CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What answer is he getting exactly? Because if they're not gonna keep fixing it then I don't really give a shit at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A 343 employee thas has been trying to get answers from 343 for almost a year now and all he has to show is "an answer is nearly within reach". A great example of what is wrong with this developer.

I mean props to the guy for even trying, most people would have quit after three months of getting the "soon". But what good is thing going to do anyways? Frankie should just man the fuck up and give a detailed breakdown of what went wrong as he promised three years ago.

That fucking explanation better be a god damn Times Best selling novel.

• Upvote (+1) 8

A 343 employee thas has been trying to get answers from 343 for almost a year now and all he has to show is "an answer is nearly within reach". A great example of what is wrong with this developer.

I mean props to the guy for even trying, most people would have quit after three months of getting the "soon". But what good is thing going to do anyways? Frankie should just man the fuck up and give a detailed breakdown of what went wrong as he promised three years ago.

Sketch (to the higher ups): So what about mcc, is it done?

Higher ups: Well we might still make money on it, so theres a slim chance we'll do an update.

But then the higher ups won't set aside money/budget/plans to actually do anything with mcc so it's forever in limbo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sketch even says in that thread that MCC does fairly well with new players meaning people are actually still buying it, be it digital or second hand disc.

They can see new players still buying and playing the game but the thought of an update or anything is just mere occasional discussion.

@@Sebastian, you can increase your chance of a random from back red by about 25% if you slide one body width towards red shotgun from the corner before you jump. I learned that making my HeH tips video. McDick didn’t even know it.

Sketch even says in that thread that MCC does fairly well with new players meaning people are actually still buying it, be it digital or second hand disc.

They can see new players still buying and playing the game but the thought of an update or anything is just mere occasional discussion.

Okay if we believe that we have to believe that he is being serious about the state of MCC. And I don't believe him when he talks about MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ske7chfactor is actually replying to a thread about MCC on reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/75bfvj/is_343_still_ignoring_the_mcc

Although there is not much actual content in his replies, there are some interesting tidbits:

Heard the same thing from Frankie and Bravo. I do not believe Ske7th for a second. If it happens, then cool. It won't win that many trust points back (if at all), but it would be nice. 

Are we going to pretend that Ske7ch isn't bailing on this joke of a developer as soon as he has enough experience under his belt to work for a real company?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's really a shame because when you think about it, there are 5 things I could think of off the top of my head that would immediately make the game an infinitely more enjoyable experience.

- Allow join in progress for custom games and unranked playlists.  This would allow people to start a custom game and warm up while you wait for a full 8 person roster.  This would prevent what we have now which is sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes or longer waiting for an 8th player to join.

- Disable the black screen Loss glitch in Halo 2.  This really only applies to the Team Doubles, Hardcore, and Classic playlists.  If the opposing team quits out of the game before the match ends, then you and your teammates go black screen and everyone gets about 3 losses.  This is because the game thinks you also quit out of match when in reality, you should be earning a free win.

- Search preferences for all playlists.  This is something we saw a little bit of in Reach where you could filter between Good Connection, Skill, and Language.  If people were allowed to search Team Slayer, Snipers, BtB, etc, while also choosing the specific Halo game they wish to play; it would eliminate the problem of people quitting mid-match or before the game even begins.  It would also help the oversaturation of things like Halo 3 always getting selected in Big Team.  Let Halo 2 players match Halo 2 players, let CE players match CE players; and if you want to select more than one Halo game that should be an option for you too.

- Include a ranked Free for All playlist.  This one seriously bugs me as MCC is the only Halo game to not have this in matchmaking.  There used to be a Rumble Pit playlist in the collection a long time ago but there is no reason it should not be brought back with better gametype and map selection.  Truthfully, if the only options were H2C Midship and H3 Heretic with the correct competitive settings, this would be highly populated.

- Remove gametype & map choices that are not voted for.  This goes for both ranked and non ranked playlists in MCC, in many instances there are a plethora of poor choices to make during the voting screen and often times people will quit to the dashboard just so they get better options next time.  Any SMG start in H2 or AR start in H3 is not going to get picked and should not get picked in a ranked skill setting.  And it's a shame too because after a while you feel like you're just playing the same exact gametypes over and over again when good combinations could be endless.  This sentiment also applies to social players who run Team Slayer, Snipers, or BtB; the selections honestly get stale after a few days of playing.  Can I get Terminal Snipers instead of SMG Backwash?  Can I get BR Objective games instead of ARs on Snowbound?

I know how much of a long shot it is for 343i to add another patch or update to this game; and I understand that the chances of these features I mentioned being implemented are even smaller.  However I think one of the reasons why the MCC was abandoned in its unfinished state is because the developers didn't know where to begin to fix all the issues.  And of course for some of the bugs, they just flat out did not know how to correct.  But maybe if we have a more clear, concise, vocal opinion of what we mean when we say "please fix MCC" then hopefully someone at 343i/Microsoft can listen and do something about it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tashi posts there is a possibility for H1 in tournament play in the future. Ske7ch brings up MCC out of the blue despite claiming he knows nothing.

1% possibility: H1/H2 will be bundled with Halo 6 as either backwards compatible or some sort of "legacy" edition where you have to buy the bundle to play H1/H2. H2 servers will come back up, and H1 will have online functionality. Halo 6 for $60, or bundle for $60+

One can hope I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tashi posts there is a possibility for H1 in tournament play in the future.

Source?

Tashi posts there is a possibility for H1 in tournament play in the future. Ske7ch brings up MCC out of the blue despite claiming he knows nothing.

1% possibility: H1/H2 will be bundled with Halo 6 as either backwards compatible or some sort of "legacy" edition where you have to buy the bundle to play H1/H2. H2 servers will come back up, and H1 will have online functionality. Halo 6 for $60, or bundle for $60+

One can hope I guess.

I wouldn't expect anything soon just yet, and I hope to discuss some stuff with Tashi about this. We talked about it a decent amount though at Daytona.

From a logistics standpoint, getting a full station for either Halo 2 or Halo 3 is going to be a pain compared to a station for Halo CE. They could always do split screen for those games but the FOV is terrible in my opinion. I remember going through open bracket and playing split for both.. it was rough. Another issue is the equipment itself, do you acquire and store original equipment or use Xbox One and the emulator which I'm sure they have plenty of to spare. I would hope to discuss the benefit of using the original, at the very least for Halo CE. I know we can be purists but it's absolutely worth it in my opinion and am really happy that they contacted McDick who was able to bring a ton of original equipment.

I'm still not too sure how many people on this forum have seen the training mode, but I was able to showcase that quite a bit over the weekend. While it can be a bit tough on the eyes on certain maps, this tool is unbelievable. I was able to play a series with Chris Lee and we played against Lunchbox and his friend with it on. I was able to say "stand here" and point to a bright pink spot and Chris could give me a random spawn. We played on Creek, which isn't as overwhelming in terms of randoms yet has a lot of small little slivers that most people don't know about.

99% of people who played that weekend have never played it competitively. 99% of people said they have played it before, but not in terms of timing the weapons, knowing spawns, nade tricks, or hell even remembering where the weapons were. Training mode helps a lot as long as someone can explain what they are supposed to do with that information. None of this is going to be possible unless we used original xboxes that are modded with Neutral Host Edition. MCC has too many problems, and no H1 LAN player is going to travel to play it. Same goes if we use the 360 and emulator. Hell, I'd put money that even if they decided to use OG and disc, playing on/off people will still want NHE due to time constraints.

I assume a lot of what I hope for depends on the location of events, and if the LAN community can bring stuff themselves in order to ensure it's OG. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

self indulgent sadpost incoming: 

i really hope they do something with mcc. gaming as a whole is so busted right now. i thought the grass would really be greener when i started pc gaming but it's just different games and different devs with the exact same set of issues. the outliers in that equation, the ones with actual good games, suffer from an entirely different set of issues. CS for example is so littered with smurfing and cheating that the only real viable way to enjoy that game in a setting with some semblance of integrity is to play on a 3rd party subscription like ESEA - that's something that as a consumer i should never feel forced into. 

So i keep coming back to h2 and mcc, even though it's fucking busted, because broken halo is still preferable to me than pretty much every alternative. My love affair ended with halo 2 a while ago. I go back to it not because i blindly love it for no particular reason like i used to, but because when i think about what i want out of gaming, it's the only game that fits that paradigm in my head. It's still the only game that fulfills everything i want when i log on: A competitive scene (albeit tiny right now) to play in, avenues for video making, a skill gap that still has room for me to improve despite 12 years on the game, casual avenues to fuck around on and enjoy time with my friends, nostalgia and the feeling that when i get on to do any of those things (play competitively, bond with friends, make a motnage), i feel my time is largely well spent.

I hope they do something with MCC soon because gaming as a whole is one giant shit pile at the moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If they haven't done anything for  3 years what makes you think they'll start now? Just buttering us up trying to make us buy their shit iteration of Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's still the only game that fulfills everything i want when i log on: A competitive scene (albeit tiny right now) to play in, avenues for video making, a skill gap that still has room for me to improve despite 12 years on the game, casual avenues to fuck around on and enjoy time with my friends, nostalgia and the feeling that when i get on to do any of those things (play competitively, bond with friends, make a motnage), i feel my time is largely well spent.

I've only started playing it (and just the training mode at that), but Rocket League might turn your crank. It's competitive, showy, easy to learn/hard to master, and has casual elements, all while having a no-BS old-school simplicity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've only started playing it (and just the training mode at that), but Rocket League might turn your crank. It's competitive, showy, easy to learn/hard to master, and has casual elements, all while having a no-BS old-school simplicity.

alot of people have been telling me this but i have this mental block in my head from playing sports games or games that resemble sports. appreciate the tip tho.

alot of people have been telling me this but i have this mental block in my head from playing sports games or games that resemble sports. appreciate the tip tho.

Sez the man with a lacrosse avatar. ;-)

Sez the man with a lacrosse avatar. ;-)

lol that's my point though. I play madden or fifa or any game to do with scoring goals or touchdowns and i just get this ridiculous itch to go to the field and shoot. 

Updated prediction: H1/H2 with working online will be used to sell Xbox One X. Ske7ch brought up MCC out of the blue the other day while Tashi(?) posted about original Xbox games being backwards compatible soon with "cool" features on the Xbox One X. I'm willing to bet they are holding ALL OG backwards compatibility for the Xbox One X only as a big selling point.

If OG backwards compatabilty does also come to Xbox One, it's possible online functionality will be for The Xbox One X. Just a prediction though. Theres got to be some sort of "deal breaker" for the average gamer to buy another console besides just graphics IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Updated prediction: H1/H2 with working online will be used to sell Xbox One X. Ske7ch brought up MCC out of the blue the other day while Tashi(?) posted about original Xbox games being backwards compatible soon with "cool" features on the Xbox One X. I'm willing to bet they are holding ALL OG backwards compatibility for the Xbox One X only as a big selling point.

If OG backwards compatabilty does also come to Xbox One, it's possible online functionality will be for The Xbox One X. Just a prediction though. Theres got to be some sort of "deal breaker" for the average gamer to buy another console besides just graphics IMO.

I would really love that to happen. Halo: CE IS the definitive MP Halo experience, but it clearly was not designed for Xbox Live. My fingers are still crossed; I know both the OG Xbox and Xbox One use the same architecture.