FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The discussion was about consolidating MCC playlists before it turned into childish name calling :(

I wonder why only 6 people use this thread...

Plenty of good discussion and valid points being made and you’re hung up on a couple of adjectives. I’ll agree to use nice boy words if you’ll discuss the topic and drop the passive aggressive BS. Do you have a counter argument or do you just want to pout?

Plenty of good discussion and valid points being made and you’re hung up on a couple of adjectives. I’ll agree to use nice boy words if you’ll discuss the topic and drop the passive aggressive BS. Do you have a counter argument or do you just want to pout?

i wasn't referring to you, you are capable of polite discourse

i meant IM a BEASTZ and Arglctelble calling me a stupid no life obsessive loser (because i like slayer)

if people are 100% irreconcilable with slayer then there is no discussion really

i meant IM a BEASTZ and Arglctelble calling me a stupid no life obsessive loser (because i like slayer)

if people are 100% irreconcilable with slayer then there is no discussion really

Well then, I retract my abrasiveness. Still wish you’d discuss it. In ideal circumstances, would you not agree that It’d be better to have Ranked 4v4 and Social 4v4, each with a mix of TS and Obj, with a Slayer only playlist being rotational? Wouldn’t it be nice if people didn’t demand a Slayer only playlist which we know severely damages an obj population? That’s really the only point I was making.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well then, I retract my abrasiveness. Still wish you’d discuss it. In ideal circumstances, would you not agree that It’d be better to have Ranked 4v4 and Social 4v4, each with a mix of TS and Obj, with a Slayer only playlist being rotational? Wouldn’t it be nice if people didn’t demand a Slayer only playlist which we know severely damages an obj population? That’s really the only point I was making.

i 100% would love to see that happen, and luckily menke is in favor of consolidating playlists (in general)

some people are in favor of removing slayer entirely from ranked/esports, which i don't agree with, i don't think addition by subtraction applies in this case

Ugh, no thanks. Sick of this participation medal crap infecting FPS. The last thing I want is another Overwatch where the game is scared of telling you you're garbage.

There's plenty of good ways to incentivise winning that doesn't make every player feel like they made an equal contribution to the team when one player went 30:1 and completely carried the game.

How about giving bonus REQ points for winning? And by bonus I don't mean an extra 5% for winning. By bonus I mean DOUBLE the amount of REQ for winning a game. Add on win streaks that ramp up REQ rewards for winning multiple games in a row.

Another method would be to offer bonus REQ points for players that play the objectives. Give a bonus 500 REQ points for a player that caps the flag or 500 REQ points for every 30 seconds they hold the ball in an Oddball game.

All of a sudden you'd have players fighting over running the flag instead of who picks up the next Sniper Rifle.

I was with you until here.  I don't see how emphasizing win/loss and damage over K/D and whatever the fuck KDA is is giving everybody a "Participation trophy"? Its de-emphasizing the stats that people use to inflate their ego and emphasizing the stats that actually contribute to winning and the win itself.  That's the exact opposite of a participation trophy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i 100% would love to see that happen, and luckily menke is in favor of consolidating playlists (in general)

some people are in favor of removing slayer entirely from ranked/esports, which i don't agree with, i don't think addition by subtraction applies in this case

I hate slayer personally, and would love to see some new takes on it as game variants.  Base slayer would still be the go-to slayer gametype though and the one featured in competitive play BUT it should only be played once in a Bo5 and twice in a Bo7.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate slayer personally, and would love to see some new takes on it as game variants.  Base slayer would still be the go-to slayer gametype though and the one featured in competitive play BUT it should only be played once in a Bo5 and twice in a Bo7.  

agreed, especially considering h5 slayer isn't our strongest gametype

i'd also like to CTF replace it as the 'Game 3/5/7' mode

• Upvote (+1) 1

agreed, especially considering h5 slayer isn't our strongest gametype

i'd also like to CTF replace it as the 'Game 3/5/7' mode

Yes especially given the Flag games that we saw this weekend.  Holy moly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about you go read your first couple responses in this thread homie. Do you really not see how passive-aggressive your responses were right off the bat? Are you seriously that blind? But no I guess holy Moses can do no wrong and you were just 100% Mr. Nice and big mean Beast started name calling for no reason.

Stop bragging about your contribution to halo esports (that you haven’t been paid a penny over) and commenting about people’s reactions to your non-arguments. You provide no rebuttals against beast regarding how slayer is worth keeping over the 4 objective game modes we’ve had in our history, and your best argument in terms of Halo being an FPS to keep slayer is completely countered by how CoD doesn’t have it in their pro tournaments, a completely casual shooter with TDM as their most popular playlist, like Halo.

Arg and beast keep drilling you in this thread because you previously have contributed nothing positive to the discussion, besides your passive aggression. So learn from that and move on. Stop getting hung over by insults because it won’t stop in the future.

• Downvote (-1) 1

How about you go read your first couple responses in this thread dumbass.

Do you really not see how passive-aggressive your responses were right off the bat? Are you seriously that blind? 

:lxthul:

Stop bragging about your contribution to halo esports (that you haven’t been paid a penny over) and commenting about people’s reactions to your non-arguments. You provide no rebuttals in regards to how slayer is worth keeping over the 4 objective game modes we’ve had in our history, and your best argument in terms of Halo being an FPS to keep slayer is completely countered by how CoD doesn’t have it in their pro tournaments, a completely casual shooter with TDM as their most popular playlist, like Halo.

Arg and beast keep drilling you in this thread because you previously have contributed nothing positive to the discussion besides your passive aggression. So learn from that, and move on. Stop getting hung over by insults because it won’t stop in the future.

yeah i'm the passive aggressive one  :thinking:

nice talk guys

Hate to break it to you, but these were literally your first two responses to the topic:

Because halo scientists think they speak for everyone when in reality they don’t

yeah, lets remove our most popular game type from esports!

that will help us grow!

"herp derp no one likes team slayer, everyone i spoke to doesn't like it, etc"

And in the one before that you're mocking people reacting to the MCC patch. Don't act all holier-than-thou and pretend to have the moral high ground when you were the first one to make snarky passive-aggressive posts.

Btw I'm not saying the name calling against was justified and that it wasn't immature, but your condescening attitude isn't really helping you in this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah i'm the passive aggressive one  :thinking:

nice talk guys

Oh really?

i could feel your blood pressure rising just by reading that

rock solid argument btw

people have been begging me to work for them lol

thanks for the comment though, you seem like a very nice guy!

i'm a real POS cause i like slayer  :kappa:

no guys it's trash, no one likes slayer, the pros hate it, CTF is better

cmon get real, also btw if you dont agree with me i'm going to berate you

Just admit you are also in the wrong and move on.

And in the one before that you're mocking people reacting to the MCC patch. Don't act all holier-than-thou and pretend to have the moral high ground when you were the first one to make snarky passive-aggressive posts.

Btw I'm not saying the name calling against was justified and that it wasn't immature, but your condescening attitude isn't really helping you in this.

i was referencing a comment he made a few days previously, in which he was incredibly rude to me (like everyone of his responses towards me)

they have a history of being toxic angry people

i haven't called anyone a no life dumbass obsessive shill for having a different opinion so i feel pretty good about myself

I hate slayer personally, and would love to see some new takes on it as game variants. Base slayer would still be the go-to slayer gametype though and the one featured in competitive play BUT it should only be played once in a Bo5 and twice in a Bo7.

We have at least 5 objective gametypes that can be used in a series, including strongholds. If this were to be the case, I’d only find it necessary for slayer to appear as the last match for both bo5 AND bo7.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Three days later and this argument is still going on.

Your avatar is more fitting than ever these days!

It's Tuesday and I'm over here highly anticipating this week's community update.

The discussion was about consolidating MCC playlists before it turned into childish name calling :(

I wonder why only 6 people use this thread...

Whoa whoa whoa. Any sort of blame on the inactivity of this thread is 3,000,000% because of the quality of the game and has and never will have anything to do with quality of people who post. It's not our fault that our friendly shining personalities were destroyed by MCC. If the game was in a working condition then nobody here would be an asshole. It's practically science.

:kappa:

@@Nokt you brought up some good points. Thanks for giving it a shot.

edit: ING put out an article on the first 13 games for original xbox BC. Not really sure where to post this but some people were hopeful for getting servers back up. The article says there will be no servers (not surprised)

These are the first 13 games you can play on any Xbox One if you own the title, beginning tomorrow:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Ninja Gaiden Black

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Fuzion Frenzy

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Psychonauts

Dead to Rights

Black

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Red Faction II

BloodRayne 2

The King of Fighters Neowave

• Upvote (+1) 2

i was referencing a comment he made a few days previously, in which he was incredibly rude to me (like everyone of his responses towards me)

they have a history of being toxic angry people

i haven't called anyone a no life dumbass obsessive shill for having a different opinion so i feel pretty good about myself

Cut the victim routine. No one is making fun your "relevance" because you like Slayer. I'm making fun of you because you use the rhetorical strategies of an intellectual coward to avoid addressing the simple fact that you have no counter-points beyond your desire to see a bunch of shallow, flashy bullshit on screen. And because you waste hilarious amounts of time obsessing over and making excuses for a shitty game, while pretending it hasn't been going straight downhill since the first million dollar tournament. You don't care about the competitive integrity of the game. You are the least cerebral "esports" fanboy imaginable.

You still haven't made any arguments at all in favor of real value that slayer adds to ranked or competitive play, opting instead for red herrings and incessant ad hominem quips about how angry we obviously are. Poor Moses. lmfao. Just to be clear, I find you amusing and a bit sad. You over-estimate the impact of your internet forum posts on my mental state about as much as you overestimate your impact on the esports industry. I've taken shits that had a more significant impact on my day. I enjoy seeing you run in circles to avoid bruising your ego. You've been passive aggressive from the start of this conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

a no life dumbass obsessive shill

Think I got called one of those for arguing OW requires aiming skill at higher/medium levels of play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We have at least 5 objective gametypes that can be used in a series, including strongholds. If this were to be the case, I’d only find it necessary for slayer to appear as the last match for both bo5 AND bo7.

I would rather have a slayer in the middle than be at the end.  Like, i think i would rather have it be on the "Sweep" game so game 3 for a Bo5 and 4 for a Bo7.  I just dont think its a good enough gametype to end an entire series on, but could be a good gametype for a momentum-shifter.  That may not even make sense....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not even close

Oh that's right. It was for saying H3 sucks. Or was it for defending people for their reasoning behind preferring consoles?

Shit I don't know. I've been treated like a shill by you guys so many times I can't even keep track anymore.

toxicity-your-life.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1