CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not aure why people would compare it to BF4. That game may have launched pretty broken, but it got and continues to get shitloads of post-launch support. There was an update for it like last week, after 2 other BF games and Battlefront have succeeded it.

Ah. But I forgot. The Master Chief Collection IS WORKING, SHEEPLE.

At one point it was very comparable. BF4 was broken for almost a year (10 or 11 months, was fixed in late august or early September the following year after launch). The user base was pissed and not playing. The team could not figure out what was wrong so DICE brought in a different team and said find out what's wrong with this shit and fix it and they did. The user base came back massively. The only real difference between these two games is that DICE fixed it and 343 said fuck it and ignored it.

That's the biggest reason it pisses me off when people say it doesn't matter if it gets fixed now, no one would play. BF4 is a good example of the same situation with different outcomes and the people did come back to play, more people played.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Constantly. Had a teammate quit on me the other day when we were up 5 on Hang 'em with camo/rockets and the other team spawn trapped at red.

The ones in the H1 playlist are particularly bad. I swear though, 80% of MCC are either below the age of 10, missing a thumb, or have a legitimate learning disability - and none of them have ever played Halo before. You'd think by this point, only the hardcore veterans of the series would remain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ones in the H1 playlist are particularly bad. I swear though, 80% of MCC are either below the age of 10, missing a thumb, or have a legitimate learning disability - and none of them have ever played Halo before. You'd think by this point, only the hardcore veterans of the series would remain.

I just added you. Hit me up if you need a 2s partner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This doesn't suprise me anymore. 343 has sucessfully driven the majority of the OG Halo fans (the ones that were good at CE,2, and 3) away from the Xbox franchise and the only ones left on the MCC are some kids have never played a Halo game in their life. Couple that with a placebo ranking system and a small playerbase thanks to the game being broken 2+ years and you get thumbless idiots on your team 95% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This doesn't suprise me anymore. 343 has sucessfully driven the majority of the OG Halo fans (the ones that were good at CE,2, and 3) away from the Xbox franchise and the only ones left on the MCC are some kids have never played a Halo game in their life. Couple that with a placebo ranking system and a small playerbase thanks to the game being broken 2+ years and you get thumbless idiots on your team 95% of the time.

The reason why halo CE on MCC was fucked from the start is mainly because of:

1. Lack of dedicated servers

2. Broken rank system that matches rank 1 players with rank 50

3. No restriction for matchups based on region or distance.

If the ranks worked and the game didn't have shot registration issues because someone 1000+ miles away is hosting the game, it would at least be playable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If MCC worked properly from day 1 I guarantee it would have a high population then Halo 5 currently 

that's why it was....sabotaged

• Upvote (+1) 2

This isn't that big of a deal but back in july they added halo 3 grifball throwback. The playlist had problems as usual foundry had an issue where it was causing peoples games to crash. I just wanted to say to this day they have yet to add foundry back into the playlist i just thought that was a little pathetic.

they were working on fixing it 4 months ago think this is still the case?  :kappa:

This is what bravo said back on july 27th

Thanks everyone - we'll continue jamming on what might be causing a few errors with a few of the Grifball Throwback variants at the moment.

that's why it was....sabotaged

Yep.  Current 343 caught feelings and knew that Bungie's original creation from 15+ years ago is better than anything they can develop, despite having access to more knowledge and technology.  A tough pill for Frankie and the gang to swallow, but a pill that Bravo should have fed them none the less.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now that I've been playing a bit I have to ask: is there any way to consistently pistol well in CE MCC? I feel like other players have decent shots but I cannot figure out the lead at all. I was a better shot off host on XBC.

So now that I've been playing a bit I have to ask: is there any way to consistently pistol well in CE MCC? I feel like other players have decent shots but I cannot figure out the lead at all. I was a better shot off host on XBC.

The MCC is nothing like the OG. I feel like shots that should miss in the OG land in the MCC and visa-versa. However, the MCC is much more generous overall and less demanding, so most people seem to have a better shot than they actually do (which is frustrating).

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CE Magnum in MCC makes the H3 BR look 100% consistent by comparison. It's not a matter of aim. It's just broken. Goes from feeling like the Halo One Pistol in H5 (i.e. free three shots for days) to feeling like the Reach magnum with 100% bloom that never resets. And that's before you get to people just tanking shots in general.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Put the bottom of your reticle across their visor, and pray.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CE Magnum in MCC makes the H3 BR look 100% consistent by comparison. It's not a matter of aim. It's just broken. Goes from feeling like the Halo One Pistol in H5 (i.e. free three shots for days) to feeling like the Reach magnum with 100% bloom that never resets. And that's before you get to people just tanking shots in general.

That's a perfect description. It's such a shame; I don't really have the time or chance to LAN so this my only fix I suppose :/

Want a better (easier) pistol in mcc? Move outside of the US.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The MCC is nothing like the OG. I feel like shots that should miss in the OG land in the MCC and visa-versa. However, the MCC is much more generous overall and less demanding, so most people seem to have a better shot than they actually do (which is frustrating).

This is the part that kills me, because I'm super competitive. Watching these kids that play stupid, reckless, lacking real smarts just flourish because of this fake version of halo 1. Shit got these mediocre players feeling themselves a bit too much. Losing to the game instead of players is never fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1