CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I wish someone ran tournaments for this game :(

There was just a 3v3 tournament last week and in march there is a $1000 doubles tournament. My friend is also about to put up the money for another tournament soon keep an eye on this site.

http://www.challengergaming.net/

• Upvote (+1) 1

We would have, this game is such a pain in the ass with no tracking.

What would it take for Beyond to run an OG Halo 1/2 LAN/tourny of some kind?

• Upvote (+1) 1

xbox screenshots

Even with images, people have faked scores in our tourneys. It's a sad reality that you need more proof.

We would have, this game is such a pain in the ass with no tracking.

When was the last time you guys actually tried to run a tournament for MCC?  2 years ago?  If other people can run events, so can TeamBeyond; you just actually have to make an attempt to do it.  Literally all you need to do is CE 2v2, H2C FFA and maybe H2C 4v4 since there are other, established H3 online TOs.  But hey what do I know.

There's still problems joining people :(

It's not impossible.  There are ways to get into a party now.  I believe it's feasible enough to run a tournament.  If the H2 Discords can make it work so can the TB staff.

Hopes & miracles.

Well we're all pretty much running on that nowadays so there should be plenty to go around?

• Upvote (+1) 1

When was the last time you guys actually tried to run a tournament for MCC? 2 years ago? If other people can run events, so can TeamBeyond; you just actually have to make an attempt to do it. Literally all you need to do is CE 2v2, H2C FFA and maybe H2C 4v4 since there are other, established H3 online TOs. But hey what do I know.

There's really no point now, it would be pure fan service at best. We would love to run those games and some of us even still play MCC - there's just no interest in it after all this time with the community and sponsors.

Yes, I know we have a niche group of people that would be interested but not the amount we would want to dedicate our time and reseources in. We would want to do it justice.

I know it's very easy to bark orders at others, but we have ran over 75+ tournaments throughout the years. MCC was the absolute worst expierence by far. But hey, I've actually done it with the staff here.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was pretty obvious after numerous placebo patches that MCC's internals were a shitshow (I hate to swear, but MCC). I was hoping that maybe they'd stop trying edge fixes and do a complete overhaul of the tire fire, basically rebuilding the whole thing. You can fix anything, given the right people, time, and money. But I guess since they got our money, there's no incentive.

The only thing stopping me from shipping my Xbone + MCC to Microsoft with chicken shit dumped on top is a potential Elder Scrolls VI (I prefer 'em on console, so there). If it skips Xbone, well...

Mj1vUMc.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's really no point now, it would be pure fan service at best. We would love to run those games and some of us even still play MCC - there's just no interest in it after all this time with the community and sponsors.

Yes, I know we have a niche group of people that would be interested but not the amount we would want to dedicate our time and reseources in. We would want to do it justice.

I know it's very easy to bark orders at others, but we have ran over 75+ tournaments throughout the years. MCC was the absolute worst expierence by far. But hey, I've actually done it with the staff here.

I know at one point most of the Lost in Time guys (or a good chunk of them) were participating in a H2 season kind of thing with about 6-8 teams in total. I'm fairly confident that there was no money involved either, it was just pure love of the game.

Granted 24-32 people isn't a huge incentive to put this together, but with a little exposure you might have brought in some fresh blood and it isn't something that you have to invest a huge amount of time into this. Set up the schedule, check in once a week to see who won/lost, provide a bracket at the end of a season and do a tournament.

However I have no idea how many of those people play anymore, I haven't been on in a month or two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with images, people have faked scores in our tourneys. It's a sad reality that you need more proof.

Wow, that is pathetic

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol Ray, how would you know about interest if you havent bothered to make an attempt in over 2 years?  Doesnt matter if you're a staff member on an obscure Halo forum; you have no right to speak on the subject if you do literally nothing to help the core and long time community as opposed to Halo 5 garbage haha.  No wonder why most Halo fans have no idea this website even exists.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

Lol Ray, how would you know about interest if you havent bothered to make an attempt in over 2 years?  Doesnt matter if you're a staff member on an obscure Halo forum; you have no right to speak on the subject if you do literally nothing to help the core and long time community as opposed to Halo 5 garbage haha.  No wonder why most Halo fans have no idea this website even exists.  

Yea man, keep up the good fight here and the awesome work I'm sure you're doing for the community.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Putting in time to do anything halo 5 related is wasted time indeed. I doubt there's a single person that plays halo 5 that would admit that their time spent playing halo 5 is worthwhile, be it pro or novice. There's absolutely no justification one can give for playing halo 5 after what 343 did to MCC that would be a respectable reason.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I thought that the H5: Discussion thread was cancer , boy was I wrong this is by far the worst thread on this forum.

Pretty sure the Pro League thread is the only H5 related thread that you would feel at home in. H5 and especially MCC threads are basically group therapy threads.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought that the H5: Discussion thread was cancer , boy was I wrong this is by far the worst thread on this forum.

Well if this thread is cancer that's great, because it's dying really quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just like the MCC population

Fuck

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just noticed you had your twitter linked. Decided to check it out and the last post is from me from forever ago asking to play MCC. Feels bad man..