CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Oh God, don't tell me we're gonna start pretending H3 was ever a good game online now. Please, say it ain't so. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh God, don't tell me we're gonna start pretending H3 was ever a good game online now. Please, say it ain't so.

No it's just better than any game we've had since.
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No it's just better than any game we've had since.

Better game or better online game?

This is important.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Both.

And by better online game you mean?

Cause I'm talking netcode, hit detection, etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

ive had more fun playing halo 3 online than reach-5. So its the better online game. Well its a drastically better game with worse hit reg.

Tho neutral host games in customs were a blast for registration. Its really just host vs non host which is the problem. Tho its similar in reach. Remember the post halo4 reach tournies? There was that one viral vid where the dude quit out since he didnt pull host in a 2v2 tourny. He then pulled in a new box

• Upvote (+1) 4

I gotta agree with him above - whether or not there was inconsistent netcode/hit detection while playing online with H3, it still far surpasses anything that 343 has produced.  I used to have an absolute blast playing H3, ranked, social, customs anything.  Havnt had that with anything that 343 has put out.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Even with terrible netcode I still believe it holds more competitive merit than anything we've had since it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ive had more fun playing halo 3 online than reach-5. So its the better online game. Well its a drastically better game with worse hit reg.

Tho neutral host games in customs were a blast for registration. Its really just host vs non host which is the problem. Tho its similar in reach. Remember the post halo4 reach tournies? There was that one viral vid where the dude quit out since he didnt pull host in a 2v2 tourny. He then pulled in a new box

Without being familiar with the vid, this sounds like a Suddoth move.

??? Having host in H3 was a huge advantage. I'll rather host every single game. In the vid the guys doesn't know where to aim to get the 4shot. You need to aim to the neck.

Halo 2 had better netcode than Halo CE but that doesn't mean Halo 2 was a better game.  ;)

For real though, you can make the claim that Halo 4/5 had have "better" netcodes and hit reg than Halo 3 but Halo 3 was infinitely more fun than either of those two games. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

if your talking about netcode, hit detection and all that online stuff in modern halo, it completely sucks ass in the UK. For me, when I'm playing h5, im constantly warping around the map, it pisses me off half the time.

What game is more broken than one person who gets to enjoy the game properly in one country, and one who can't??

Search times in the UK suck ass too, my internet is brilliant as well. 

btw I heard mcc actually does use dedis, but they only work 20% of the time....

Ya it does use them occasionally. Was searching hardcore, H2 came up and everyone quit out but me and I didn't have host. Felt about the same as a laggy east coast host but at least it was nice to see dedicated servers actually exist. 

Ya it does use them occasionally. Was searching hardcore, H2 came up and everyone quit out but me and I didn't have host. Felt about the same as a laggy east coast host but at least it was nice to see dedicated servers actually exist. 

that's depressing to hear when H2 gets voted and everyone quits

The MCC is meant to be H2A not Halo 3 xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Better online as in "when you play H3 online, you don't get triggered and tilted by the shitty core of the gameplay, bad maps, and terrible matchmaking experience.... as much as H5"

Still rather play MCC.CE

that's depressing to hear when H2 gets voted and everyone quits

The MCC is meant to be H2A not Halo 3 xbox one.

Ya there's a solid group of people who only search hardcore in teams of 4 and dashboard every time H2 gets voted for. Then of course talk shit to my group for voting H2. 

When H3 is backwards compatible that playlist will be interesting. Might get H2 every game or maybe no games at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even with terrible netcode I still believe it holds more competitive merit than anything we've had since it.

Agree to an extend, but Reach v7 was decent and GoldPro > H3 IMO. I'm still sad that MLG went with the 5 shot DMR for v7 when we could've had the glorious 1.2s TTK 4sk DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 4

For real though, you can make the claim that Halo 4/5 had have "better" netcodes and hit reg than Halo 3 but Halo 3 was infinitely more fun than either of those two games. 

If we could have the technical upgrades(physics, UI, hit detection, netcoding, graphics, art style, etc) that Reach offered with Halo 3 gameplay, it would be amazing. As far as technical aspects go, Halo 4 & 5 are huge downgrades from Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we could have the technical upgrades(physics, UI, hit detection, netcoding, graphics, art style, etc) that Reach offered with Halo 3 gameplay, it would be amazing. As far as technical aspects go, Halo 4 & 5 are huge downgrades from Reach.

Especially the UI. Why they decided to change it from the simple, but fantastic one that Reach offered, I'll never know.

Agree to an extend, but Reach v7 was decent and GoldPro > H3 IMO. I'm still sad that MLG went with the 5 shot DMR for v7 when we could've had the glorious 1.2s TTK 4sk DMR.

My biggest problem with Reach v7 and GoldPro was all the forge maps. But the gameplay was great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My biggest problem with Reach v7 and GoldPro was all the forge maps. But the gameplay was great.

Didn't a sniper body shot make you absolute in GoldPro? That wasn't ideal.

Wasn't there supposed to be video of Halo 3 being played on Xbox One backwards compatibility at RTX?

• Upvote (+1) 1