CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just tried to play co-op halo 2 campaign on mcc with my friend and it was the worst. literally had it crash on us probably 5 times before we got to play and then like 10 min into the mission it crashes again. rip

• Upvote (+1) 1

Woot halo 2 original back compat!

Source?

Because they didn't make H3 backwards compat despite their boasting of 300+ Xbox 360 titles.

I think they're afraid that by even mentioning the old games the topic of MCC will be brought to attention by association.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Source?

Because they didn't make H3 backwards compat despite their boasting of 300+ Xbox 360 titles.

I think they're afraid that by even mentioning the old games the topic of MCC will be brought to attention by association.

no that was my first impression when they said og back compat

It might happen you know, because well...

Halo 2 was the biggest game on that system

• Downvote (-1) 1

The only thing we can really go off of is their comment that the games you already purchased on 360 that were backwards compatible will transfer over. I purchased Halo CE on Xbox 360, was Halo 2 available for digital purchase as well?

The only thing we can really go off of is their comment that the games you already purchased on 360 that were backwards compatible will transfer over. I purchased Halo CE on Xbox 360, was Halo 2 available for digital purchase as well?

Nope.

no, but maybe they *could* grant you a license if you have played h2v. 

So E3 Came and went.

MCC isnt getting fixed

No H3A

No Backwards compatibility.

Yall have fun with H6

• Upvote (+1) 5

So E3 Came and went.

MCC isnt getting fixed

No H3A

Yall have fun with H6

What I don't get is why is Phil Spencer still sticking with 343 for Halo? After Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5, is it not yet crystal clear to him how incompetent this developer is? How rock bottom does Halo have to hit until he wakes up and makes some moves? It's the 10 year anniversary of Halo 3, the most popular game in Xbox history. Xbox One X is coming out later this year. Here is an idea. Develop an amazing Halo 3 Anniversary edition and watch Xbox One X sell millions. Oh well, good luck selling a $500 console with no game to look forward to.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no ambitious launch title for xbox one x, it won't sell as good as expected.

I thought for sure that Microsoft was releasing the Xbox one X to maintain their player base and slow the transition to PC. I was hopeful that it would work out. But looking at the games that will be available for it upon release, it looks like studios don't care about making their blockbuster exclusives for the xbox. Microsoft was too little too late. 

The games at E3 looked boring. Graphically they looked unaspiring. Personally I was expecting the hardware to operate at a capacity that maintained much greater graphical fidelity. The controllers are still the same. Cheap. The required 4k rendering and 1080 supersampling is idiotic. The cheesy upsell of it all was embarrassing. 

The only things Microsoft has left for them is the size of the new box, the convenience, and most importantly, the ignorance and inexperience of those who think the xbox  is a great gaming machine.

I'll always be a console peasant at heart, but the xbox is done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought for sure that Microsoft was releasing the Xbox one X to maintain their player base and slow the transition to PC. I was hopeful that it would work out. But looking at the games that will be available for it upon release, it looks like studios don't care about making their blockbuster exclusives for the xbox. Microsoft was too little too late. 

The games at E3 looked boring. Graphically they looked unaspiring. Personally I was expecting the hardware to operate at a capacity that maintained much greater graphical fidelity. The controllers are still the same. Cheap. The required 4k rendering and 1080 supersampling is idiotic. The cheesy upsell of it all was embarrassing. 

The only things Microsoft has left for them is the size of the new box, the convenience, and most importantly, the ignorance and inexperience of those who think the xbox  is a great gaming machine.

I'll always be a console peasant at heart, but the xbox is done.

Original xbox backwards compatibility means a lot to me tho.

I might get it in like 2 years, if there is a great exclusive  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So E3 Came and went.

MCC isnt getting fixed

No H3A

Yall have fun with H6

where did you get this info? because this image suggests otherwise

as you can see halo 1 and halo 2 are spotted in front of the left tv

gWNqxpm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if H1 and H2 are backwards compatible with the XB1 and the new Xbox console, what would be the point if there's no online feature?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even if H1 and H2 are backwards compatible with the XB1 and the new Xbox console, what would be the point if there's no online feature?

Because you will be able to lan them in their original form on new equipment and not fucking 15 year tube tvs and old dusty og boxes.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because you will be able to lan them in their original form on new equipment and not fucking 15 year tube tvs and old dusty og boxes.

the only thing appealing to me is that maybe offhost might be better for CE, a bigger player pool, and there will be better recording software available (heck cant you just stream str8 from the xbox). However, talking timer, no weapon switching sounds, and the smaller sound distance is appealing enough to me to just use the og boxes. You would be able to hear where players spawn on priz and chillout. I'm sitting o3 on priz at 1:50, enemy is on spawn. I can literally hear both of them spawn o1 and we can just stare at the exit or chuck nades for free rockets. Same thing is also just as annoying on other maps. Sit top elbow and you can hear if they spawn shotguns sniper or green on dammy. Teammate could be first leg by portal and hear red spawns. That shit aint halo to me. 

You can hear about twice as far away on the 360 compared to the OG box. I imagine it will be the same as MCC CE in terms of sound whoring. 

For h2, there's basically no cons. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good thing there's a huge tournament LAN scene for CE and H2 amirite!

Good thing there's a huge tournament LAN scene for CE and H2 amirite!

does xbc still work? i could totally see microsoft setting up some sort of server browser through system link or just turning on xbox live for og xbox games again but on xbox one servers instead

does xbc still work? i could totally see microsoft setting up some sort of server browser through system link or just turning on xbox live for og xbox games again but on xbox one servers instead

They can't just "turn on" OG Xbox servers because they literally do not exist anymore lol

They can't just "turn on" OG Xbox servers because they literally do not exist anymore lol

what i mean is couldn't they just add the og xbox bc games to the current Xbox one servers or set up some sort of server browser through system link similar to how xbc was set up?

also are there any alternatives to xbc? or xlink kai?

Oh my fucking god you just made me realize that. I would love that so much! 

The worst part about any CE LAN is the tube TVs and crappy composite video connection. S-Video makes it look better but it lags way more. 

The hardcores will always prefer all-original hardware for input lag/purity reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh my fucking god you just made me realize that. I would love that so much!

The worst part about any CE LAN is the tube TVs and crappy composite video connection. S-Video makes it look better but it lags way more.

What about component cables

Those tube TVs also make the game feel responsive as fuck my guy

• Upvote (+1) 2