pard shows up in game. He was based out of Switzerland so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yeah, loading in late means you have multiple accounts signed in. But the rumor was you had to have 10+ accounts signed in too make you hard to hit. So someone can accidentally have 2 accounts signed in and load late.

My buddy and I played a 3 game series against two guys from Colombia last night and had excellent games. They tanked a little bit but they certainly knew how to play. Would have been a great series on LAN. Both of their gamertags started with M and they were like lvl 27 and 24 I think.

I've always been curious about Colombia's relationship with Halo. You never see any other Latin American countries playing, other than Mexico sometimes. Why Colombia and only Colombia?

• Upvote (+1) 2

My buddy and I played a 3 game series against two guys from Colombia last night and had excellent games. They tanked a little bit but they certainly knew how to play. Would have been a great series on LAN. Both of their gamertags started with M and they were like lvl 27 and 24 I think.

I've always been curious about Colombia's relationship with Halo. You never see any other Latin American countries playing, other than Mexico sometimes. Why Colombia and only Colombia?

Dude, Brazil has literally taken over halo PC. It's all rockets, shotguns and no shields.

Not a Latin country but it's close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Colombia's been all over XBC/XLink for like 10 years. It's odd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want a 4v4 ce playlist.

Most definitely queue me up on this list.  No clue why the removed this, I found games in this playlist just fine.