CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've been mcc free for 13 months now. After 5 months the urges just went away. I pray for you still stuck on this bottomless pit of an addiction and hope you can get out. Hpc and h2v can be used as a subsitute to get you off the hard stuff

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well my dude I'll send in one if you want to take a look, maybe get that content grind going huh? ;)

Sounds good

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we telling mcc stories now

Right after they added ranks I was searching TS and the game started as a 6 player FFA in forge. Using my quick thinking and forge fingers I spawned a killball on every spawn Ahahaha when everyone quit and I was the last one the game wouldn't end still, because it was forge. When I finally ended the game it deranked me.

I have one as well.

This one time, I was searching, and it said players found.

Thats it. It didn't go any further than that. MCC yay!

• Upvote (+1) 8

l5nMmdi.gif

@@Hard Way

what the fuck happened

Lol ouplayed. No but I really don't remember.

That reminds me of when Reach first came out. We were playing Team Snipers with a local friend of mine who was neither good at Halo nor at words. The hologram loadout was called "Deceiver", and he got killed because he was going for an enemy's hologram. Next thing I hear is him go "Aww man I fell for his deceive."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol ouplayed. No but I really don't remember.

That reminds me of when Reach first came out. We were playing Team Snipers with a local friend of mine who was neither good at Halo nor at words. The hologram loadout was called "Deceiver", and he got killed because he was going for an enemy's hologram. Next thing I hear is him go "Aww man I fell for his deceive."

It genuinely astounds me that anyone could mistake the hologram's behaviour for that of a real player (to say nothing of the fact that it doesn't display a gamertag over its head).

Then I play MCC MM or see clips of player ranked at Gold and below in H5 and it sort of makes sense in a depressing kind of way.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It genuinely astounds me that anyone could mistake the hologram's behaviour for that of a real player (to say nothing of the fact that it doesn't display a gamertag over its head).

Then I play MCC MM or see clips of player ranked at Gold and below in H5 and it sort of makes sense in a depressing kind of way.

I found more success using motionless holograms tbh. Slightly more believable in the right spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll admit I've fallen for the Reach hologram. Mostly it's during FFA and I just react to it. Although once I establish a player is using holo, I'm more than likely not going to fall for it again.

Hologram is more effective as a radar manipulation tool and an easy way to get first shot. You can walk with it to make someone hiding think there are 2 people pushing, you can crouch walk behind it, stuff like that. I used to use it all the time tbh.

I played MCC for the first time in roughly a year. I searched in the Halo 3 playlist, I'm a level 21. I was paired with 3 level 1-5's and the other team had two 48's. My team mates had about 100 games played, 0.3 KDs and went for dual spikers. LOL what is this game? Why is it still so unplayable? It's the reason I got an xbox 1 and the reason why my xbox1 is totaly unused. Halo 5 is terrible. 343 have legitmately single handedly lost Microsoft the console war to Sony. Good job, guys. You were given a golden goose by Bungie and have somehow managed to fuck it up spectacurlary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played MCC for the first time in roughly a year. I searched in the Halo 3 playlist, I'm a level 21. I was paired with 3 level 1-5's and the other team had two 48's. My team mates had about 100 games played, 0.3 KDs and went for dual spikers. LOL what is this game? Why is it still so unplayable? It's the reason I got an xbox 1 and the reason why my xbox1 is totaly unused. Halo 5 is terrible. 343 have legitmately single handedly lost Microsoft the console war to Sony. Good job, guys. You were given a golden goose by Bungie and have somehow managed to fuck it up spectacurlary.

People playing MCC in 2k17 LUL

I haven't uninstalled it in case I ever get the desire to play the campaigns again.

Imagine if it had no Multiplayer.

Just a look back at this freaking psychic post from '14.

This guy could make the big bucks telling fortunes

Every time I try to play some bs happens that sucks the joy out of it. Usually full parties vs randoms.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every time I try to play some bs happens that sucks the joy out of it. Usually full parties vs randoms.

Your picture never fails to make me sad

• Upvote (+1) 1

This video tackles an issue I've had with MCC ever since the playlists got announced (you can find my post about it somewhere deep down in this thread.):

Even if MCC worked fine from day one, it would still not have been a good service to the classic fans. You cannot play the games to their full potential whenever you want, because there is either no playlist for what you want to play (4v4 CE) it or it is buried somewhere in a mixed playlist (TS,BTB, FFA) where you frequently get cancer like KOTH AR starts on Valhalla. The only way this collection would have been good is:

• With a working server browser
  • By making all playlists cross-title and then allow players to tick the games they want to play

Plus of course fix all the 343 shenanigans like using AR/SMG starts ten years after Bungie admitted it was a mistake, no quit penalties, no party restrictions, no ranks for 6 months etc. that aren't technically breaking the game, but add to the frustration that is called playing MCC.

Even if I get a rare streak of decent matches without anyone lagging out or my Xbone freezing, the fact that MCC is the H3 AR start collection 80% of the time totally ruins my enjoyment. The only way to have fun in MCC seems to have a group of buddies to play customs or to try to get a decent partner and play CE.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is it true that on MCC CE, host has a disadvantage? My first game in a while, and I only hit 2 perfects. Alright, no biggie, but the problem is that I was shooting a guy maybe 5 feet away from who was afk but he died in 6 shots, but I'm getting 3 shorted no matter what. Something seems up.

Qtb