CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Kid needs his Xbox smashed into a few dozen pieces. The mom is in a bad spot because it seems like she's just been giving him constant empty threats and then you end up with shit like that. She cares too much to actually kick him out though because she probably fears what would happen to him. *armchair therapist*

I can tell you that the foundations for that conversation were laid years ago. Kids are very teachable in years 3-11, and if you don't establish respect and credibility then, your odds of suddenly establishing it during the teen years extremely low. Unfortunately he will eventually be disciplined by the real world, which will be a lot worse than what it would have been had he had it at home.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy crap, if I would have ever talked to my mother with even 5% of the attitude he gave her, I would have been blown up at the atomic level and spread across the universe.

This kid is in for a really, really hard life with that kind of attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lIGYnGX.jpg

Lmao. Isn't it extra hilarious that he's acting like a twat so he can play MCC? I mean I could at least understand being addicted to H2 and 3, but MCC is just riddled with garbage that should make his rage 100x more than his mom coming in at night telling him to stop playing so much Xbox. Kid has issues.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pretty sure his mom is an alcoholic, so before you judge him for the way he acted think about why it might be like that. I can understand him acting like that if that is the case, but if its just because he wanted to stay up and keep playing video games that would make it pretty pathetic.

Doesn't matter. If you still live with your parents, you are obligated to show them respect. If the fact that you aren't dead because they fed, sheltered, and raised you to this point isn't enough of a reason, then the fact that you still can't support yourself and are still dependent on them should be enough to clue you in. This is inexcusable. He is a garbage human being. If this behavior sounds familiar to you or someone you know, it's time for a serious reality check.

The fact that he both lives with mom and is playing Xbox leads me to believe that if it were not for mom's support, he would not be playing xbox, and therefore should show gratitude and respect to his mother that he even gets to play at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well after reading the last few comments I'm glad I didn't watch that video.

I wish I would've even fixed my mouth to speak to my mama like that lol. I wouldn't be black anymore, I'll just put that that way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sell his Xbox+games at the nearest gamestop. Take his TV and the lightbulbs in his room. Get him on a shitty cell phone plan where you have to pay for each text. Tell him the only way he can get his stuff back is to get a job and pay for it. He'll think you're bluffing but he'll cave in after two weeks (max a month).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played the Halo CE playlist the other night with a friend who is brand new to the game. I got him to come to a LAN this weekend though to get is feet wet. It's impossible to learn how to play Halo CE online in my opinion compared to LAN.

Anyway, I've had these issues happen at individually at some point, but we were playing and all 3 happened at once. We got the white screen/map glitch. We got put onto a completely different map, one that's not even offered in the 2v2 playlist, Blood Gulch, and it was FFA starts. Again this is the 2v2 playlist and selected Priz.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ten days until H3 anniversary comes and goes and we get nothing

343 doesn't have time for an anniversary on the best-selling Halo game ever made. They have to focus on Halo 6: Cortana's Now Evil. Cool, Right?.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Played the Halo CE playlist the other night with a friend who is brand new to the game. I got him to come to a LAN this weekend though to get is feet wet. It's impossible to learn how to play Halo CE online in my opinion compared to LAN.

you say this but we have people like The bo, kingnick, and bobbyblitz. 3sp and I also learned mostly on xbc. True teamwork though definitely needs to be on lan to learn though

• Upvote (+1) 1

you say this but we have people like The bo, kingnick, and bobbyblitz. 3sp and I also learned mostly on xbc. True teamwork though definitely needs to be on lan to learn though

Don't know about Tsp, but the Bo, Nick and Bobby all have played OG LAN at some point prior to MCC, so they claim. The bo's actually pretty old school for h2.

I should have specified though cause that's what I mean, the teamwork aspect. He is still learning the map layouts. Hell I'm 100x worse when I can't see my partners screen. At the LAN I can point and tell him stand there, he can look at my screen to tell when I'm fighting or when I need a spawn. I can't explain the spots on the fly. There's no timer although he is finally going to get one.

We played 3 days on MCC and he didn't learn a thing. We played 21 games at Megs LAN and he improved at a ridiculous rate. Played more MCC last night and he said he felt like he was clueless. At the LAN though we did training mode for him and that helped.

Players can learn quicker than ever with all the resources at their disposal, but I feel like it's almost impossible to apply it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't know about Tsp, but the Bo, Nick and Bobby all have played OG LAN at some point prior to MCC, so they claim. The bo's actually pretty old school for h2.

I should have specified though cause that's what I mean, the teamwork aspect. He is still learning the map layouts. Hell I'm 100x worse when I can't see my partners screen. At the LAN I can point and tell him stand there, he can look at my screen to tell when I'm fighting or when I need a spawn. I can't explain the spots on the fly. There's no timer although he is finally going to get one.

We played 3 days on MCC and he didn't learn a thing. We played 21 games at Megs LAN and he improved at a ridiculous rate. Played more MCC last night and he said he felt like he was clueless. At the LAN though we did training mode for him and that helped.

Players can learn quicker than ever with all the resources at their disposal, but I feel like it's almost impossible to apply it.

MCC is good for learning spawns, map layouts, and 90% of the nade tricks. That's probably about it IMO.

MCC is such a different game you cant really learn teamwork that would translate to lan because people do different things on lan and a good play on MCC is often not a good play on LAN and vice versa. Map flow is also another thing that is really different on LAN.

Its definitely overwhelming for a new player 15 years into the meta though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LAN just has a ton of advantages in terms of learning and having as much information in front of you as possible. Technically you can learn everything you need by watching videos and playing MCC but that's not going to prepare you for the differences of LAN, especially when people have been playing for 15 years.

I know theres a decent amount of PC players who have gone to console LANs recently. They all have the same tools to learn the game but none of them have any experience with split screen or screen watching so even with their knowledge of spawns, they don't have much experience applying it in real time.

Anyway, I've had these issues happen at individually at some point, but we were playing and all 3 happened at once. We got the white screen/map glitch. We got put onto a completely different map, one that's not even offered in the 2v2 playlist, Blood Gulch, and it was FFA starts. Again this is the 2v2 playlist and selected Priz.

Teapot, I would agree with you that MCC is far from the optimal way to play H1. I had zero experience playing H1 2v2's prior to MCC, so the learning curve was quite steep. As Twisted M mentioned, I would say that MCC is best for learning spawns, nades, and general map layouts. I have yet to attend an actual competitive H1 LAN (something I want to do), but I recognize how differently these two versions of the game will play. Hit registration aside, spawning with 4 nades instead of 2 changes the way the game plays significantly. 

I know for me I watched a lot of videos on spawn points and nade tricks to try and get up to speed as fast as possible. However, learning to use all of that knowledge in game was an entirely different matter. 

On that note, anyone know where I can find some local LANs in/near the state of FL? And don't lecture me about missing the beach Lan :P.

Teapot, I would agree with you that MCC is far from the optimal way to play H1. I had zero experience playing H1 2v2's prior to MCC, so the learning curve was quite steep. As Twisted M mentioned, I would say that MCC is best for learning spawns, nades, and general map layouts. I have yet to attend an actual competitive H1 LAN (something I want to do), but I recognize how differently these two versions of the game will play. Hit registration aside, spawning with 4 nades instead of 2 changes the way the game plays significantly. 

I know for me I watched a lot of videos on spawn points and nade tricks to try and get up to speed as fast as possible. However, learning to use all of that knowledge in game was an entirely different matter. 

On that note, anyone know where I can find some local LANs in/near the state of FL? And don't lecture me about missing the beach Lan :P.

McDick plays constantly in the Tampa Area. CONSTANTLY 

• Upvote (+1) 1

McDick plays constantly in the Tampa Area. CONSTANTLY 

I have heard that from multiple people, I think I might try and contact him. I see that he has contact information on his Beach Lan web page, so I'd assume that would be a logical place to start? I appreciate the feedback Bonesaw.

I have heard that from multiple people, I think I might try and contact him. I see that he has contact information on his Beach Lan web page, so I'd assume that would be a logical place to start? I appreciate the feedback Bonesaw.

I feel like that would work

343 hates real Halo fans. They like little kids who want to but Halo leggo toys. Thats is their market. Not real Halo fans.

• Upvote (+1) 4