CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What about component cables

Those tube TVs also make the game feel responsive as fuck my guy

Not all TVs had component inputs, especially before flatscreens. 

I know CRTs have great/amazing input lag or lack of input lag but I'd rather play on a nice 1ms LED with 60fps support which it should support since they said backwards compat games would "play better on". Maybe, idk.

All I know is that it would be much easier to get a CE LAN going on the X1 without having to mess with CRTs and finding decent controllers. The last CE LAN I went to we had a few really bad controllers. 

So? Last I checked, you don't sit on them...

in case you wanted to move them about, not pick it up obvs, but to push it into a better spot.

in case you wanted to move them about, not pick it up obvs, but to push it into a better spot.

I've never turned a TV on until it was ALREADY in the right position.

so i play melee,64,halo. all crt games. I go to events with tons of these things. CRTs getting too hot? wtf lol? at worst they've been warm. I think ur crt was just busted lol.

also there are no 1ms monitors. that 1ms advertised is not input lag. Now crts will have anywhere from 0-16ms input lag and monitors will have anywhere from 8-20 (the good ones)

so i play melee,64,halo. all crt games. I go to events with tons of these things. CRTs getting too hot? wtf lol? at worst they've been warm. I think ur crt was just busted lol.

also there are no 1ms monitors. that 1ms advertised is not input lag. Now crts will have anywhere from 0-16ms input lag and monitors will have anywhere from 8-20 (the good ones)

One frame at 60 fps is 16 ms. Anything under 16 ms input lag or under will be equivalent. Which is most computer monitors nowadays.

Crts can have an edge on monitors near that 16 ms input since older games run at a different native resolution and aspect ratio. Those monitors may pass that 16 ms mark from re-scaling and up-scaling. In that sense, it might be more fail-proof to use the crts with the older games for fairness, but not practical.

Also, remember the first HD crts? The lag on them was insane. One of the biggest let downs ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wanted to throw this website out there for anyone to check.

https://displaylag.com/display-database/

They obviously don't have everything or even close to a large amount, but I'd say they cover most brand name top end stuff.

For example here is my monitor currently

2015 27" ASUS MG279Q 1440p 144hz IPS LED FreeSync Monitor 10ms

Not all TVs had component inputs, especially before flatscreens. 

I know CRTs have great/amazing input lag or lack of input lag but I'd rather play on a nice 1ms LED with 60fps support which it should support since they said backwards compat games would "play better on". Maybe, idk.

All I know is that it would be much easier to get a CE LAN going on the X1 without having to mess with CRTs and finding decent controllers. The last CE LAN I went to we had a few really bad controllers. 

I remember playing with it for a series and it was like having H5 aim in CE.

YOU STILL CAUGHT THE HANDS THOUGH

If you like Halo 3 thick trailer park girls and get a hard on just by hearing a john deere tractor start up watch my montage

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok, someone had to think this through and actually had to manually put up the artwork for halo 3, this couldn't have been a placeholder, I think its happening 

Where is that pic from exactly? 

Reddit it is looking like it was fake but who knows anymore hopefully we can get it soon

Here is to hoping this is real and its coming soon.

HhBFYj5.jpg

It's fake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's fake.

Question is, why would someone fake that? Its not worthy enough to go through the effort to be honest. I'm 90% sure its fake but still extremely strange. 

Question is, why would someone fake that? Its not worthy enough to go through the effort to be honest. I'm 90% sure its fake but still extremely strange. 

Karma following the rumours (and by that I mean false hope) that it was going to be backwards compatible as some sort of special E3 announcement to make up for H3A. 

There was a second post on r/halo later in the day that was another fake.

People are weird.

Everything is fake in the halo community at this point

Well, Halo has had a fake developer for quite some time now, so what do you expect?

• Upvote (+1) 6