CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Woah this is pretty sick. Looks sort of like a real life H1 Magnum:

boberg_xr9s_shorty_subcompact_pistol_1.j

Looks cool, but that thing looks small, even for a handgun. I bet it's maybe a good 1/4 the size.

Looks cool, but that thing looks small, even for a handgun. I bet it's maybe a good 1/4 the size.

Yeah its tiny. First time I saw a pistol with the same overall shape tho. I kinda want to get it lol

If there ever was a time to copy what cod (ww2) is doing....now is the time. Boots on the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know a one handed player that has better aim than that.

For those who are a bit newer to the competitive Halo scene, this is actually true. In fact, there is a guy who played Halo 2 with one arm who is absolutely better than the majority of this board, myself included.

Skip to 3:25 in this video and check out his version of "clawing" called "the spider". You'll see in this montage that he's doing button combos on skilled players. There's a few clips in there that aren't like super super impressive, but are on top pros like Walshy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udalngUMHNI

Was qsk that quad shotting clan or whatever?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So my brother has just had a child, which means a trip back to my home town this weekend, which means IMPROMTU CE LAN!  

It will also be amazing to see my new niece as well

nice avatar, have an upvote you filthy animal 

• Upvote (+1) 3

They made quality H2 montages.  I think quad shotting is just part of being a strong player.

At what point does a "mod" become its own game? I'm not sure about the laws in regards to this. Iike if you took CE, changed the textures, sounds, models etc,  but the gameplay was relatively the same, except for some minor changes, would that still be considered a Mod, and therefore you couldn't actually sell it? Anyone know how that works exactly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

stood for quick scope kings, was basically a forum community/clan.

Did great, great montages

• Upvote (+1) 1

At what point does a "mod" become its own game? I'm not sure about the laws in regards to this. Iike if you took CE, changed the textures, sounds, models etc,  but the gameplay was relatively the same, except for some minor changes, would that still be considered a Mod, and therefore you couldn't actually sell it? Anyone know how that works exactly?

Yes, it would still be a mod. SPV3, for example, uses surprisingly little original CE content, and it also uses OpenSauce, which injects the Halo Editing Kit and Halo executable with new features. It is still using the blam! engine, however, which is owned by Microsoft. To get the right to make/sell a game with the blam! engine, you need to get a license from Microsoft, similar to what Stubbs the Zombie and the Shadowrun Prototype did.

In the case of fangames written in other engines, but still using Halo assets, those are also not allowed to be monetized.

stood for quick scope kings, was basically a forum community/clan.

Did great, great montages

Iirc there was a clan that went around claiming to be the best quaders or something, think their name was an abbreviation. I really dont remember.

Realistically what are the chances of a H3A announcement?

Statistically speaking, 50/50.

The announcement for it (or lack of announcement) will be at E3, guaranteed. There's no way they wouldn't use that platform to get it across.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still think H3A will happen. Its a no brainer. People want it and it'll bring in a good amount of money for 343.

How has there not been one person, at a gaming event or tournament or ANYTHING - who has not gone up to a 343 employee and politely asked them on camera, "Whats going on with the MCC?"

How?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Realistically what are the chances of a H3A announcement?

0% this year

Maybe for the 15 year anniversary