CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Random thought about a feature for a multiplayer sequel to CE... What if you made it so that "Nade jumping" was turned into a kind of double jump. At the apex of the jump, if you hit the nade button and jump button at the same time, you would get a secondary boost in height (While avoiding the damage of the usual nade jump). You would need to use a nade in order to do the "nade jump," so it still has trade offs like the original way. Think this would work? I think it could be an interesting way to incorporate something into the game  officially that has always been there. 

Honestly seems like a better and more skillful mechanic than clamber

Do people still play this? Bout to get back into h2 after a little break and round up people for some mlg customs on my days off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I quit Halo 2 back in 2007 because of the time commitment I needed for high school basketball. I ended up missing the entire Halo 3 era and didn't buy an Xbox 360 until 2011 and if I could go back in time I wish i could have been a part of that somehow along with balancing sports. I feel like I missed out on what I would consider the last real era of online gaming and Halo. Now I just pop in here every few months and feel bad about how everything went down.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I quit Halo 2 back in 2007 because of the time commitment I needed for high school basketball. I ended up missing the entire Halo 3 era and didn't buy an Xbox 360 until 2011 and if I could go back in time I wish i could have been a part of that somehow along with balancing sports. I feel like I missed out on what I would consider the last real era of online gaming and Halo. Now I just pop in here every few months and feel bad about how everything went down.

lol

how did hs basketball work out for you

• Downvote (-1) 3

Anyone else see a trend of non English speaking halo CE players equating to them being bad at the game?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

stopping by to check in and reiterate that 343 ruined the only game i have ever loved or cared about. 

#halobaggage

#ripdubshots

• Upvote (+1) 8

Someone should just release the source code to the public.  If they serve prison time, so be it. At least someone can then show them how to do their own job correctly. It's the least that someone at 343 could do to make up for the debacle that is MCC.  Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team.  Who at 343 past or present will step up to the plate and do what needs to be done?  Bravo? Ske7ch?  Josh Holmes?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Those comments do at least basically confirm what I've suspected since launch day - 343/Microsoft is in full damage control mode. Hear no evil, speak no evil. We will NEVER get the full story.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sketch literally works in the same building WITH everyone who was responsible for the MCC - and he is still "trying to get an answer."

He is most likely under the same gag order as every other employee, but speaks the way he does on Reddit so that he is not hated by the community.  343 could have fixed this a long time ago, but they chose to hide and not take responsibility.  They literally stole money from hundreds of thousands of people with no consequence.  

it was - and still is pitiful. 

They're doing their best! What did 343 do to be treated so harshly? :^(

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sketch literally works in the same building WITH everyone who was responsible for the MCC - and he is still "trying to get an answer."

He is most likely under the same gag order as every other employee, but speaks the way he does on Reddit so that he is not hated by the community.  343 could have fixed this a long time ago, but they chose to hide and not take responsibility.  They literally stole money from hundreds of thousands of people with no consequence.  

it was - and still is pitiful.

So true

Although I'd say more like stole money from MILLIONS of loyal fans after lying to them repeatedly before release and after.

How many people bought an Xbox One just for MCC? I am definitely one of them. I remember hearing in the months around its release, it was the first and only time the XBONE had outsold the PS4. That was because of MCC. We deserved so much more. Halo deserved so much more.

I can't quite believe we are still talking about this and are still in this situation 2 and a half years later.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Same here, man. I can't demand $500 from 343 but I can demand $60. I won't forgive them until I'm either reimbursed the $60 or if they release a playable MCC on PC and current Xbox One MCC owners get it for free. The worst part is that both of those are more likely to happen than 343 fixing their game.

And lets not forget the Relic remake, a map that absolutely no one asked for, as their compensation.

Microsoft: "The fans need compensation."

343: "Okay we'll give them a remake of Relic."

Microsoft: "Are you going to fix the game so they can at least play the map properly?"

343: "lol no"

That Relic remake as compensation was like salt in the wounds I don't know any developer that would treat their fans like they did after releasing, arguably, the most broken launch game in history. 343 showed their true colors and they still are by continuing to ignore their broken game for the classic fans.

Please don't forget that 343 is Microsoft, all artificial branding aside. Any decision not made by Microsoft must also be OK'd by Microsoft, from the game going gold to the post-release strategy (or lack thereof). They're just as complicit as 343 is in the whole debacle, if not more, and regardless of how much you think 343 cares about the game being playable, I can promise you that Microsoft cares much less.

• Upvote (+1) 4