CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

sdNAsHF.gif

Never forget that the needler in halo 1 is quite literally the worst weapon ever designed in a video game

H2C pistol is worse.  At least Needler kills the Sentinels in single player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just an FYI for the folks, money 8s is a term that was coined in the CoD community for quite some time. It only recently translated over to Halo. 

In CoD doing "pick up game" money matches were prevalent and you'd see lots of pros teaming up with decent AMs for these. They were actually pretty dope to watch back in Black Ops 2.

Have you guys ever heard of a modded version of halo 2 where the FOV is widened and the bullet magnetism is completely gone and there is very small reticle magnetism (1/4 from the original game)?

Here is some footage. 

Can't turn a whore into a virgin

• Upvote (+1) 8

sdNAsHF.gif

Never forget that the needler in halo 1 is quite literally the worst weapon ever designed in a video game

Remove the firing sound and I'm convinced it's usable.

Remove the firing sound and I'm convinced it's usable.

I also think that one of the reasons the Needler is so useless in H1 is because the Master Chief can actually move.  The base speed for your spartan is actually rapid and responsive so you can dodge projectiles as opposed to let's say vanilla H3 Chief or Reach's Noble 6.

sdNAsHF.gif

Why is it locking onto a team mate LMAO

Well, I'll consider that karma for calling himself @@MultiLockOn.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Unless if sets off all the grenades around you and causes you to go back 20 minutes.

Accidents like that don't happen often enough to make me angry at the game.

Trying to enjoy what I can out of this game recently. Started playing a few games here and there after not playing for at least a year, and having not played Halo 5 for several months. Man, playing anything in Halo 1-3 really makes you realize how much of a crutch Thrust is. I never really thought Thrust was that egregious in the Halo 5 sandbox, but going back to classic Halo after not playing it for so long with H5 being my most recent experience, it's kind of changing my mind. Caught myself just out of muscle memory trying to thrust out of danger in my first few games... it's refreshing having to really consider every move I make, if it's worth being exposed to push into an area, if I can get away with poking out to get an extra shot in, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why do you hate innovation?

It's because I'm a bungie cock sucker, and I hate 343 to death and bash them all day and circlejerk the first 3 halo's.

I live a sad life.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I put Anti-sprint guy in my flair and now I get downvoted in pretty all my posts now on r/halo lol

You trying to move in on my territory? Ive been ant-sprint/ADS since the early./mid 2000's when the military shooter clones started overtaking the AAA FPS genre and I haven't changed my mind once since! Seriously name a good competitive shooter with sprint/and or ADS as a prominent mechanic? If u can, explain to me how it wouldn't be better without those mechanics restricting the games skillgap, player agility(aka no circle-strafing), depth, and weapon variety. Ex: See Rainbow Six 1-3 vs RS:Vegas. Ill wait...

• Upvote (+1) 5

You trying to move in on my territory? Ive been ant-sprint/ADS since the early./mid 2000's when the military shooter clones started overtaking the AAA FPS genre and I haven't changed my mind once since! Seriously name a good competitive shooter with sprint/and or ADS as a prominent mechanic? If u can, explain to me how it wouldn't be better without those mechanics restricting the games skillgap, player agility(aka no circle-strafing), depth, and weapon variety. Ex: See Rainbow Six 1-3 vs RS:Vegas. Ill wait...

Gears. I've always wondered how that game would play without sprint

• Upvote (+1) 1

this?

As fun as the mod looks, you can tell this guy was no CE player haha. The aim on this guy lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As fun as the mod looks, you can tell this guy was no CE player haha. The aim on this guy lol.

It's like he is playing this with one hand, trying to balance his time use on the left stick and right stick.

It's like he is playing this with one hand, trying to balance his time use on the left stick and right stick.

I know a one handed player that has better aim than that.

For those who are a bit newer to the competitive Halo scene, this is actually true. In fact, there is a guy who played Halo 2 with one arm who is absolutely better than the majority of this board, myself included.

Skip to 3:25 in this video and check out his version of "clawing" called "the spider". You'll see in this montage that he's doing button combos on skilled players. There's a few clips in there that aren't like super super impressive, but are on top pros like Walshy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know a one handed player that has better aim than that.

For those who are a bit newer to the competitive Halo scene, this is actually true. In fact, there is a guy who played Halo 2 with one arm who is absolutely better than the majority of this board, myself included.

Skip to 3:25 in this video and check out his version of "clawing" called "the spider". You'll see in this montage that he's doing button combos on skilled players. There's a few clips in there that aren't like super super impressive, but are on top pros like Walshy.

Wow that's old school!  He also released an H3 montage as well:

• Upvote (+1) 1