CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yea, and LANs with Xbox Ones that don't lag horribly at anything above 480i.

so 480p cause that's all it supports lol

tqFjnJA.png

Patch should be any day now  :mj:

343 aren't getting a single penny from me anymore. 

nope, its been decided.

I'll stick to whatever I own.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They'd have to make a video game that doesn't suck for me to even entertain the idea and it would still be a no.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll leave this here in case any of you forgot what real halo 2 looks like:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Good shit man.

I don't think I ever played Halo 2 on XBC, only CE. How'd it compare to Live?

Good shit man.

I don't think I ever played Halo 2 on XBC, only CE. How'd it compare to Live?

If everyone was in the same general area it was better than old XBL. Anytime you pinged under 55 to the host player it was better than live.

guessing these clips were from 2014?

h2 xbc was so lit right before mcc dropped. 

guessing these clips were from 2014?

h2 xbc was so lit right before mcc dropped. 

Most are actually from 2012, the pro dubshots in the beginning and a couple others are from 2014 - definitely my favorite era of halo with 2014 xbc.

Would it be possible to XBC over an xbox one, given that halo 2 makes it onto back compat but doesn't incorporate any live features?

xbc is gone. RIP. 

those programs are tunnels so you just need an ethernet port and LAN functionality which is part of the base game so i'd assume you could do it. Tbh i wouldn't play on an xb1 tho. 

xbc is gone. RIP. 

those programs are tunnels so you just need an ethernet port and LAN functionality which is part of the base game so i'd assume you could do it. Tbh i wouldn't play on an xb1 tho. 

you're the one who told me you sold your 360  :thinking:

Would it be possible to XBC over an xbox one, given that halo 2 makes it onto back compat but doesn't incorporate any live features?

It should be possible because 343 said it would be possible but who knows. 

as of right now we only have "xlink kai" and "xlan"

xlink kai is a nightmare to look at, the ui is garbage, and its outdated af, private lobbies are broken, and needs port forwarding. 

xlan has no lobby system and its like 3 months old so it doesnt like to connect people. It uses the h1 discord in my sig to find games. And its exclusively used by the h1 community since h2 are either on h2v or mcc. 

XBC, while not perfect, had a pretty good ui, was straight forward, and it had an excellent lobby system. Along with it's old history meant every1 who stopped playing in 2004, knew about it in 2010 if they wanted to play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It should be possible because 343 said it would be possible but who knows. 

as of right now we only have "xlink kai" and "xlan"

xlink kai is a nightmare to look at, the ui is garbage, and its outdated af, private lobbies are broken, and needs port forwarding. 

xlan has no lobby system and its like 3 months old so it doesnt like to connect people. It uses the h1 discord in my sig to find games. And its exclusively used by the h1 community since h2 are either on h2v or mcc. 

XBC, while not perfect, had a pretty good ui, was straight forward, and it had an excellent lobby system. Along with it's old history meant every1 who stopped playing in 2004, knew about it in 2010 if they wanted to play. 

xlan has a channel listing that shows active channels, does that not fill the lobby system role

only problem is that the lobby system becomes less important for halo 1 since no JIP

xlan has a channel listing that shows active channels, does that not fill the lobby system role

only problem is that the lobby system becomes less important for halo 1 since no JIP

I haven't played on it in maybe 4 weeks so is that new? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played on it in maybe 4 weeks so is that new? 

the latest build of it has it, what build did you last play on

the latest build of it has it, what build did you last play on

seems to be current build so i guess there was just never more than 1 game when i was on :p

seems to be current build so i guess there was just never more than 1 game when i was on :p

ya xlan is not nearly as popular but it is new after all. dunno how to convince people to play it over xlink but the functionality is all there and its simple and easy to set up

I really wish XBC wasn't dead. It felt good to play real Halo in the lead up to MCC.

The one thing I miss about XBC is that you could actually see the ping.  There was no risk of getting matched up with or against some bad kid in a 3rd world country with garbage internet who's life achievement is playing against someone in the US that's actually lanned on an OG xbox.  You could CHOOSE if you wanted to play in lag or not on XBC. In MCC the fail of a company that is 343 doesn't give you a choice to not play in lag. Instead they use the "well it's a smaller community so it's quite possible you'll match up with someone 1000 miles away.

How about actually making a quality port and then the community won't be so small?  Naw, they'd rather lose their player base to COD and Destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing with the Cubans was hella annoying at times, but I'll be honest, I never cared really lol. I used to just play with them regardless of connection because fuck it.. They're still players and they all want to play my favorite game too. Especially during the dead hours and no one wanted to play with them. 

Me and my brother would just be like come on yo, we'll play with you my dudes!

• Upvote (+1) 1

tqFjnJA.png

Patch should be any day now  :mj:

We'll get the patch when we get the next tool album.  In 10000 days.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe 1000 000, actually someone know when?

Frankie said he'd give an explanation "when it's fixed"

aka non-binding wording

aka never

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hello.  I just bought my son a playstation nintendo.  Will I be able to Halo Master Chief Compilation on the playstation nintendo? Will it work?

Let me know.

• Upvote (+1) 2