*also on Nintendo Switch

> keyboard is the superior input

*load my favorite game Hollow Knight*

"Warning! a controller is recommended to play this game"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

PC is not better than console.

Console is not better than PC.

It's all about the preference of the individual. I fail to see how anybody can't concede this point unless you're just being difficult on purpose.

I can run my games at 1440p+ @ 144+Hz w/ gsync on my PC. PC gaming is objectively better. Like the act of actually playing is better, not even talking about the control scheme, options, or whatever. My games have literally higher detail visuals and richer sound than anything I'd get on console.

Are consoles easier? Sure, but one is definitely better than the other.

• Upvote (+1) 3

> keyboard is the superior input

*load my favorite game Hollow Knight*

"Warning! a controller is recommended to play this game"

EXACTLY!

You just made a great point! QuietMan here can play Hollow Knight with an Xbox 360 controller, an Xbone One controller, a Dualshock 4 controller, a fucking flight stick, a fucking Dance Dance Revolution pad, and a goddamn keyboard and mouse if he fucking chooses to! What a concept.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What other long time console series have forums where people spend more time posting about PC being superior than actually play the game.

Is CoD like that? Smash? I don't go on any forums for those games but wonder if it's as common as here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What other long time console series have forums where people spend more time posting about PC being superior than actually play the game.

Is CoD like that? Smash? I don't go on any forums for those games but wonder if it's as common as here.

When 343 actually does something Halo related be sure to let us all know.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I watched a halo ce vod linked by ramirez77, and in the recommended vids clicked another. I watched it and was like, damn there's not many pistol kills in this. I only had to go 2 halo vids in to find a good example. 

-snip-

The pistol was still the majority of the kills (38%), but I would be damn near impressed if anyone could find me just 1 game of mlg halo2, halo3, or halo reach where the BR/dmr weren't 40% or more of the kills in a 50 kill slayer game. I'll buy you beyond premium if you do. 

I'll take my premium account now :)

And Legion has a bunch of videos where it's ranked matchmaking instead of MLG, but still, tons of kills with different weapons:

When 343 actually does something Halo related be sure to let us all know.

From what I hear, halo 2 vista is in a pretty good spot compared to MCC. Same goes for playing halo CE on xlan, or using stunt mans servers on PC.

Plenty of options from what I can tell.

Or I can just keep you updated on the various large scale CE LANs you can attend.

And if I need to know what the current cost of gpu is I'll just make sure I refresh this page.

• Upvote (+1) 6

*also on Nintendo Switch

*not yet  **

edit:

Lot of people bitch that PC get's delayed triple A game releases.  

Yet on the other hand, a lot of the indie games that en up on consoles were early access games on PC long before they ever hit a console.  

I'd also wait any day to play any triple A game on PC because a good port will always be way more enjoyable on PC. Take for instance FFXV. I started it on Xbox and then I found out it was coming to PC. I did not even bother finish it because I would rather play it on PC with superior visuals and refresh rate. It is not even funny how much better it will be. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll take my premium account now :)

And Legion has a bunch of videos where it's ranked matchmaking instead of MLG, but still, tons of kills with different weapons:

I think it went without saying that I meant serious games lol. You could style on your opponent and get all 50 kills with the AR if you wanted in any halo game. 

Though i didn't really think about it at the time, it would be pretty hard to disprove since you'd have to go to the carnage report after the game / have all povs unless it was early bracket at an mlg event where you played splitscreen still. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EXACTLY!

You just made a great point! QuietMan here can play Hollow Knight with an Xbox 360 controller, an Xbone One controller, a Dualshock 4 controller, a fucking flight stick, a fucking Dance Dance Revolution pad, and a goddamn keyboard and mouse if he fucking chooses to! What a concept.

I might speed run Hollow Knight in perma death mode using a flight stick now. Just because I can. 

I can run my games at 1440p+ @ 144+Hz w/ gsync on my PC. PC gaming is objectively better. Like the act of actually playing is better, not even talking about the control scheme, options, or whatever. My games have literally higher detail visuals and richer sound than anything I'd get on console.

Are consoles easier? Sure, but one is definitely better than the other.

Welll... No.

What makes something "better" depends on the priorities of the individual playing it.  Are the graphics objectively better on PC? Certainly.  Is a mouse objectively more accurate than a controller? of course.  But in order for PC gaming to be a better experience, those are the things that the individual user would need to prioritize which not everybody does.  So no, in totality, PC gaming is not "objectively better" than console gaming.

• Downvote (-1) 2

What makes something "better" depends on the priorities of the individual 

I'd argue, that it actually is based on a consensus from the larger population. Maybe there are a few dumb twits out there that prefer low res 30 FPS gaming, but the larger population consensus prefers higher res and faster refresh rate because it is a physically better experience.  If you argue it isn't you are either ignorant or a troll. 

The personal priorities of an individual do not change the objective quality of a product. LOL. They just say something about that person's standards. Simple enough. The objective quality of PC is undeniably better than console. Console people always get so sensitive about it because they don't like being told they have low standards. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure the human eye can't see anything above 24 FPS so have fun wasting money and power for something you literally cannot notice lmoa

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd argue, that it actually is based on a consensus from the larger population. Maybe there are a few dumb twits out there that prefer low res 30 FPS gaming, but the larger population consensus prefers higher res and faster refresh rate because it is a physically better experience.  If you argue it isn't you are either ignorant or a troll. 

The personal priorities of an individual do not change the objective quality of a product. LOL. They just say something about that person's standards. Simple enough. The objective quality of PC is undeniably better than console. Console people always get so sensitive about it because they don't like being told they have low standards. 

I conceded that fact already.... its objectively a fact that the QUALITY of the game on PC can be better.  But that is only one consideration and the "can be" part is important too.  for a lot of people, a console will perform better than their PC. The vast majority of people have integrated graphics or old-ass hardware that is in fact worse than consoles.  Upgrading is either too intimidating, over their head, too expensive, or they just don't put a lot of stock in performance and looks.  Which yes, is a legitimate PoV to have.  I agree that PoV is unfortunate, but its not illegitimate.

You're looking at it in a vacuum based solely on performance but there are a ton of other variables as to why someone would prefer one platform over another, making it a personal decision.  Personally, i prefer the performance and customizability of even my mid-range PC but usually prefer to play games on my consoles because of the convenience, comfort and ease of playing games with my wife.  I like them both, and which one i like better can actually change day to day.

This idea that people choosing console over PC is somehow wrong is kind of ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure the human eye can't ser anything above 24 FPS so have fun wasting money and power for something you literally cannot notice lmoa

dont drag me into this please

• Upvote (+1) 4

KNOCK KNOCK:

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior PC Master RACE? No? Ok we will come back tomorrow than.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's been easier making friends on console. That's why I play it still.

Pretty sure the human eye can't ser anything above 24 FPS so have fun wasting money and power for something you literally cannot notice lmoa

LOL.  You obviously have not played 60 vs 120.  Enjoy your ignorance. Night and day difference. 

edit:  I think you may have been trolling and it went right over my head and I was successfully triggered. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's been easier making friends on console. That's why I play it still.

I find that nowadays no one uses their mic on consoles. Similar story on PC, but at least there are endless Discord channels I could join and find people to play with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I find that nowadays no one uses their mic on consoles. Similar story on PC, but at least there are endless Discord channels I could join and find people to play with.

And you can still type into the game chat as well.  Not much but you can at least coordinate a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This idea that people choosing console over PC is somehow wrong is kind of ridiculous.

That's not my argument. In fact I have argued on these forums numerous times with Arg in defense of people having legitimate reasons for preferring console.  I get it.  Cheap, casual, easy, living room friendly, family friendly, yada yada. 

That's not the point. This all started because some troll was trying to claim the PC game library is worse which is a joke and when that failed it turned into "well PC is not really better for some people." My point is if they were given the opportunity to play what ever game they could think of on a PC, it would more often than not be a much better experience than on console.

Just like a Tesla is better than a Prius. If you had the money, which would you choose?  I'd pick the Tesla every day of the week without thinking twice.  If I am going to spend money, I am going to go a little extra and get my value's worth. I've never heard someone say a Prius is better than a Tesla.  Is it cheaper?  Sure.  Does that make it better? No. Not to the general consensus based on averaging desirable qualities. 

That's not my argument. In fact I have argued on these forums numerous times with Arg in defense of people having legitimate reasons for preferring console.  I get it.  Cheap, casual, easy, living room friendly, family friendly, yada yada. 

That's not the point. This all started because some troll was trying to claim the PC game library is worse which is a joke and when that failed it turned into "well PC is not really better for some people." My point is if they were given the opportunity to play what ever game they could think of on a PC, it would more often than not be a much better experience than on console.

Just like a Tesla is better than a Prius. If you had the money, which would you choose?  I'd pick the Tesla every day of the week without thinking twice.  If I am going to spend money, I am going to go a little extra and get my value's worth. I've never heard someone say a Prius is better than a Tesla.  Is it cheaper?  Sure.  Does that make it better? No. Not to the general consensus based on averaging desirable qualities. 

Ok i hear you.  I guess i'm arguing semantics.

I honestly repressed the fact that this spawned from the "PC game library is worse than console" argument because that's one of the dumbest/most ignorant things i have ever read here.  Its like the Lewis Black joke about "if it weren't for my horse, i wouldn't have spent that year in college".  Don't think about it too much or you'll get an aneurysm.

• Upvote (+1) 1