CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Don't make excuses for them. They had millions of dollars at their disposal and they didn't put forth any sort of real effort. No excuses. If I did what those clowns did I would have been fired immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is just a vent post. Feel free to ignore.

Currently, we are in the position where the most we have to look forward to is backwards compatibility for H3. Did you ever stop to think how truly sad and pathetic that is? But it's true. I have ZERO hope for H6. MCC guaranteed to not be fixed, and MCC will probably guarantee that CE and H2 won't be ported to X1. Any. Time. Soon. We all know 343's record. We have no reason whatsoever to expect H6 will be anything other than hot garbage. I never had my friends list check out from a Halo game as fast as with H5 (not even H4, which still shocks me to this day), well, except MCC, but even then they kept coming back with each update only to leave once again when it wasn't fixed. H2A, let's be honest, was bloody awful. With virtually no maps. No strafe. No speed. I'll never know how the pros stood playing that cheap, auto-aim mess for so long. In H5 they couldn't even get aiming right. Movement felt awful, the game slow and clunky, the sniper literally cancer. People thrusting everywhere, like a 90's butt hump dance party. I hate everything about 343's vision of Halo: the art, the sound, the gd f'ing spartan abilities, the aim, the feel, sprint, voices. Literally. Everything. Where now? No where. Halo 3 backwards compatibility. Bloody hell.

End rant.

Sorry to say this, but you have to realize Halo 3 BC is just another pipe dream. There have been so many pushes from the community to  #RepopulateH3. It happened after Reach came out and everyone realized how garbage that game was (until CEA and the TU) and then again after H4 came out. Then again when H3 became free to play for XBL Gold members. It's always a small peak of a few thousand people that play for a week and then it becomes a ghost town again.

Now don't get me wrong, H3 BC will easily outnumber H5's active players for a while. The same thing happened when Reach became BC and suddenly had 30k players online again (we all know H5 does not go over 10-20k). But sadly this won't last. People will realize the hit reg is still ass, 30 FPS is terrible nowadays, the BR can't shoot straight and everyone has played all the gametypes to death and is finished with the progression system. There is nothing that will hold players' attention after the initial excitement of "H3 is back!".

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry to say this, but you have to realize Halo 3 BC is just another pipe dream. There have been so many pushes from the community to  #RepopulateH3. It happened after Reach came out and everyone realized how garbage that game was (until CEA and the TU) and then again after H4 came out. Then again when H3 became free to play for XBL Gold members. It's always a small peak of a few thousand people that play for a week and then it becomes a ghost town again.

Now don't get me wrong, H3 BC will easily outnumber H5's active players for a while. The same thing happened when Reach became BC and suddenly had 30k players online again (we all know H5 does not go over 10-20k). But sadly this won't last. People will realize the hit reg is still ass, 30 FPS is terrible nowadays, the BR can't shoot straight and everyone has played all the gametypes to death and is finished with the progression system. There is nothing that will hold players' attention after the initial excitement of "H3 is back!".

They're all issues but I think people will make exceptions a little because the gameplay will feel like halo again and the game will work. There's also a good video on youtube showing how Halo 3 plays better on 30fps than 60fps.

There's also a good video on youtube showing how Halo 3 plays better on 30fps than 60fps.

:wutface:

also to the other poster. you could get competitive matches in every playlist but team swat 2k7->2014 for h3. You don't need 20k people to play. technically you only need 8 at best, but really 100 at worst which you'd definitely have for team slayer, dubs, social slayer, lone wolves, mlg, btb. h3 never really needed repopulating until mcc came out. I would put in halo 3 in 2013 and see 30 friends on for halo 3 out of a 100 man friends list. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

also to the other poster. you could get competitive matches in every playlist but team swat 2k7->2014 for h3. You don't need 20k people to play. technically you only need 8 at best, but really 100 at worst which you'd definitely have for team slayer, dubs, social slayer, lone wolves, mlg, btb. h3 never really needed repopulating until mcc came out. I would put in halo 3 in 2013 and see 30 friends on for halo 3 out of a 100 man friends list. 

Oh, yeah I was suprised when I realized I can consistently still find matches in H3 and Reach to this day. I'm not saying H3 is dead, it's just that people are getting excited about a possible huge H3 revival again and it's just deja vu at this point. If anyone wants to play H3, they should undust their 360, not get excited about BC.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have a 360 with Halo 3 and Reach. I don't want to play them anymore. I only played them back in the day because they were "kinda Halo". "Kinda Halo" is much, much easier to get tired of than actual Halo. Even Halo 2 still has some charm to it, and I have a grudge against Halo 2 for throwing out so much of what made Halo 1 amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Couldn't understand half of what either of those two were saying right there but jesus fuck dude who talks to their mom like that. When being edgy and "alpha" goes wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kid needs his Xbox smashed into a few dozen pieces. The mom is in a bad spot because it seems like she's just been giving him constant empty threats and then you end up with shit like that. She cares too much to actually kick him out though because she probably fears what would happen to him. *armchair therapist*

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure I would have gotten the shit beat out of me and deserved it

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't see the big deal with the video. I am almost sure that most of you who played games when you were younger had a couple of arguments with your parents over them. I remember I had them when I was younger. I think the real bitchy and sad thing to do is to record it, and post it online. That is the kind of thing that destroys lives, not an argument. 

I actually do feel sad for him, and he might not realize it yet, but his mother is probably right. Once he is eventually pulled away from the Xbox he is really gonna feel it - speaking from experience. Does he have friends in real life? Has he developed Social Anxiety? Will he develop depression? Do you have any skills at all except playing Halo on the Xbox?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Don't see the big deal with the video. I am almost sure that most of you who played games when you were younger had a couple of arguments with your parents over them. I remember I had them when I was younger. I think the real bitchy and sad thing to do is to record it, and post it online. That is the kind of thing that destroys lives, not an argument.

Holy shit no not like that.

A little whining and cussing under my breath sure. Shortly followed by doing what I was asked.

Screaming like that and repeatedly calling my mom a bitch? Fuck no. Inexcusable.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I actually do feel sad for him, and he might not realize it yet, but his mother is probably right. Once he is eventually pulled away from the Xbox he is really gonna feel it - speaking from experience. Does he have friends in real life? Has he developed Social Anxiety? Will he develop depression? Do you have any skills at all except playing Halo on the Xbox?

Anecdotal but I survived depression, made friends, and developed strong inter-personal skills because of playing games. I was told to get off to do something even though it was a special place for me I'd never dare to argue and act like that. That's just wrong.

Holy shit no not like that.

A little whining and cussing under my breath sure. Shortly followed by doing what I was asked.

Screaming like that and repeatedly calling my mom a bitch? Fuck no. Inexcusable.

Like you said earlier, I would of gotten my ass beaten three different colors of purple.

That's what is being raised now though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's arguing with your parents, and then there's being an ungrateful, disrespectful, whiny little bitch to the people who work full time jobs to support your dumb ass.  This is the latter and several steps beyond "arguing." Do you honestly think this is normal behavior? Why the fuck would anyone feel sorry for him? He's fortunate that his Xbox isn't in multiple pieces at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anecdotal but I survived depression, made friends, and developed strong inter-personal skills because of playing games. I was told to get off to do something even though it was a special place for me I'd never dare to argue and act like that. That's just wrong.

Like you said earlier, I would of gotten my ass beaten three different colors of purple.

That's what is being raised now though.

Playing games is fine and I have done a lot of that but I am almost sure that if you scream like that you play more than you should, to the point where that is everything you do. I don't mean like 2 or 3 hours a day like I am sure most of you do, but 10 hours+ every day, like I am sure this guy does. When games is everything you care about, it is going to bite you in the ass sometime. If you play 10 hours+ a day for years you aren't going to develop any other skill, and It's going to bite him more than it bites anyone else, and that is why I feel sorry for him because he doesn't understand it yet. If you haven't come home every day for years, played until you go to bed, and repeat, you have no idea what I am talking about. Video game addiction is real, and it can be very dangerous. 

http://www.techaddiction.ca/video-game-addiction.html

"Family problems may be the most common difficulty for those who are addicted to video games. Although poor family relationships may increase the likelihood of video game addiction, video game addiction often leads to family conflict"

"As the addiction worsens, video game addicts tend to spend more time playing and less quality time with friends, family, or significant others. The addict may claim that he or she has "lots of friends online" yet still experience loneliness, depression, and social isolation due to the lack of in-person contact with others."

"People struggling with video game addiction may be at a greater risk fordepression, loneliness, social anxiety, anger, and feelings of shame or embarrassment for spending so much time playing games"

Pretty sure his mom is an alcoholic, so before you judge him for the way he acted think about why it might be like that. I can understand him acting like that if that is the case, but if its just because he wanted to stay up and keep playing video games that would make it pretty pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah... IDC. Son lives in a house and has an Xbox. Seems like she's doing enough to provide and deserves none of that from a kid who's primary interest in life is Halo. FOH with that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1