CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm gonna bet Multi's source is right and MCC Relaunch with H3A is "a little something" that Sketch mentioned. The way they keep on denying H3A feels like a troll way to surprise people.

I've already commented on this before. But the contractors I used to talk to semi regularly, at the time, told me they were working on Halo 3 assets, and that was that. I reached out to them more recently after half of 343 denied it and they never responded to me so take that as you will.

I firmly believe that H3A was in works at one point and was scrapped, honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I firmly believe that H3A was in works at one point and was scrapped, honestly.

Well, we will find out next month at E3, where they would announce it if it's coming. Half of me really wants H3A and the other half doesn't because I know 343 will fuck it up like everything else they've done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's either a H3A styled H5 map pack (like CEA was for Reach, but this time with some weapons *H3 sniper pls*), or as Multi said they started working on H3A and realized they couldn't finish in time and the whole thing was scrapped. Scenarios like H3 coming to PC or anything MCC-related just seem so stupid even for 343 that I don't think it's possible.

H3A is honestly a matter of when, not if. They're missing the ten year anniversary because of MCC (despite how it turned out). As @Moses keeps saying, it's gonna come eventually, the soonest probably on the 15th year anniversary.

The little something they're showing at E3 will probably be nothing more than HW2 DLC or the H3 themed update.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think I remember reading someone on here postulate that 343 purposely messed up the CE port onto MCC because it is a game that doesn't align with their design philosophy.  At first it seems like a crazy conspiracy, but would it really be that shocking if it were true? I mean, would they intentionally do it? Probably not, but why fix something that you don't really want people to like anyways?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think I remember reading someone on here postulate that 343 purposely messed up the CE port onto MCC because it is a game that doesn't align with their design philosophy. At first it seems like a crazy conspiracy, but would really be that shocking if it were true? I mean would they intentionally do it?.. Probably not, but why fix something that you don't really want people to like anyways.l

Yeah if there was a working CE port with a full set of playlists (2s,4s,FFA,BTB) with the H2 ranking system they promised and the H3 progression added on top it would be way harder for them to sell their Call of Space Marine games. You can't tell me there wasn't at least some incentive to leave MCC in a broken state, give up on updates and move on asap for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think I remember reading someone on here postulate that 343 purposely messed up the CE port onto MCC because it is a game that doesn't align with their design philosophy.  At first it seems like a crazy conspiracy, but would really be that shocking if it were true? I mean would they intentionally do it?.. Probably not, but why fix something that you don't really want people to like anyways.l

All Halo 1 re-releases have used the same botched Gearbox code from 2003. The original, groundbreaking, award-winning console code has not been touched since 2001. It's not much different from those games that used the GoldenEye name but had little to do with THAT original, groundbreaking, award-winning game. Or even the Star Wars special editions.

If you want to keep milking something, you have to keep them wanting. So trade on the name, not the product.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All Halo 1 re-releases have used the same botched Gearbox code from 2003. The original, groundbreaking, award-winning console code has not been touched since 2001. It's not much different from those games that used the GoldenEye name but had little to do with THAT original, groundbreaking, award-winning game. Or even the Star Wars special editions.

If you want to keep milking something, you have to keep them wanting. So trade on the name, not the product.

What are the big differences between the console and PC version of CE?

Uhhh lol?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1377114

Greetings from Microsoft Studios User Research!

As a valued member of our community, we would love to get your feedback on Halo: The Master Chief Collection! The survey should take about 5 minutes.

Please note that this survey is only open to those ages 13 and over, and must be completed before Friday, May 26th, 2017 at 5:00 PM PDT.

If you would like to participate, click the link below:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Uhhh lol?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1377114

"Greetings from Microsoft Studios User Research!

As a valued member of our community, we would love to get your feedback on Halo: The Master Chief Collection! The survey should take about 5 minutes.

Please note that this survey is only open to those ages 13 and over, and must be completed before Friday, May 26th, 2017 at 5:00 PM PDT.

If you would like to participate, click the link below:"

Furiously checks email.

Definitely interesting to see this come out for a game that for the most part has been given up on.

What are the big differences between the console and PC version of CE?

Some missing visual effects, big ugly symbol next to the health gauge in multi, some multi maps have changed geometry (base windows in Battle Creek, teleporters in Sidewinder, trench in Hang 'em High). Plus a bunch of little things:

http://halobugs.com/#?s=most_recent?v=halo_pce

I've played it, and visuals/networking aside, it doesn't feel right. Could be a lot of things. Controls, animation speeds, frame pacing, FoV, I'm not totally sure. It's the same feel I get between Perfect Dark XBLA and Perfect Dark N64, though the gap is bigger in that case.

Two and a half years later we're finally going to own up to what we did.

H3A isn't really an attempt at making amends they were going do that anyways. Re Release the game.

you lot heard about xenia, the xbox emulator that's been in development for the last..... decade probably, and hasn't got anywhere?

Some guy on reddit said that they have made a lot of progress recently, so I got interested in it again.

Check out their website

http://xenia.jp/

Here's is how oblivion runs on the xenia emulator, pretty good imo, and this was posted recently as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you lot heard about xenia, the xbox emulator that's been in development for the last..... decade probably, and hasn't got anywhere?

Some guy on reddit said that they have made a lot of progress recently, so I got interested in it again.

Check out their website

Here's is how oblivion runs on the xenia emulator, pretty good imo, and this was posted recently as well.

god bless theres not even an xbox emulator yet

So potentially something happening with MCC this year.  Not getting my hopes up or anything... BUT ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So potentially something happening with MCC this year.  Not getting my hopes up or anything... BUT ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Sez who?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Check out their website

The thing is that the Xbox 360 is still a fairly active, online-enabled platform. It doesn't need an emulator yet. The original Xbox, on the other hand, is dead as a doornail and replete with classic exclusives that have either never been ported or poorly ported (you know what and by whom).

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i keep searching with friends and we keep getting split up on different teams. I remember this happening at launch the game is falling apart more and more issues keep coming back from launch.  :weback:

H3A simply makes too much sense for them to never do. It is one of the biggest games of all time, a company like M$ knows that, and they won't pass up the opportunity to make easy money, by simply recreating/remastering it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1