Jumping was strongest

Holding an obj + jumping melee = 1hk

• Upvote (+1) 5

Moving backwards was weakest

Standing still

Moving forward

Jumping was strongest

Holding an obj + jumping melee = 1hk

Does Halo 1 not have the same system minus the objective part?

Does Halo 1 not have the same system minus the objective part?

pretty much. not sure if moving backwards is weaker than standing still. Jumping melee in ce is stronger though basically insignificant unless we're talking pp bullets (I believe). Falling melees are pretty strong. like top pr on chilly to bottom floor will be stronger than forward melee. 

and just to be clear, you need to be falling in both h2 and ce for jump melees though for h2 you only need to be past the apex of your jump IIRC

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just giving a shout out to 343 for dividing the H3 population and pretty much killing both games

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's going to be a news post later this week with more information. Frankie has made a couple of posts on GAF re: MCC.

The two more important ones:

Sadly unless someone from here who understands exactly what issues need to be fixed in H1 doesn't go to their studio and hold Frankie's hand through the entire process and establish his accountability and deadlines, the end result is going to be unacceptable.  We've already established that 343 has no clue how to do anything h1 related without insight and proper direction from someone in the community.  Unless I see mention of Frankie bringing on a consultant like insidi0us and properly compensating him for providing proper direction to them, then their efforts are meaningless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just giving a shout out to 343 for diving the H3 population and pretty much killing both games

Seems like a really weird move to get BC going and announcing that MCC will get worked on next year. Remember when we got CEA without CE multiplayer because they didn't want to split the community?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seems like a really weird move to get BC going and announcing that MCC will get worked on next year. Remember when we got CEA without CE multiplayer because they didn't want to split the community?

They just want to give you choice. Hard to pass up a working MCC with 60fps on all titles. I imagine most people will be on that. But I wish they'd commit to one or the other. I'll be on the MCC. Do you guys think they will reset ranks?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw someone on Reddit asking 343 to add reach to mcc, lmao.How about we wait for them to possibly fix mcc before asking them to add another halo that would just break mcc more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Saw someone on Reddit asking 343 to add reach to mcc, lmao.How about we wait for them to possibly fix mcc before asking them to add another halo that would just break mcc more.

People have been asking for that since ODST was added. It's so dumb and backwards. The game is already a broken mess of 6 games, do you really want to add a 7th? All this would do is make  matchmaking even more of a headache and add another 25 bugs to the UI. I mean we'll probably get Reach Remaster in 2020 anyways so what's the point?

For many people on r/Halo, Reach is their favorite Halo game and thus they ask for new ports and ways to play it without considering the time, resources, and cost it would take to fulfill their requests.  It's pretty gross. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For many people on r/Halo, Reach is their favorite Halo game and thus they ask for new ports and ways to play it without considering the time, resources, and cost it would take to fulfill their requests. It's pretty gross.

Nah dude it's easy.

Open the notepad doc where Halo Reach is saved

Ctrl A

Ctrl C

Ctrl V into MCC doc

Done and done. For frame rate =30 just change it to 60 and you should be good to go.

For 4k just plug it into a 4k tv

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CoD is getting MCC'd so hard right now

You cannot begin to compare it to MCC until its alteast 4+ months out after release and the multiplayer is still a bag of smashed buttholes after multiple "FIX" patches.

Still pisses me off, only reason I bought an Xbox One was for MCC, and it was a rushed steaming pile of poo to push Xbox One sales for the holiday season of 2014, Now the Xbox One X is releasing and Microsoft needs more games to drive sales for it, so what do you know old Bonnie Ross & Frankie come out of the woodwork to pledge fixes for a 3 YEAR OLD GAME, holeeee fuK... and in typical 343 fashion: "Soon, Spring 2018". But I'm an addict so I'll let them get my hopes up  :stern:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nah dude it's easy.

Ctrl A

Ctrl C

Ctrl V into MCC doc

Done and done. For frame rate =30 just change it to 60 and you should be good to go.

It’s so weird that I can open different programs from this same windows desktop.

Nah dude it's easy.

Ctrl A

Ctrl C

Ctrl V into MCC doc

Yeah wow clearly you know nothing about programming or porting.  :angry:  343 has already taught the MCC how to port games by itself, so the tedious task you just described has already been automated. Here's a snippet from its internal scripting engine just for proof:

(global long reachbday 25374853)

(script static "flawlesshalotitle" reach10year
 (port("x360", "reach", 60 , 4096, "mcc", "x1"))
)

(script startup MCCmainloop
 (if (> date reachbday) (reach10year))
)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't want Reach added to MCC. I do want it in 60fps and 1080p though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343's best move would have been to stay quiet until the second after they release a viable fix for MCC because as evident by their history of silence thus far and interactions with the competitive old-school Halo community, Frankie has more hair on his head than they all have fucks to give about us. Don't give their word any regard until the game is functional and not a second sooner. I can't believe that some of you already forgot the day they took our money and bailed without draining our balls, then never answered our phone calls. This is nowhere close to a proper apology.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343's best move would have been to stay quiet until the second after they release a viable fix for MCC because as evident by their history of silence thus far and interactions with the competitive old-school Halo community, Frankie has more hair on his head than they all have fucks to give about us. Don't give their word any regard until the game is functional and not a second sooner. I can't believe that some of you already forgot the day they took our money and bailed without draining our balls, then never answered our phone calls. This is nowhere close to a proper apology.

I love replies like this. "I can believe that some of you already forgot...."

Bullshit man.  Nobody "forgot" anything.  Forgive me for not being a spiteful dick about it and have hope for the future of the game.

I have a minimal level of confidence that MCC will get corrected to my satisfaction.  But i have a good degree of confidence that it will be significantly better than it is now.

Why?  Because even mentioning MCC at this point is risky AF.  They wouldn't even bring it up if they didn't already have decent progress on the current project.

Being spiteful may feel good temporarily, but it doesn't actually accomplish anything. ever.  being grateful for something =/= forgetting about the past or letting it slide.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bullshit man.  Nobody "forgot" anything.  Forgive me for not being a spiteful dick about it and have hope for the future of the game.

I have a minimal level of confidence that MCC will get corrected to my satisfaction.  But i have a good degree of confidence that it will be significantly better than it is now.

Why?  Because even mentioning MCC at this point is risky AF.  They wouldn't even bring it up if they didn't already have decent progress on the current project.

Being spiteful may feel good temporarily, but it doesn't actually accomplish anything. ever.  being grateful for something =/= forgetting about the past or letting it slide.

Sure, man. And you were totally right to "wait and see" about that H5 balance update. Oh, wait, no. It's complete garbage, as usual. But we shouldn't be spiteful. It's not like this company has a long, consistent history or anything. /s

You consistently refuse to take a hard stance against anything and seem to be under the impression that habitual fence-sitting is the behavior of a mature, measured intellectual. I'm afraid not. It's just cowardly. People have every reason to be "spiteful" towards the figureheads at 343 specifically and absolutely no reason whatsoever to have anything resembling optimism. And why would anyone in their right mind be "grateful" for a company finally promising to deliver the product they sold 3 years ago? Good God does this spineless shit get old.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sure, man. And you were totally right to "wait and see" about that H5 balance update. Oh, wait, no. It's complete garbage, as usual. But we shouldn't be spiteful. It's not like this company has a long, consistent history or anything. /s

You consistently refuse to take a hard stance against anything and seem to be under the impression that habitual fence-sitting is the behavior of a mature, measured intellectual. I'm afraid not. It's just cowardly. People have every reason to be "spiteful" towards the figureheads at 343 specifically and absolutely no reason whatsoever to have anything resembling optimism. And why would anyone in their right mind be "grateful" for a company finally promising to deliver the product they sold 3 years ago? Good God does this spineless shit get old.

TIL: Not being a negative twat 100% of the time = spineless fence sitting.

Good to know.  I shall post all my future responses in a way that you find acceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not like they made a TV commercial your youtube advertisement, they posted on an internet forum where <1% of their demographic will see their message. That isn't worth being grateful of. Nothing tangible has been done. Have some self awareness and try putting everything into context. It adds up to a fat zero.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not like they made a TV commercial your youtube advertisement, they posted on an internet forum where <1% of their demographic will see their message. That isn't worth being grateful of. Nothing tangible has been done. Have some self awareness and try putting everything into context. It adds up to a fat zero.

....That was then published by every major online gaming news outlet the next day.  Do you seriously think that they thought, "well nobody is going to see this anyway so we can say whatever we want?"

Its pretty clear that i am the one putting this announcement into context....  It adds up to a little bit.  I'm not jumping for joy over here or putting the cart before the horse.  But i am hopeful that MCC will be fixed, grateful that they decided to actually have a discussion about it (fucking finally) while being skeptical of what the ultimate outcome will be.  NONE of that is unreasonable and you and Arg's insistence that having a measured and varied response instead of pure pessimism is somehow bad is mind blowing.  But this is the internet, so idk why i'm surprised (or even replying).

• Upvote (+1) 4