CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is it true that on MCC CE, host has a disadvantage? My first game in a while, and I only hit 2 perfects. Alright, no biggie, but the problem is that I was shooting a guy maybe 5 feet away from who was afk but he died in 6 shots, but I'm getting 3 shorted no matter what. Something seems up.

Yes, host is a big disadvantage in Halo 1. Such a big disadvantage that no one will host custom games. For whatever reason, if you get host in matchmaking, it's still bad, but not as bad as hosting a custom game. So we resort to getting everyone in a party and searching at the same time in matchmaking and saying "players found" to see if the other team has that and we've matched each other LOL.

You can tell you're host by hearing the pistol zoom and/or sniper zoom.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can someone elaborate on this?

When you create a custom game for Halo 1, you are the host. When you are in the game as a host, you are the only person that can hear the zoom sound on weapons.

So it is a reasonable guess(no one knows for sure with this shitty game) that you are host in matchmaking if you hear weapon zoom.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When you create a custom game for Halo 1, you are the host. When you are in the game as a host, you are the only person that can hear the zoom sound on weapons.

So it is a reasonable guess(no one knows for sure with this shitty game) that you are host in matchmaking if you hear weapon zoom.

Ok thanks

Is it true that on MCC CE, host has a disadvantage? My first game in a while, and I only hit 2 perfects. Alright, no biggie, but the problem is that I was shooting a guy maybe 5 feet away from who was afk but he died in 6 shots, but I'm getting 3 shorted no matter what. Something seems up.

Yep. It's terrible. But I never get host so it's lit...but I still have the same shooting issues as you because 343 fucked up the pistol. lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Getting in the same party and matching your friends in the playlist sounds like boosting to me.

Just doing 343's job

I've said it in the past but I'd be playing so much more MCC if it had a progression rank. Quickly whipped this up on Photoshop using Halo 3 & Reach progression ranks.

bIqrS9J.png

vHhfD7W.pngpTzh66n.pngaXPNR2c.png

Those ranks make me feel things

Beautiful things

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've said it in the past but I'd be playing so much more MCC if it had a progression rank. Quickly whipped this up on Photoshop using Halo 3 & Reach progression ranks. 

bIqrS9J.png

vHhfD7W.png pTzh66n.pngaXPNR2c.png5nQdOeZ.png

Holy shit me too. I would devour this game if it had that. I NEED something to play for. My bad local friends always wanna play TS and I just can't do it for very long because the games feel so empty and meaningless. It feels like a huge waste of time to devote a whole session to that playlist. I try to just use it as a warmup or palette cleanser after an ass beating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It actually depends on what your connection speed is to determine if host in mm sucks or not.  In match making, when I can hear my pistol zoom, shots register much better than when I can't hear my pistol zoom.  It's fun getting host and matching up against 2 boxes that can't even speak english.

Custom games however if you are host, you are at a disadvantage.  In MM, I find being host is an advantage now that I have 100 mb down and 50 mb up.  Back when I had 900 mb down and 200 mb up, being host in MM was a disadvantage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

bIqrS9J.png

vHhfD7W.png pTzh66n.pngaXPNR2c.png5nQdOeZ.png

OPTZsHC.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Random thought about a feature for a multiplayer sequel to CE... What if you made it so that "Nade jumping" was turned into a kind of double jump. At the apex of the jump, if you hit the nade button and jump button at the same time, you would get a secondary boost in height (While avoiding the damage of the usual nade jump). You would need to use a nade in order to do the "nade jump," so it still has trade offs like the original way. Think this would work? I think it could be an interesting way to incorporate something into the game  officially that has always been there. 

Random thought about a feature for a multiplayer sequel to CE... What if you made it so that "Nade jumping" was turned into a kind of double jump. At the apex of the jump, if you hit the nade button and jump button at the same time, you would get a secondary boost in height (While avoiding the damage of the usual nade jump). You would need to use a nade in order to do the "nade jump," so it still has trade offs like the original way. Think this would work? I think it could be an interesting way to incorporate something into the game officially that has always been there.

Take 5 MM

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do not exaggerate when I say that EVERY part of MCC has a problem. Every. Part.

Sound

Graphics

Menus

HUD

Saves

Achievements

Controls

Networking

Matchmaking

Playlists

Port accuracy

Crashes

This is AFTER all those "updates" that supposedly "improved" things. Yet only one major review outlet (GameSpot) gave it a bad review (the rest noted the multiplayer problems, but brushed them off as launch hiccups), and not one of them went back later to modify their score (I think Team Beyond is the only outlet to even write an article about MCC's ongoing problems). Various YouTube top ten lists of problematic video games rank MCC low (they obviously didn't play it much). And then there's the issue of the "it works for me, stop whining" crowd (who clearly don't care about quality, and don't care about Halo either). Heck, a 343 employee even admitted that MCC is being held together with wax and string, and most everyone just shrugged and went right back to the junk food that is Halo 5.

The franchise that launched the Xbox brand, one of the most well made and most successful franchises ever, this is what it has come to. A company that doesn't care, AND a fanbase that doesn't care either.

This isn't an overreacting rant, this is reality. It's smacking everyone in the face, but they just go and soothe themselves with that lovely moisturizer from Microsoft's PR department (ooh, split-screen in Halo 6, ahh, that feels good)...

You know, when I first opened the game up, before I knew any of the issues at all, I was triggered.

Why? 

Because the background menu image HAS NOTHING HALO RELATED IN IT. Why is it not A) A piece of Halo concept art B) A remaster of the Halo 2 menu (being the 10 year anniversay) or C) A FUCKING HALO RING.

But no, it's a generic planet with nothing recognisable, nothing pretty and nothing interesting. How very 343 I thought.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You know, when I first opened the game up, before I knew any of the issues at all, I was triggered.

Why?

Because the background menu image HAS NOTHING HALO RELATED IN IT. Why is it not A) A piece of Halo concept art B) A remaster of the Halo 2 menu (being the 10 year anniversay) or C) A FUCKING HALO RING.

But no, it's a generic planet with nothing recognisable, nothing pretty and nothing interesting. How very 343 I thought.

I thought this very same thing. Even my 9 year old noticed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Team Beyond is the only outlet to even write an article about MCC's ongoing problems

I'm happy at least some sites picked up on the couple articles I wrote on it. It's a shame nothing really came of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the background menu image HAS NOTHING HALO RELATED IN IT. Why is it not A) A piece of Halo concept art B) A remaster of the Halo 2 menu (being the 10 year anniversay) or C) A FUCKING HALO RING.

But no, it's a generic planet with nothing recognisable, nothing pretty and nothing interesting.

EVERY f'n part!

• Upvote (+1) 1