CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ya know when I asked that guy a few days after he said he was doing modeling work for H3A. I asked him another time about a month after if there's anything new going on he could tell me and he said nothing. I emailed him again a month ago and got no response.

He's got no reason to lie to me and I've got no reason not to trust him given our past but I admit a huge part of me even thinks H3A isn't happening given all the comments we've received this year. I dunno, maybe they started it and scrapped it. It seems odd that they wouldn't do the 3rd game of the trilogy, the BIGGEST one and just stop there no matter how bad the circumstances around it were.

So idk man, I'm not even expecting an H3A at this point, but I do believe they were doing it at one point in time

It could be that they want to stay tight lipped about it so that they can make a huge announcement at E3. If they do H3A, I'd really like it to be a stand alone game and not attached to MCC. MCC is so fucked, they should just re-do the entire game. But we all know how 343 operates. I bet they do a half assed H3A(like H2A) and re-launch MCC with it, while not addressing any of the current issues affecting MCC.

Wish we could get h2 tournaments like the h3 one.

I'd love an OG H2 LAN tourny but I just don't think its feasible. Everyone I try to talk to about it never responds. Eventually I'll figure out a way to get it going myself probably. But that wouldn't happen for awhile most likely.

As far as online goes, I've never played it to know how true to the original it is or know how legitimate it is but theres that project cartographer game on PC.

You don't need XBC anymore.  Although it is a shitty, broken port, MCC is still the most reliable and convenient way to play H2.  Pretty much all of the games best players moved away from XBC and any form of H2 Vista/PC and play on MCC now,  The community is there, there are a lot of good 4v4 teams that play often and would compete in an online event.  Just need to the money to incentivize the good players to take a day out of their lives to compete for the community.

xbc comunnity was just bigger and it was easier to find and join games. Wish someone would write up a good tunnel system. kai is pretty bad

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love an OG H2 LAN tourny but I just don't think its feasible. Everyone I try to talk to about it never responds. Eventually I'll figure out a way to get it going myself probably. But that wouldn't happen for awhile most likely.

As far as online goes, I've never played it to know how true to the original it is or know how legitimate it is but theres that project cartographer game on PC.

There are LAN tournaments for H2 from time to time, but you're right I don't think it's feasible.  Now although MCC is not a perfect port and does have its in game bugs & issues; it works well enough to run an online tournament.  There are people who run competitive 4v4s almost everyday, so the player base and demand for higher competition in H2 is certainty there, someone just has to put up the money for it.  And lastly, Project Cartographer wouldn't be the answer you're looking for in this case.  It is a really cool looking mod similar to SPV3, Installation 01, and Halo Online but it is not going to have button glitches and all the other neat little things that makes H2 unique.  

xbc comunnity was just bigger and it was easier to find and join games. Wish someone would write up a good tunnel system. kai is pretty bad

Honestly I don't think the H2 XBC community was larger than the current H2 MCC community.  I think the players that were on XBC from 2009-2014 were very loyal to the game, but if you take everyone that plays H2 customs and matchmaking on MCC I feel like that number is much larger.  I just don't believe that going back to a tunneling system like XBC or Xlink Kai would be the solution here.  Although yes you are right it was easier to find games on XBC, I think MCC is the current standard for H2 players right now.

So which version of halo 3 do they use for the ranked playlist,mlg or normal?

In the normal H3 playlist it is vanilla settings but in the Hardcore playlist it is the 2010 v8 MLG settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are LAN tournaments for H2 from time to time, but you're right I don't think it's feasible.  Now although MCC is not a perfect port and does have it's in game bugs & issues; it works well enough to run an online tournament.  There are people who run competitive 4v4s almost everyday, so the player base and demand for higher competition in H2 is certainty there, someone just has to put up the money for it.  And lastly, Project Cartographer wouldn't be the answer you're looking for in this case.  It is a really cool looking mod similar to SPV3, Installation 01, and Halo Online but it is not going to have button glitches and all the other neat little things that makes H2 unique.  

Honestly I don't think the H2 XBC community was larger than the current H2 MCC community.  I think the players that were on XBC from 2009-2014 were very loyal to the game, but if you take everyone that plays H2 customs and matchmaking on MCC I feel like that number is much larger.  I just don't believe that going back to a tunneling system like XBC or Xlink Kai would be the solution here.  Although yes you are right it was easier to find games on XBC, I think MCC is the current standard for H2 players right now.

Really confused right now. I assume you guys talking are talking about Project Contingency, the upcoming fangame built in Unreal? Project "Cartographer" is a mod for Halo 2 Vista that allows you to play online and bypass the horrific DRM (button glitches included and encouraged, btw). I don't know how the population compares to MCC, but its still quite significant, and there's plenty of options for competitive. I also don't think you're referring to Project Cartographer, a different fan game maybe being built by some guy.

I don't know if it'll be the "future" of the Halo + Halo 2 scene, but I look forward to the day that consistent Xbox emulation becomes a reality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just need some online tournaments honestly. To get people playing agaim. Then we can worry about a Lan. If we could get enough people for a online h2 league that would be sick.

bdba6ab8-f943-4888-a96e-7dae6e9495dc_Thu

Am i the only one that gets triggered when its basically "whose teammate dies more"

These people dont even pull out their pistol half the time...

BUT LORD CHRIST IF YOU TOUCH SNIPER THEY WILL BETRAY YOU

• Upvote (+1) 5

Random game dev question (didn't know where else to put it) how easy/difficult would it be to recreate CE's physics in another game? 

Really confused right now. I assume you guys talking are talking about Project Contingency, the upcoming fangame built in Unreal? Project "Cartographer" is a mod for Halo 2 Vista that allows you to play online and bypass the horrific DRM (button glitches included and encouraged, btw). I don't know how the population compares to MCC, but its still quite significant, and there's plenty of options for competitive. I also don't think you're referring to Project Cartographer, a different fan game maybe being built by some guy.

I don't know if it'll be the "future" of the Halo + Halo 2 scene, but I look forward to the day that consistent Xbox emulation becomes a reality.

Yes, my bad, you are correct.  The mod I was referring to is called "Project Contingency"; I got the names mixed up.  Now I don't play H2 Vista via the Cartographer mod, however I have friends that do and they tell me the population is much much smaller compared to MCC's H2 player base.  And yeah Xbox emulation is nice, but I just want a new game from M$/343i that actually feels like Halo TBH.

Just need some online tournaments honestly. To get people playing agaim. Then we can worry about a Lan. If we could get enough people for a online h2 league that would be sick.

I'm telling you man, there are plenty of online H2 players for a tournament or league. Someone just has to put up the prize money for it.

bdba6ab8-f943-4888-a96e-7dae6e9495dc_Thu

Am i the only one that gets triggered when its basically "whose teammate dies more"

These people dont even pull out their pistol half the time...

BUT LORD CHRIST IF YOU TOUCH SNIPER THEY WILL BETRAY YOU

That's what you get for searching solo.  What playlist was that?

Random game dev question (didn't know where else to put it) how easy/difficult would it be to recreate CE's physics in another game? 

I think people already tried to do that with Murder Miners to moderate success.

Would the source code be needed in order to do it exactly? 

Yes, my bad, you are correct. The mod I was referring to is called "Project Contingency"; I got the names mixed up. Now I don't play H2 Vista via the Cartographer mod, however I have friends that do and they tell me the population is much much smaller compared to MCC's H2 player base. And yeah Xbox emulation is nice, but I just want a new game from M$/343i that actually feels like Halo TBH.

I'm telling you man, there are plenty of online H2 players for a tournament or league. Someone just has to put up the prize money for it.

That's what you get for searching solo. What playlist was that?

I love murder miners hope they working on the sequel.

Didnt take me long to uninstall again after matching up against a TO4 50's in the Hardcore playlist as a solo queueing Level 13.

Oh MCC you entertain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would the source code be needed in order to do it exactly? 

Maybe it was acquired through Halo PC?  I'm really unsure.

@@BlackShadow its was the H1 playlist

If you play often and have a mic I'll add you.  I sweat in CE pretty frequently.

I miss this time of the internet ;_;

'Member proximity voice?

Why do people want an explanation from Frankie so bad? I'd imagine it'd just be a long wall of confusing terms related to coding topped off with a "we were far too ambitious" spiel. Nothing he could say will fix MCC or make me any less bitter about it. Save your explanation and just fix the damn game.

• Upvote (+1) 9