CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Someone has got to explain the CE playlist to me. I get 3 shot 99% of the time and my shots do nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone has got to explain the CE playlist to me. I get 3 shot 99% of the time and my shots do nothing.

worse your connection -> greater your shots connect/connect when they shouldnt + the less you are able to be hit.

better your connection -> easier you are to hit + harder it is for your shots to get the "netcode leeway"

this was the reason a halo ce vet was banned from some tournies. He couldnt afford internet so he went on shitty wifi in order to play in tournies and would become god online. 

This makes sense now cause I have Google Fiber. 

worse your connection -> greater your shots connect/connect when they shouldnt + the less you are able to be hit.

better your connection -> easier you are to hit + harder it is for your shots to get the "netcode leeway"

this was the reason a halo ce vet was banned from some tournies. He couldnt afford internet so he went on shitty wifi in order to play in tournies and would become god online. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Well if they remove sprint you'll be able to get around the maps much faster because you won't have to slow down to shoot constantly. Because of the maps being stretched to support sprint the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B in Halo 5 while sprinting is about the same amount of time that it took in the classic games where you couldn't sprint. The only difference is that now in Halo 5 you have to slow down to shoot while in the classics you could keep the same speed.

Instead of thinking of it as removing sprint, think of it as letting you sprint all the time." /u/ardusk on Reddit.

I've seen him post this a few times now. IMO, a short and sweet reply to the endless Sprint arguments that drives in all the points of no Sprint gameplay. The "think of it as sprinting all the time" pretty much blows pro-sprint brains up lol.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Didn't they also "fix" the ce pistol in the pc port which is the version used for mcc?

I know a one handed player that has better aim than that.

For those who are a bit newer to the competitive Halo scene, this is actually true. In fact, there is a guy who played Halo 2 with one arm who is absolutely better than the majority of this board, myself included.

Skip to 3:25 in this video and check out his version of "clawing" called "the spider". You'll see in this montage that he's doing button combos on skilled players. There's a few clips in there that aren't like super super impressive, but are on top pros like Walshy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udalngUMHNI

Poor guy probably tried to play Halo 5 for one game and gave up, can't even do it with two hands lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gears. I've always wondered how that game would play without sprint

Well Gears is a TPS and thats a different animal as far as im concerned but probably better unless u can explain to my how more effective strafing and  in depth movement would hurt the game(maybe change it but not necessarily for the worse)Sprint and ADS are the worst fkn mechanics ever to start your FPS with if your looking to build an original, skilled, in depth FPS with weapon and map variety. Pretty much guarantees a mediocrity cap for competitive playa nd all the "REALIZM" "IMMERSION" fanboys will ruin the game one way or another. Ha! Its the sickest joke in gaming all these COD fanboys say they play it for its "REALIZM"(or whatever they are selling them now i lost track after CoD 4) but if you stuck them in a real tactical FPS sim like Rainbow Six 3 their ADD would kick in after 1.5 secs of not seeing constant flashes on their screen and say "this isn't real like COD wherez my iron-sights? "Why cant I sprint this game is old" "Why is this game so slow" this isn't made up either look at the comments the Red Orchestra dev made when doing play-testing with actual CoD players!

Disgraceful and sickening this genre is and the way the rest of the non-Military shooter crowd has been neglected by AAA FPS gaming for years and forced into niches and small indie-only titles. Think about it...95 percent of the FPS genre has been ignored for the better part of the last decade, there is almost ZERO new non-Military FPS being produced by AAA gaming. While the shitty military clone 5 percent that the bros and casual exclusively play make up 95 percent of the AAA FPS being produced! Its absolute madness and has killed all the potential for creativity and new IP's in the genre! Nobody at the top has the balls to actually do anything about it so the joke just keeps on rolling and the FPS keeps on getting further recycled in its mediocre state of generic shit!

• Upvote (+1) 8

"Well if they remove sprint you'll be able to get around the maps much faster because you won't have to slow down to shoot constantly. Because of the maps being stretched to support sprint the amount of time it takes to get from point A to point B in Halo 5 while sprinting is about the same amount of time that it took in the classic games where you couldn't sprint. The only difference is that now in Halo 5 you have to slow down to shoot while in the classics you could keep the same speed.

Instead of thinking of it as removing sprint, think of it as letting you sprint all the time." /u/ardusk on Reddit.

I've seen him post this a few times now. IMO, a short and sweet reply to the endless Sprint arguments that drives in all the points of no Sprint gameplay. The "think of it as sprinting all the time" pretty much blows pro-sprint brains up lol.

What happens if you have ******** people who just randomly give something completely different and say "sprint adds variety"... 

Sprint arguments don't end, only one person just stops responding, either due to being sad, or ********.

Around 10 seconds team mate goes from blue to red i think

Yep as soon as he looks at him teammate he changes colors

Brilliant halo community we have

Nobody in real life would be able to sprint in such heavy armor anyways. HCE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are much, much more realistic than everything after.

Nobody in real life would be able to sprint in such heavy armor anyways. HCE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are much, much more realistic than everything after.

But they won't care because we are nostalgia-blinded bungie cucks

A genetically enhanced super-soldier with a direct scope-helmet connection still needs to lower his gun to run a little faster in the year 2553. Of course. But these 343 drones still resort to "realism" to back up their beloved CoD mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's almost like video games were made to escape realism, not 100% exactly emulate it errrrmawwwwwgawd

Don't be ridiculous. All FPS games should be realistic like Call of Duty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Master chief is a super soldier/human yet cant shoot and run at the same time lmao. Even i, a peasant, can run and shoot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't worry, Frankie will be by soon with a full explanation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you still LAN at all?

Someone waypoint right now is trying to seriously argue with me that people barely ever used the ar in CE.. Despite me showing him a video of the beach lan........Edit:I hate auto correct.

• Upvote (+1) 2