CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Now i wonder what Requirements you have to meet to be in the first ring of testers. I am usually in the first ring for everything in the insider program, hopefully it is the same thing for this.

they basically only mentioned MM improvement. Feelsbadman

At least i can actually play btb with a party... maybe

My wishlist for this update:

• Dedicated servers (as mentioned -- literally just got done playing a game where grenades come out 3 seconds later)
  • Join in progress custom games
  • Some type of audio slider or something to remove the menu music - Make the music as obnoxious as you want, just give me the option to turn this shit off
  • SPLIT HARDCORE BACK INTO TWO SEPARATE PLAYLIST -- or better yet, put the hardcore gametypes as the first slot in each respective playlist. I don't care how much the game is under-populated (hence, my idea for simply putting them into the respective game's playlist). Halo 3 and Halo 2 hardcore settings do not belong in the same playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

My wishlist for this update:

• Dedicated servers (as mentioned -- literally just got done playing a game where grenades come out 3 seconds later)
  • Join in progress custom games
  • Some type of audio slider or something to remove the menu music - Make the music as obnoxious as you want, just give me the option to turn this shit off
  • SPLIT HARDCORE BACK INTO TWO SEPARATE PLAYLIST -- or better yet, put the hardcore gametypes as the first slot in each respective playlist. I don't care how much the game is under-populated (hence, my idea for simply putting them into the respective game's playlist). Halo 3 and Halo 2 hardcore settings do not belong in the same playlist.

Having basic search preferences seem like a much better idea than splitting playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they basically only mentioned MM improvement. Feelsbadman

At least i can actually play btb with a party... maybe

Well they said that was a big ticket item and that they had a list from the public that was informing their bug list.

Also if they actually make it dedicated servers that is a HUGE improvement over getting host fucked on CE constantly..

But I'll believe that it's dedis when I see it. They've made this promise before. Also their excuse was fucking laughable. It would "fall back on" p2p "sometimes" if a dedi wasn't available? I sincerely doubt any matches I played in the last two years were not p2p.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well they said that was a big ticket item and that they had a list from the public that was informing their bug list.

Also if they actually make it dedicated servers that is a HUGE improvement over getting host fucked on CE constantly..

But I'll believe that it's dedis when I see it. They've made this promise before. Also their excuse was fucking laughable. It would "fall back on" p2p "sometimes" if a dedi wasn't available? I sincerely doubt any matches I played in the last two years were not p2p.

Host in matchmaking is a really small difference from non host. I play a lot of H1 on MCC and don't even bother to check if I'm host or ever remember to check because the difference is so small.

Now, custom games on the other hand is a BIG difference. No one plays competitive customs right now because host is such a disadvantage. We just sync in matchmaking.

So dedicated servers will make very little difference unless customs get dedicated servers. And for the record, if you host in customs you are the only person with zoom in sounds. In matchmaking, ONE person has the zoom in sound and encounters the same disadvantages a custom host gets, but way less severe. But, when a matchmaking "host" quits a game, sometimes the match ends but sometimes it doesn't.

So with all that being said, we think you can get "host" without being host, or some games are dedicated servers. So one person getting "host" is coded into the game either way. Dedi servers wont fix this. Host disadvantage needs to be directly addressed and fixed deep in the code, flipping a dedi switch on isn't enough unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only reason I'd pre-order Halo 6 is to refund it right after launch so they think they made a sale but didn't muhahaha!

just do the game pass trial and cancel before the trial is up

Host in matchmaking is a really small difference from non host. I play a lot of H1 on MCC and don't even bother to check if I'm host or ever remember to check because the difference is so small.

Now, custom games on the other hand is a BIG difference. No one plays competitive customs right now because host is such a disadvantage. We just sync in matchmaking.

So dedicated servers will make very little difference unless customs get dedicated servers. And for the record, if you host in customs you are the only person with zoom in sounds. In matchmaking, ONE person has the zoom in sound and encounters the same disadvantages a custom host gets, but way less severe. But, when a matchmaking "host" quits a game, sometimes the match ends but sometimes it doesn't.

So with all that being said, we think you can get "host" without being host, or some games are dedicated servers. So one person getting "host" is coded into the game either way. Dedi servers wont fix this. Host disadvantage needs to be directly addressed and fixed deep in the code, flipping a dedi switch on isn't enough unfortunately.

I disagree with this, but it's entirely subjective really. It's definitely easier to compare information in customs though, you sure that's not biasing your viewpoint?

Also I thought the scope sound thing was debunked? Is there any proof?

Hopefully they can get h1 and h2 fixed up. Hopefully the servers arent shit like h5s either.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I disagree with this, but it's entirely subjective really. It's definitely easier to compare information in customs though, you sure that's not biasing your viewpoint?

Also I thought the scope sound thing was debunked? Is there any proof?

You get zoom when you host a custom, and only 1 person gets zoom in MM. Sometimes I notice host disadvantage in MM before I even notice zoom sound or not. Then I check and obviously have zoom sound.

It's never easier to shoot when you have zoom sounds in MM. Leading us to believe that person is given a host disadvantage built in game. But they can quit without the game ending. So they either have host without being a true host or their are dedis sometimes already.

Host/non host makes a very small difference in MM. It's never outright lost me a game.

To help us achieve these goals, we’ve tapped some external support to partner with us through this project.

GHrifsV.png

I can’t reveal much about my sources, but I can assure you this is a good thing this time.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You get zoom when you host a custom, and only 1 person gets zoom in MM. Sometimes I notice host disadvantage in MM before I even notice zoom sound or not. Then I check and obviously have zoom sound.

It's never easier to shoot when you have zoom sounds in MM. Leading us to believe that person is given a host disadvantage built in game. But they can quit without the game ending. So they either have host without being a true host or their are dedis sometimes already.

Host/non host makes a very small difference in MM. It's never outright lost me a game.

Unless you are playing the exact same people repeatedly on the same maps and the host is swapping between you and them and you notice whoever has host is getting outshot (or not) significantly every single time, then that's probably really difficult to determine I'd say. Like are you saying you're in a party with them and the other person is telling you that they're specifically host?

It's easier to determine in customs because you can keep playing over and over and swap the host around and observe the results with a large sample size.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless you are playing the exact same people repeatedly on the same maps and the host is swapping between you and them and you notice whoever has host is getting outshot (or not) significantly every single time, then that's probably really difficult to determine I'd say. Like are you saying you're in a party with them and the other person is telling you that they're specifically host?

It's easier to determine in customs because you can keep playing over and over and swap the host around and observe the results with a large sample size.

We have never sat down and written results on paper. We don't care that much. It would be good for 343 to do though to help determine problems, I agree. That would require you to slow down a recording of the match though frame by frame to see where shots should have hit or should have missed and multiply that by 4 people. A study like that would take hours and hours for 1 game.

However, I have synced games in matchmaking with a lobby of people with 5k+ games each for hours on end. We join the same party chat after each game to sync again, and we used to see who had "host". I have never seen, heard, or experienced two people having zoom sounds. From what we observed in a lobby with 20,000+ games is "host" gives a disadvantage in MM, but it's small. The same thing happens in customs, but the host disadvantage is greater.

• Upvote (+1) 3

THIS

One thing I sincerely hope they fix is joining custom games in progress. Its the main thing I hate about the game because one of my favorite pastimes in H2 was just playing H2 FFA with unlimited time limit and then keeping the max party size on 8. I had like 60 people on at all times plus my clan, and they all knew they could just keep filtering in and out to get BR and FFA practice at any time in my lobbies.

Would actually motivate to get on to keep FFA lobbies going instead of having to constantly stop and start since there's always someone who leaves or goes AFK 5 minutes in. Never fails lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can’t reveal much about my sources, but I can assure you this is a good thing this time.

Multi?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a 4v4 ce playlist.

in my dreams this is what happens.

They make a public video

Bonnie starts off the interview "We know many people are displeased with the way MCC was handled. We acknowledge this and are doing our best to fix it. The first thing we are going to do to improve the master chief collection is to fix every single bug on https://www.halobugs.com one by one until they are all patched and working as intended."

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2X confirmed on MCC??!?!??!?!?!!

• Upvote (+1) 1