FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

^How does someone think this makes them look good in any way.

If you knew what made people look good you wouldn't say any of the shit you say lmao.

no wonder you wonderfully nice people have gold bars, you and your discord buddies upvote each others posts lmao

i might have to investigate this abuse of the reputation system futher 

and if i find any impropriety i will REPORT you to the admin staff

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^How does someone think this makes them look good in any way.

I've just informed the authorities. This amount of oblivious irony is unsafe and probably illegal.

If you knew what made people look good you wouldn't say any of the shit you say lmao.

Lmao indeed. Listening to you cry like a 12 year old girl is much more interesting then discussing different aspects of Halo’s gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao indeed. Listening to you cry like a 12 year old girl is much more interesting then discussing different aspects of Halo’s gameplay.

Lmao coming from the kid that's too scared to post his gamertag right?

Lmao coming from the kid that's too scared to post his gamertag right?

Wait, weren’t you literally just the one just crying about bringing irrelevant drama? Lmao indeed.

Honestly I don't know why this devolved into such a shitshow but Moses you were the first person to respond in a derogatory manner and Quietman you just randomly came in with a random non-relevant 20 month old argument from a discord server. I don't know why you guys love creating drama so much. It's been fun guys please keep starting arguments and then acting like people that respond are bad guys. But hey you all go some reason can't seem to differentiate that no one here is coordinating opinions. People from the discord are posting on their own accord no one is telling them to come here and defend people. It's just individuals with an opinion. So stop lumping everyone together.

But whatever I'm sure there will be another 15 posts trying to call me out followed by a "yer mad" reply.

Yea because the way people acted in the past never gets brought back up as an example of their character. And i guess when three people act like dip shits it makes it ok. 

Trump said grab her by the pussy such a long time ago.  Has nothing to show about the way he is today. C'Mon that so 
nigHGzJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly I don't know why this devolved into such a shitshow but Moses you were the first person to respond in a derogatory manner and Quietman you just randomly came in with a random non-relevant 20 month old argument from a discord server. I don't know why you guys love creating drama so much. It's been fun guys please keep starting arguments and then acting like people that respond are bad guys. But hey you all go some reason can't seem to differentiate that no one here is coordinating opinions. People from the discord are posting on their own accord no one is telling them to come here and defend people. It's just individuals with an opinion. So stop lumping everyone together.

But whatever I'm sure there will be another 15 posts trying to call me out followed by a "yer mad" reply.

* bullet

Yea because the way people acted in the past never gets brought back up as an example of their character. And i guess when three people act like dip shits it makes it ok.

Trump said grab her by the pussy such a long time ago. Has nothing to show about the way he is today. C'Mon that so

nigHGzJ.jpg

Alright last response. You seriously think we are the ones that acted irrationally? Really? We simply stated our opinion with data behind it and you FLIPPED and left the server. Then you rejoined, got shit on in a sanc flag game, complained about the map and flipped out AGAIN. Dude no one got mad or even used insults. It was just you. The entire time. Nick and I were nothing but respectful. You couldn't handle that 3 people disagreed and you flipped. Are you seriously not remembering this? There's a whole server that was there lmao.

Alright last response. You seriously think we are the ones that acted irrationally? Really? We simply stated our opinion with data behind it and you FLIPPED and left the server. Then you rejoined, got shit on in a sanc flag game, complained about the map and flipped out AGAIN. Dude no one got mad or even used insults. It was just you. The entire time. Nick and I were nothing but respectful. You couldn't handle that 3 people disagreed and you flipped. Are you seriously not remembering this? There's a whole server that was there lmao.

Please stop bringing irrelevant drama to the forums.

Look at the damage after a slayer game. Pace isn't determined by just kills alone. Slayer games are DRASTICALLY slower paced compared to obj. And here just answer this: what gametype is slayer better than? If you can't name one then bingo. And yet it takes up TWO spots in a Bo5. That's absurd. I understand the differences between the games but you keep trying to say how the bomb is irrelevant an you don't "need to obj to win" but you literally do. The entire game mode is built around the bomb sites. Slaying is 1 of 2 options and there's so much more to the game because of that.

Wasn't really going to respond to this, but this thread devolved pretty quickly.

I mean damage/kills are typically* going to be higher in a OBJ game because they last longer and kills aren't as important. They are still one of the top priorities, they just aren't as important.

I mean assault is pretty terrible, I'm waiting to see more of KOTH and Oddball before passing judgement. At this point its a 3 gametype cycle. Its not healthy for the game and if you reduce it to 2 you're going to get stale fast. Neither of those points really say Slayer is a good gametype, but it is a necessity at this point regardless.

You don't need it, its there because it was probably the easiest solution & arguably the best. Change the gamemode, litter some grenades around the map, some AK's, a snipe or two, you think both teams are just going to sit in their base? This doesn't work because of buy system in CS, but my point is that the bomb is replaceable.

I never said the bomb wasn't a necessary part of the system, I said you don't need it to win. In Halo its the ONLY way to win. (or maybe I did, I don't really remember everything I type :D )

Wasn't really going to respond to this, but this thread devolved pretty quickly.

I mean damage/kills are typically* going to be higher in a OBJ game because they last longer and kills aren't as important. They are still one of the top priorities, they just aren't as important.

I mean assault is pretty terrible, I'm waiting to see more of KOTH and Oddball before passing judgement. At this point its a 3 gametype cycle. Its not healthy for the game and if you reduce it to 2 you're going to get stale fast. Neither of those points really say Slayer is a good gametype, but it is a necessity at this point regardless.

You don't need it, its there because it was probably the easiest solution & arguably the best. Change the gamemode, litter some grenades around the map, some AK's, a snipe or two, you think both teams are just going to sit in their base? This doesn't work because of buy system in CS, but my point is that the bomb is replaceable.

I never said the bomb wasn't a necessary part of the system, I said you don't need it to win. In Halo its the ONLY way to win. (or maybe I did, I don't really remember everything I type :D )

Of course you can change the bomb to another thing but that doesn't mean it will be anywhere near as successful. The problem I have with what you say is that you make it sound like not arming the bomb means that it's not that important. Yes kills can win you the round. Yes it's not literally Only obj like, say, CTF but it's still one of the biggest driving forces mehomd the mode. Yea you can put on map pick ups and people will move more, but that seeing mean people will like it more.

Also I know obj games last longer. That's why I said if you play an equally long game between the 2 obj will have considerably more engagements.

Not really sure where to post this but some people were hopeful for getting servers back up. The article says there will be no servers (not surprised)

Then what the hell was the point of them pushing Crimson Skies as the "big game"? The online was the SOLE reason for its popularity!

• Upvote (+1) 1

i 100% would love to see that happen, and luckily menke is in favor of consolidating playlists (in general)

some people are in favor of removing slayer entirely from ranked/esports, which i don't agree with, i don't think addition by subtraction applies in this case

I agree, but I’d also like to see TS become a Game 5 or 7 only gametype, and use 1 minute powerups that can’t be burned. Then balance the OS so that one perfect magazine from the magnum will kill, and put OS and Camo on every map with static timers. Slayer needs a higher frequency of item spawns, especially powerups since they’re time sensitive and can’t be used passively.

Halo 1 had it right. We never should have fucked with it.

The people who are undeniably wrong are the ones arguing in favor of removing the most popular playlist so all other players will be forced to play what they think is “right”.

Sooo...just me, right? Just say it dude, we can talk about it.

The only thing it has going for it is popularity. Maybe that’s enough to justify its existence. Maybe that’s why I don’t get to make these decisions. But I find it frustrating that its popularity (and the sense of entitlement brought on by its popularity) DIRECTLY chokes out the experience I want to have. Oh, they wouldn’t get to have exactly what they want 100% of the time? I already don’t get to have exactly what I want at all.

So the argument for a Team Slayer playlist (which comes directly at the cost of a healthy obj playlist, as we know) is literally just “its popular”, which don’t get me wrong, is a very strong argument, but it’s the only one.

Whereas the reasons to combine them:

Players that want to play obj actually can

It consolidates playlists and gives faster matches

Players become more rounded players and experience all of the game’s content

I don’t think the majority of players would mind

Separating Slayer from obj when you know full well that obj will die on its own, just so you don’t have to grow as a player, is selfish and lazy

Slayer only would make an excellent rotational playlist

It’s the most logical way to organize playlists. I think most players would be fine with it. The only backlash comes from whiny, entitled players that would rather fuck over their fellow players because of their own unwillingness to develop as a player. It sounds harsh but I’m not wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty I wouldn’t mind if Slayer was made a social only playlist, with the exception that its still littered around in HCS or Arena or whatever they call it these days.

In all honesty I wouldn’t mind if Slayer was made a social only playlist, with the exception that its still littered around in HCS or Arena or whatever they call it these days.

Thats pretty much what we want. Idk how this devolved into so much anger but that's really all I was saying.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Then what the hell was the point of them pushing Crimson Skies as the "big game"? The online was the SOLE reason for its popularity!

I'm certainly not happy it's not included and had my fingers crossed we would get online capabilities but I am in no way surprised by this

They could have just went with any 4 player split screen multiplayer game to test for bugs/frame drops. Not sure why this one specifically was picked but I think it's a better party style game than say adding unreal championship. (I hope they add it)

With only 13 games coming out I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this. There's more and more titles that in looking into seems to have lisencing issues.

Definitely sucks. Even with no servers I hope they add h1 and h2. It also seems very very unlikely for a tunnel packet system to be ran on the Xbox one. Hoopsta had explained it was against the terms of service.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats pretty much what we want. Idk how this devolved into so much anger but that's really all I was saying.

Hope I didn't give off those impressions. Just wanted to talk about it TBH.

no wonder you wonderfully nice people have gold bars, you and your discord buddies upvote each others posts lmao

i might have to investigate this abuse of the reputation system futher 

and if i find any impropriety i will REPORT you to the admin staff

no conspiracy here pal, i use the given reputation system in accordance with the rules, and when i see an argument or post i think is petty or malicious, or what i think is totally wrong i downvote. theres often a response already there made by someone else, that i agree with, which in case ill upvote instead of finding new ways to regurgitate the same points over and over. if you think a conspiracy must be the only reason someone would ever downvote you, youre delusional.

also upvote/downvote systems are a joke. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Hard Way

Is popularity enough to justify a playlist’s existence? It absolutely is.

You trying to force people who want to play slayer into a playlist that is a mix of objective and slayer is the same as me forcing you into a playlist with mixed AR starts and BR starts. Look at it like that.

Mix OBJ and Slayer in Doubles and BTB? Absolutely. Those aren’t “core” gametypes in the same way Team Slayer is.

Don’t you guys always say “don’t mess with a working formula”, like in relation to classic Halo compared to modern Halo? Why are you trying to fuck with a working formula then? I don’t buy your bullshit about “wanting to make players more well rounded”. If some kid wants to run TS 24/7 then fucking let him.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1