CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sounds great! What about double shot though?

Thanks man! Doubleshots are still a thing, but I've noticed they are not nearly as overpowered as they were in default h2. I believe that due to the fact that the autoaim is reduced by a lot, and the faster killtimes all around, they aren't as useful in every situation as they were before.

I'd be down to play it. How do I go about playing it wit cha bud? I don't have H2 Vista though.

Join the Project Cartographer Discord and I will give you install instructions :)

https://discordapp.com/invite/ZCPhBNm

If you dont have discord just message me here and I will help you get set up!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I figure I might as well post some gameplay footage of the mod. Everything shown is still a work in progress, but it's nearing completion. I am trying to make it public within the next few days :D

I haven't been able to capture any decent 2v2s yet, so if anyone is interested in helping I'd appreciate it!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I figure I might as well post some gameplay footage of the mod. Everything shown is still a work in progress, but it's nearing completion. I am trying to make it public within the next few days :D

I haven't been able to capture any decent 2v2s yet, so if anyone is interested in helping I'd appreciate it!

Any way to mod out the lunging? Except with the sword. 

Looks so weird with wide FOV. 

Lol im planning on removing sword from all of the h2f maps. Not sure why I used it. And also I play on the hoghest possible fov but you can set yours to whatever

If someone were to try and make an indie, true remake, of H1 multiplayer (think multiplayer only like Rocketleague). How much money do you think it would make in a kick starter. If it was a highly publicized and well put together kick starter? 

Look at diabotical for example: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84288219/diabotical-by-the-gd-studio/

I have been thinking about this recently. I think if it was publicized properly it could actually acquire a decent amount of money from the Halo community, maybe 200-300k? This may be too high an estimate though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just realized that I misread what you wrote. I have melee lunge removed already. It wasnt done in that video though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If someone were to try and make an indie, true remake, of H1 multiplayer (think multiplayer only like Rocketleague). How much money do you think it would make in a kick starter. If it was a highly publicized and well put together kick starter? 

Look at diabotical for example: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84288219/diabotical-by-the-gd-studio/

I have been thinking about this recently. I think if it was publicized properly it could actually acquire a decent amount of money from the Halo community, maybe 200-300k? This may be too high an estimate though.

Would be my first kickstarter to fund. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

who's trynna play mcc....because these ppl at 343 have no fuckin idea how to create a proper matchmaking.....3 searches....a lvl 7...a lvl 1 and a lvl 9....against mid 30's/40s

I really wanna say some shit but imma hold my tongue....but anyway, who wants to play? you don't need to be a goat....just don't be what 343 thinks is a proper fuckin teammate based on their stupid matchmaking algorithms.

I've never despised a company more in my life because of a game like mcc....fuck

• Upvote (+1) 8

Summit1G streaming Project Cartographer right now lmfao

https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g

"He just double double shot. I guess thats a quadshot? I didn't even know quadshotting was a thing." - summit1g

lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

who's trynna play mcc....because these ppl at 343 have no fuckin idea how to create a proper matchmaking.....3 searches....a lvl 7...a lvl 1 and a lvl 9....against mid 30's/40s

I really wanna say some shit but imma hold my tongue....but anyway, who wants to play? you don't need to be a goat....just don't be what 343 thinks is a proper fuckin teammate based on their stupid matchmaking algorithms.

I've never despised a company more in my life because of a game like mcc....fuck

The company couldn't correctly port a 15+ year old game.  Doubtful they know how to do much else.  I don't know know whats worse, the company or those who play halo 5 and support them.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sorry for spamming this in here (This is my last h2f post in this thread). I'm going to create a thread about the mod soon, but I'm not quite ready to do that. Here's some more Halo2Final gameplay for anyone who is interested. I actually managed to get some good 2v2s going. Was the most fun I've had playing halo in a long time.

If this looks interesting at all, join the Halo2Final discord! https://discordapp.com/invite/gYP8TRw

I will be using this discord for discussion on everything from mod programming, weapon balance, and finding games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sorry for spamming this in here (This is my last h2f post in this thread). I'm going to create a thread about the mod soon, but I'm not quite ready to do that. Here's some more Halo2Final gameplay for anyone who is interested. I actually managed to get some good 2v2s going. Was the most fun I've had playing halo in a long time.

If this looks interesting at all, join the Halo2Final discord! https://discordapp.com/invite/gYP8TRw

I will be using this discord for discussion on everything from mod programming, weapon balance, and finding games.

I have an interesting project proposal.  Get h1 on OG xbox such that players can play online against each other and it feels like host box. :)

I have an interesting project proposal.  Get h1 on OG xbox such that players can play online against each other and it feels like host box. :)

They need to release the source code for CE. If it was still in Bungie's hands we'd have it already (see Marathon, one of their earlier games). The game is old AF and they clearly don't have plans to use the code to fix MCC or do another release. They could regain standing with a lot of players that they lost with this whole MCC debacle.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is an amazing idea! I don't know why this hasn't been done/attempted already, there's clearly a gap in the market for this kind of thing, like with diabotical for the Quake players, an old school Halo style indie game would surely receive tons of support given the amount of people unhappy with the new direction... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone tell Hardy Label to get a small team together. We'll be the first contributors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The company couldn't correctly port a 15+ year old game.  Doubtful they know how to do much else.  I don't know know whats worse, the company or those who play halo 5 and support them.

You guys are my heroes lol.  If ya'll play H1 on MCC, either post or message me your GT and I'll run that playlist with ya'll.  I just got back into the game after a 5 month hiatus. 

I have experienced a new bug 2 times now for some reason in the middle of games, my screen goes grey and than i end up on a different game. The first time happened a few weeks ago the game was about to end than all of a sudden i was on destiny. The second time it happened was yesterday i was in the middle of a br battle than all of a sudden i was on dragon ball xenoverse 2. I have no idea how this could even be a thing but it is, has anyone else experienced this? I never wan't to hear someone say this game is fixed or even playable it isn't even close to being fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know why vibration doesn't turn off even if you have it disabled for Halo 3?

turn trigger impulse off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

turn trigger impulse off.

Ok do you know where that setting is on the Xbox One?  I tried googling it but no luck.

Edit: Nevermind I found it.  Thank you.

Three straight games now I've been kicked back to the lobby after being locked in.

This game is fixed though.

Three straight games now I've been kicked back to the lobby after being locked in.

This game is fixed though.

• Upvote (+1) 4