FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Funny story. My Halo 2 Final mod is live on Project Cartographer. I left the project a while ago, so I didn't know it was public. Features include

Complete Weapon Rebalancing:

- 3sk BR

- Faster BR rate of fire

- Reduced bullet mag across all weapons

- No dual weilding

- Plasma rifle stun

- Many misc changes to balancing to add more niche to weapon choice

Gameplay Changes:

- Frags behave like h1 frags

- Quick Camo

- Static Weapom Spawns

- No Melee Lunge

- No spawn invincibility

- Static player Spawns (needs some adjusting)

I'm pretty proud of it, despite abandoning it. I'm going to get windows 10 again, so I will probably pick it up again.

Sounds pretty awesome. Now we just need you to hack 343's servers and upload this code to replace Halo 5's code.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeh, from an objective standpoint I have to agree with you there on lockout, everyone knows that at some point the map just becomes one big stand off between BR and snipe tower with the best possible situation being that the team over at BR tower can 'steal' snipe. I suppose oddball mitigates the problem of that map to an extent but yeh it's definitely one of those things where as time goes on and the maps get, generally speaking, progressively worse (along with the games imo) that we look back to something like lockout or sanc as sacred gems regardless of their flaws because what came after in later games was just really that much worse.

That being said I do still enjoy those maps a lot. I guess I just have a soft spot for Halo 2 :p

in my eyes ReAch did sanctuary justice by having a more improved spawn system. In halo 2 if you had your team around p street or hut it was easy to spawn kill the enemy team into rocks and flag constantly. But ReAch improved that system to make it so it depended where you died so you’d still spawn hut and if you weren’t paying attention you might get back smacked by a spawner.

Apparently people are able to play Crimson Skies on the Xbox One over Xlink Kai. @@Hootspa

I don't have the disc but I hope this is something that becomes popular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently people are able to play Crimson Skies on the Xbox One over Xlink Kai. @@Hootspa

I don't have the disc but I hope this is something that becomes popular.

Never heard of that game. Is it good?

Also, I remember around a year ago, there was a big post on reddit about someone reverse engineering the original xbox live services. If that ever gets finished, that should also work with any backwards compat games on xb1. Really wish the dude had made the project open source. I definitely would have contributed.

Also, I remember around a year ago, there was a big post on reddit about someone reverse engineering the original xbox live services. If that ever gets finished, that should also work with any backwards compat games on xb1. Really wish the dude had made the project open source. I definitely would have contributed.

It's a really fun flying battle game that is basically all dog fights. It's really well made in my opinion and a ton of fun. Amazing party style game. People sometimes forget that there were amazing XBL titles before Halo 2 and this one is up there with the best of them.

It's a really fun flying battle game that is basically all dog fights. It's really well made in my opinion and a ton of fun. Amazing party style game. People sometimes forget that there were amazing XBL titles before Halo 2 and this one is up there with the best of them.

Crimson Skies was awesome. I really wish they had made a sequel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 months ago i messaged the guy who posted that thread for his friend. The one that blew up. He replied saying the guy stopped working on it and is now working for xbox and making games backwards compatible. Rip most likely.

4 months ago i messaged the guy who posted that thread for his friend. The one that blew up. He replied saying the guy stopped working on it and is now working for xbox and making games backwards compatible. Rip most likely.

rip. at least his talents aren't going to waste.

maybe he'll leak h1 and h2 source code. that would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I usually don't post gifs, here, but...

In all seriousness, that really breaks my heart to see an ambitious project like that die, but hopefully, since he's an employee for the Xbox team, maybe he might have better luck with trying to revive the OG Xbox Live experience. Once again, this seems like wishful thinking, but we can only hope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kinda OT but the patch announcement has somewhat revived my interest in this series. Maybe things are finally on the uptick. Created a new account and everything.

Hey guys, I've missed Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Kinda OT but the patch announcement has somewhat revived my interest in this series. Maybe things are finally on the uptick. Created a new account and everything.

Hey guys, I've missed Halo.

I do, too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Frankie took too long to answer a question that's been asked since launch, and we're going three years with a broken game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I do, too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Frankie took too long to answer a question that's been asked since launch, and we're going three years with a broken game.

On top of this we have absolutely on idea what they're actually going to fix, update or enhance.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The idea of a perfectly functional MCC is enough to get me excited no matter how much time passes.

Even as broken as it is the CE playlist in MCC is still my favorite game to play. It’s not the only game I play. It’s not even the game I play the most. But it’s the game I always come back to. Every time my interest in a new game that I’ve grinded for hours starts to fade I find myself going back to CE. After a long night of raiding in D2 I get on MCC and get in a few games of CE before I go to sleep. I don’t know what it is but nothing else plays quite like CE and I love it. I highly doubt 343 is going to fix everything about MCC but if they manage to make CE play even a little bit better than it plays now I’m going to be happier than a fat kid in a candy shop.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even as broken as it is the CE playlist in MCC is still my favorite game to play. It’s not the only game I play. It’s not even the game I play the most. But it’s the game I always come back to. Every time my interest in a new game that I’ve grinded for hours starts to fade I find myself going back to CE. After a long night of raiding in D2 I get on MCC and get in a few games of CE before I go to sleep. I don’t know what it is but nothing else plays quite like CE and I love it. I highly doubt 343 is going to fix everything about MCC but if they manage to make CE play even a little bit better than it plays now I’m going to be happier than a fat kid in a candy shop.

Go check out the Halo PC thread. We mostly play with controllers so don't worry about playing against mouse users.

I'd say when you have 4 players of relatively low ping available it plays better than MCC. And there is no "host disadvantage" like on MCC because we play on dedicated servers l. Plus all of the maps are true to the original game plus we added kickass new maps and ports from other games that play very well on CE. So you're not stuck just playing the same five maps over and over.

Also stunt man added some stuff like timers and notifications of what your teammate has picked up and removed gun click and footstep sounds so people can flank better without sound whores fucking you up. Just like on the competitive lan version that people use these days (NHE).

Go check out the Halo PC thread. We mostly play with controllers so don't worry about playing against mouse users.

I'd say when you have 4 players of relatively low ping available it plays better than MCC. And there is no "host disadvantage" like on MCC because we play on dedicated servers l. Plus all of the maps are true to the original game plus we added kickass new maps and ports from other games that play very well on CE. So you're not stuck just playing the same five maps over and over.

Also stunt man added some stuff like timers and notifications of what your teammate has picked up and removed gun click and footstep sounds so people can flank better without sound whores fucking you up. Just like on the competitive lan version that people use these days (NHE).

I got my new rig all setup. Hoping to get in on few games. 

- No Melee Lunge

Ohhhh. That is... beautiful. Won't be able to try this out for a while unfortunately, and I'm really short on time, so is there anywhere I can get an in-depth list of all the changes? I've got just a few questions, like if weapons in campaign are reworked as well, and how the sword is being handled.

Ohhhh. That is... beautiful. Won't be able to try this out for a while unfortunately, and I'm really short on time, so is there anywhere I can get an in-depth list of all the changes? I've got just a few questions, like if weapons in campaign are reworked as well, and how the sword is being handled.

So i like the concept of no melee lunge, just a short "range".  But i like the feedback that a lunge provides to tell me my melee (supposedly) hit.  I would prefer to keep a small lunge (basically arm distance.  small. not like we have right now) but reduce/eliminate the magnetism.  Require that a player actually be aiming at an opponent to hit them.  Being able to duck under melee's is something that i miss....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not currently. I will compile an exhaustive list of changes when I get some time.

>if weapons in campaign are reworked as well, and how the sword is being handled.

Halo 2 Final is a multiplayer only mod, so no campaign related changes. Sword is being handeled by being removed the fuk outta the game. The weapon set is ultimately supposed to be restricted to a core functional sandbox as similar to h1 as possible. ie utility weapon, sniper, rockets, PR, shotty and whatever else. It was never completed, but the goal was to actually rework the weapon spawns in map so that stupid weapons like bruteshit, sword, etc never appear.

Another thing I didn't mention is that a goal of mine was to import many of the classic h1 maps into the engine. Chillout and Pris are already working. I don't know much about that though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So i like the concept of no melee lunge, just a short "range".  But i like the feedback that a lunge provides to tell me my melee (supposedly) hit.  I would prefer to keep a small lunge (basically arm distance.  small. not like we have right now) but reduce/eliminate the magnetism.  Require that a player actually be aiming at an opponent to hit them.  Being able to duck under melee's is something that i miss....

I do like melee lunge, I really do.

It's just that the way it's handled in Halo has always made zero sense to me. Like, why do you just fly at your opponent with no physics... It should be something with fixed lunge distance, and with slightly wider cone of attack.

It'd be cool if it was something you could punish and jump over.

I do like melee lunge, I really do.

It's just that the way it's handled in Halo has always made zero sense to me. Like, why do you just fly at your opponent with no physics... It should be something with fixed lunge distance, and with slightly wider cone of attack.

It'd be cool if it was something you could punish and jump over.

The issue with lunge in my opinion is multifacited. Lunge tends to cause close players in close proximity to gravitate towards eachother and simply try and punch eachother to death faster than their opponent.

The other issue is that h2 and h3 lunge literally aims your reticle towards your opponent.

No lunge fixes these issues so it's the best option imho

• Upvote (+1) 1

The issue with lunge in my opinion is multifacited. Lunge tends to cause close players in close proximity to gravitate towards eachother and simply try and punch eachother to death faster than their opponent.

The other issue is that h2 and h3 lunge literally aims your reticle towards your opponent.

No lunge fixes these issues so it's the best option imho

You could still have no lunge where aiming isn't required either and as long as someone is on your screen and within range, it hits.

What i would like to see tried is a melee with a small lunge that only activates when you are aiming at your opponent.  It would pull you towards your opponent, but wouldn't aim for you like it does now.  If you don't have RR, the small lunge doesn't activate and your melee misses.

How about no finicky, context-sensitive bullshit at all? Keep a CE-style melee system for standard weapons. 100% static lunge that goes exactly where you aimed for melee weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 6