CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yea because they said they opened MM to allow you to match any rank. Idk why people still come here and talk about how unbalanced the ranks are when they play, it's been like this for close to a year now.

Because the population is that low. That's the point. Why you mad?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not? It's just a redundant statement at this point. Ranks don't mean anything. Theres no SBMM so why even use that as proof of low pop?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

At least you can find games, every time i try to play MCC i just wait in queue for 20 minutes and desist.

Yea because they said they opened MM to allow you to match any rank. Idk why people still come here and talk about how unbalanced the ranks are when they play, it's been like this for close to a year now.

It was like this from the jump

"You still play Halo?!"

"Nah I hate Halo. It takes too long to kill people."

"I quit when Reach came out."

Those are the ones I get.

• Upvote (+1) 8

"You still play Halo?!"

I am the lone holdout in a group of like a half dozen people that i played with for yeaaars that still plays H5.  Every once in a while i'll convince them to get on and they inevitably leave to play MCC or MWR within a couple games.  Most common complaints are sprint, spartan charge, bullet hoses and how mechanically complicated the game is.

The thing is, as someone who plays it regularly the mechanical complication is at the bottom of that list of my complaints.... But for them it's the single most annoying thing.  And these are guys (well 2 of them anyway lol) that are really good at proper halo's and significantly better than me at CE - Reach.  They can actually shoot.  I can only imagine how off-putting the mechanical complication is for new players.

• Upvote (+1) 7

How are ranks awarded in MCC even?

Elo?

Trueskill?

EXP?

GAME TIME?!

I feel like people who just play more get better ranks...

I am the lone holdout in a group of like a half dozen people that i played with for yeaaars that still plays H5. Every once in a while i'll convince them to get on and they inevitably leave to play MCC or MWR within a couple games. Most common complaints are sprint, spartan charge, bullet hoses and how mechanically complicated the game is.

The thing is, as someone who plays it regularly the mechanical complication is at the bottom of that list of my complaints.... But for them it's the single most annoying thing. And these are guys (well 2 of them anyway lol) that are really good at proper halo's and significantly better than me at CE - Reach. They can actually shoot. I can only imagine how off-putting the mechanical complication is for new players.

I tried bringing in 3 new players from my squad at my last unit. None of them stuck with it. It was just too complicated, and the visual similarities to CoD do a lot more to confuse and frustrate players than they do to offer familiarity. Binding zoom to L trigger by default had them zooming in like they would in CoD for every fight. I had to teach them when to zoom in and trust their hip fire. That's just one example. The confusion goes far deeper.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I tried bringing in 3 new players from my squad at my last unit. None of them stuck with it. It was just too complicated, and the visual similarities to CoD do a lot more to confuse and frustrate players than they do to offer familiarity. Binding zoom to L trigger by default had them zooming in like they would in CoD for every fight. I had to teach them when to zoom in and trust their hip fire. That's just one example. The confusion goes far deeper.

Yeah, the fact that the "Default" control settings have LT as Zoom pisses me off so much.  Way more than it should.

I do play on helljumper myself so i do zoom with LT, but i already had the background to know not to zoom if i have RR.  Playing with RS as zoom for a noob would make that distinction easier to grasp.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In H2 and H3, I had 100 friends on my list at all times and usually an upwards of 40-50 friends online at a time.

In Halo Reach, 4, and 5.. I'll be lucky to see 5 of my friends on Halo at any given moment. Most of my "Day 1" Halo friends don't even own Xboxes anymore because Halo was the only reason they owned it to begin with.

"You still play Halo?!"

In person, this is also the one I get.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At least you can find games, every time i try to play MCC i just wait in queue for 20 minutes and desist.

It shouldn't take you that long to find a match in any playlist.  If you start searching and nothing comes up after about 5 minutes then you just need to reset your build.  And make sure everyone in your party does the same.  

How are ranks awarded in MCC even?

Elo?

Trueskill?

EXP?

GAME TIME?!

I feel like people who just play more get better ranks...

It's only based on wins and losses my man.  It usually takes anywhere from 4-5 wins to rank up to the next level.  Now the rank of your opponent does matter; if you're beating players with a lower level than yourself, it's gonna take more wins compared to if you are gaining winning exp from beating higher ranked opponents.  This is true until you hit 48 and 49 where it takes about 10 wins in a row to rank up.

I am the lone holdout in a group of like a half dozen people that i played with for yeaaars that still plays H5.  Every once in a while i'll convince them to get on and they inevitably leave to play MCC or MWR within a couple games.  Most common complaints are sprint, spartan charge, bullet hoses and how mechanically complicated the game is.

The thing is, as someone who plays it regularly the mechanical complication is at the bottom of that list of my complaints.... But for them it's the single most annoying thing.  And these are guys (well 2 of them anyway lol) that are really good at proper halo's and significantly better than me at CE - Reach.  They can actually shoot.  I can only imagine how off-putting the mechanical complication is for new players.

I hadn't been able to really describe what is about the fives gameplay that puts me off but mechanical complication is exactly what it is for me and I feel I have played much more mechanic heavy games but the mechanics in five are just so off putting, after all the dumb shit I have to do to compete in a one on one fight in five none of it is as satisfying as a simple one on one with your gun and your strafe from past games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just running the flag is a senseless button mashing fest in the 5. I still try to drop the flag with RT and now all I achieve is showing up on radar bc of the Flagnum lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I honestly think the mechanics in Halo 5 are one of its strong points. I'm not really an advocate for sprint or spartan charge, but Shottzy does some neat shit, despite it being excessive at times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly think the mechanics in Halo 5 are one of its strong points. I'm not really an advocate for sprint or spartan charge, but Shottzy does some neat shit, despite it being excessive at times.

Halo has always lacked good movement tech outside of crouch jumping which does very little for the game. Halo 5 changes that but does so in the worst imaginable way possible. The halo 5 movement is easily the worst thing about the game

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo has always lacked good movement tech outside of crouch jumping which does very little for the game. Halo 5 changes that but does so in the worst imaginable way possible. The halo 5 movement is easily the worst thing about the game

That's the one thing I really like about halo 5, besides the pistol, is the movement tech.I'm still salty about super slide and fast fall's removal.

The only thing about the movement I despise is spartan charge being a thing. Everything else is extremely fluid. I've been playing heavily since CE, and I still love the playstyle from CE-3, but it actually feels weird to go back now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing about the movement I despise is spartan charge being a thing. Everything else is extremely fluid. I've been playing heavily since CE, and I still love the playstyle from CE-3, but it actually feels weird to go back now.

Well yeah, those games dont have sprint so you actually get punished for bad decisions.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1