CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I started playing MCC for the very first time for some nostalgia-keks. Been searching in a few of the playlists and only found 1 team slayer game after loads of waiting. 

Anyone share some insight to what playlists are still populated because I've searched in quite a few of them for ages now with no luck. I'm EU so that might be relevant. 

So I started playing MCC for the very first time for some nostalgia-keks. Been searching in a few of the playlists and only found 1 team slayer game after loads of waiting. 

Anyone share some insight to what playlists are still populated because I've searched in quite a few of them for ages now with no luck. I'm EU so that might be relevant. 

if you cant find a game in team slayer ur literally just fucked. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I usually get great search times in Team Slayer, could have just been a time thing.

Halo 1 was such a big deal, Halo 2's launch got a segment on the 6 o'clock news, something usually only reserved for CONSOLE launches.

Nice way to treat both of them. Microsoft.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like how all we wanna do is play the two games we love and 343 wont even allow us to fix their mess ourselves.  I'll never financially support this company ever again, but sheeple still buy and play H5 so...LOL

• Upvote (+1) 3

Played OG H3 last night and noticed that the colors were way more saturated than MCC - it looked a lot better color-wise, (aside from the (now) intolerable 30 FPS).  It was on a different monitor than what I play MCC on though - anyone else ever noticed this?  If it's not just a monitor issue why would that be? The whole world seemed a lot more vibrant and it was great to look at; why would 343 not want that?

Played OG H3 last night and noticed that the colors were way more saturated than MCC - it looked a lot better color-wise, (aside from the (now) intolerable 30 FPS). It was on a different monitor than what I play MCC on though - anyone else ever noticed this? If it's not just a monitor issue why would that be? The whole world seemed a lot more vibrant and it was great to look at; why would 343 not want that?

For some reason the brightness is turned way up on MCC H3. Who knows why probably just another oversight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For some reason the brightness is turned way up on MCC H3. Who knows why probably just another oversight.

Not an oversight, 343 did it on purpose. They thought they were improving the lighting, but they made it worse. Why mess with the contrast when Bungie had it perfect? Oh yeah, cause they're 343.

• Upvote (+1) 8

In find TS games in like 15 seconds.

how does everyone here feel about sniper hill in the team snipers playlist?

I personally think it kind of ruins it. halo 3 team snipers was by far my favorite mode to play in any game ever and when i get on mcc i just want to get that experience again except whenever my favorite halo 3 maps show up (guardian, construct, pit, narrows) its ALWAYS sniper hill. i wouldnt mind it if it just came up occasionally but it seems like 9 times out of 10 on those maps its sniper hill. I usually end up getting annoyed by it after like 5 or 6 games in a row of the halo 3 option being sniper hill and stop playing.

It can be fun change of pace but the games are never competitive whatsoever (unranked also contributes to that obviously) and is usually only a couple players actually going for the hill while others try to get as many kills as possible. Also the spawns seem to be a bit messed up in it.

Im really just bitter that i can never get that experience that i got in halo 3 again :(

Hey thanks for the link man! I wish there were H1 or H2 tournament though :'(

If we could get some h2 tourneys mannnnn id be so happy

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wondering if any EU players still play, I'm finding games on slayer really easy and really enjoying this game at the moment.

TS and BTB are probably the most populated lists.  So if you can't find games, you prob need to check back later.  If I search during the day EU, it takes a while, later in evening it seems to be much quicker finding matches.

I've been playing a few games recently and for the first time since launch I'm finding my shots actually land in H3.

Have they stealth patched it or is there so few people left the game actually uses the dedicated servers now?

TS and BtB are probably the most populated lists.

TS and BTB are probably the most populated lists. So if you can't find games, you prob need to check back later. If I search during the day EU, it takes a while, later in evening it seems to be much quicker finding matches.

I've been playing a few games recently and for the first time since launch I'm finding my shots actually land in H3.

Have they stealth patched it or is there so few people left the game actually uses the dedicated servers now?

TS and BtB are probably the most populated lists.

Yes I've noticed h3 shots ain't nearly as bad as before but that varies wildly from game to game, so maybe it's just location of server.

how does everyone here feel about sniper hill in the team snipers playlist?

I personally think it kind of ruins it. halo 3 team snipers was by far my favorite mode to play in any game ever and when i get on mcc i just want to get that experience again except whenever my favorite halo 3 maps show up (guardian, construct, pit, narrows) its ALWAYS sniper hill. i wouldnt mind it if it just came up occasionally but it seems like 9 times out of 10 on those maps its sniper hill. I usually end up getting annoyed by it after like 5 or 6 games in a row of the halo 3 option being sniper hill and stop playing.

It can be fun change of pace but the games are never competitive whatsoever (unranked also contributes to that obviously) and is usually only a couple players actually going for the hill while others try to get as many kills as possible. Also the spawns seem to be a bit messed up in it.

Im really just bitter that i can never get that experience that i got in halo 3 again :(

I agree, but I wish those maps just always came up.  I get so sick of citadel, isolation, and longshore in the snipers playlist that I pray for narrows/pit hill.  

And it is extremely disappointing that the snipers playlist still doesn't have construct in it.  And in halo 2 they don't even have beaver creek, lockout, or sanctuary in the snipers playlist.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Fan favourite game types in every playlist"

343i are like Trump, they spout the most nonsense "facts" you'll ever hear.