CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So much for that, "MCC Team" that Bravo consistently said was back at 343 "working on it."

The whole situation is just shady and filled with way too many smoke screens that have been meant to distract from the issue (MCC) and, "HEY look over here at HALO 5!"

It would be one thing if 343 had consistently delivered an outstanding product, kinda like a, "Well I am mad at you for lying to me, but..." scenario; however its just been a slow bleeding hole for the competitive community (and casual Halo at that) since they took the reigns.  

Way too many lies, and no one in the leadership team will own up to it or be transparent.  Bravo's situation is proof enough: Get hired, leave the community that supported you (us), become  a mouth piece, ignore the community when they ask about MCC, dont ever bring up the MCC and you will get a promotion.  Guess it pays to play the game with 343. 

Oh how I wish one former employee would blow the whistle and tell us all what really happened.  A man can dream right?

Until then - sorry but none of my money will go to 343. 

Look at this website though. The one place where everyone is aware of what 343 pulled and yet.... All these people bought H5 anyways and will buy H6

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has there been any word on the possibility of a pc port of MCC lately?  I know Larry Herb teased it like a year ago and I think it was Dan Aboob who said that we should "stay tuned" for MCC updates about a month ago.  I'm just wondering if there is anything new that I missed.  MCC on the pc is all i want from 343.

Edit:  Also I do you guys still think MCC on the pc is still a possibility?  Or am I dumb for still thinking this will happen?

Has there been any word on the possibility of a pc port of MCC lately? I know Larry Herb teased it like a year ago and I think it was Dan Aboob who said that we should "stay tuned" for MCC updates about a month ago. I'm just wondering if there is anything new that I missed. MCC on the pc is all i want from 343.

Edit: Also I do you guys still think MCC on the pc is still a possibility? Or am I dumb for still thinking this will happen?

How could they? Pc community wouldn't let them away without fixing the game.

Has there been any word on the possibility of a pc port of MCC lately?  I know Larry Herb teased it like a year ago and I think it was Dan Aboob who said that we should "stay tuned" for MCC updates about a month ago.  I'm just wondering if there is anything new that I missed.  MCC on the pc is all i want from 343.

Edit:  Also I do you guys still think MCC on the pc is still a possibility?  Or am I dumb for still thinking this will happen?

It "exists" already (ala development builds, Halo: Online, ect ect), polishing and releasing it is up to Microsoft's super secret strategy team. Imo don't get your hopes up. Also, I don't know if its intentional, but I love "Dan Aboob".

How could they? Pc community wouldn't let them away without fixing the game.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Every Halo release on PC has had MCC level failures, and the only people who initially cared beyond simply ignoring the game (or its flaws) were a few players with standards. MCC fails and you had virtually the entire vocal community and a large group of gaming journalists who demanded fixes and made the game a meme across almost all of gaming itself as the pinnacle of a culture of pre-order hype and rushed development. Maybe a shitty PC port would make more outrage in this day and age, but there is no way it could ever match what has already transpired. 

Look at this website though. The one place where everyone is aware of what 343 pulled and yet.... All these people bought H5 anyways and will buy H6

That's not entirely correct. Yes, this website is composed of Halo fans who are overtly aware of 343i's failure, and mostly still buy Halo's anyway. We're the hardcore audience, the Halo nerds, the 11%, ect...Unfortunately for 343, we're an audience, who by 343's own admission, ultimately don't matter, especially sales-wise.

But outsiders to the franchise, as long as they have a faint idea of the going ons of the general gaming industry, are well aware of MCC's failure. You know, the people that 343 foams at the mouth for, the people they desperately try to appeal to with every generic mechanic they toss into the game? The people who matter?  They're the ones who will be dispelled by future Halo titles, whether by the MCC debacle, by Halo 5's universally panned campaign, or by 343's general tendency to mass alienate and piss off their existing customer base.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is ZERO chance I will buy H6, in the same way I did not buy H5.

The only way these clowns get me to buy H6 is if they bundle H3A with it and it's the only way to play it.

I wouldn't put it past them.

It "exists" already (ala development builds, Halo: Online, ect ect), polishing and releasing it is up to Microsoft's super secret strategy team. Imo don't get your hopes up. Also, I don't know if its intentional, but I love "Dan Aboob".

I intentionally put "Aboob" lol.  I think it was Saucy who accidentally mispronounced his name as "Aboob" on a bomb planted episode and the community just ran with it as a joke.  And I know his last name is weird and i didn't feel like looking up his name to spell it correctly.  So "Aboob" works.

You want a PC port of a PC port?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You want a PC port of a PC port?

We gotta get together again and play man if MCC hasn't put you into retirement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck 343, they have no moral standards. The studio is nothing but a platform for wannabe developers to improve their resume.

Halo is dead already, and I just feel sorry for people who believe otherwise. There is no "if halo 6 is bad the series will be done", that was MCC and halo 5. It's over.

imo, we needed a more natural formation of a studio to handle halo, like how bungie was formed.

Bungie was originally just a small team of gamers, that had a passion to be the best and deliver the best.

They didn't start with the big guns, they slowly grew, and when they got the call from MS, they knew how to execute.

They dropped the bomb at the right moment and did it perfectly, and just grew from their.

343 on the other hand, were just a bunch of fucks that Microsoft hooked up when bungie left to do destiny (and then was unfortunately hooked by Activi$ion)

They were from the very start given HUGE responsibilities, and were asked to take control of a franchise loved by MILLIONS; Halo.

And failed miserably, look at their reputation now.

Look at them, they don't have any left.

They're shameless at this point

We gotta get together again and play man if MCC hasn't put you into retirement.

I go through phases. I'll be back on the MCC sometime in the future, but I just get too burned out by the BS of it after a period of time.

The only way these clowns get me to buy H6 is if they bundle H3A with it and it's the only way to play it.

After what they did to H2A, even that couldnt get me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only way they would get to me to buy H6 is if they discounted it $1 for every lie they told about the MCC. Of course, it would be free at that point, so I wouldn't technically be "buying" it...

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only way they would get to me to buy H6 is if they discounted it $1 for every lie they told about the MCC. Of course, it would be free at that point, so I wouldn't technically be "buying" it...

They'd have to pay us  :kappa:

Lol that thread. This is why we can't have nice things.

(Repost without the offending content)

Time for another "this makes me sick" moment:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322517

It's not just the gushing over Halo 5. It's the fact that 343 is pouring content all over Halo 5 over a year since it launched, including a god damned custom game browser, something I've been waiting for in a god damn console Halo since 2002, and not giving the slightest s**t about the games that made the franchise (AND the Xbox brand) in the first place.

Microsoft LIED about what we'd get. And they continue to LIE about making up for it. All while promoting new titles that have f**k-all to do with what made Halo its own thing.

Holy heck, do I wish somebody would take them to task... -_-

• Upvote (+1) 3

-343 Dollars.  They'd owe us money. 

You are the last of your kind: bred for combat, built for war. You're the master of any weapon, pilot of any vehicle, and fear no enemy.

:mj:  :mj:  :mj:

Jordan.....game 6 type of clutch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9p3yO1gYiA

Yo @@Twisted M look at the snipe for 50. Almost hit you.

Damm man, never realized you whizzed that one by my face like that.

I'm glad you can clutch, 48-46 them, then you got 4 snipe kills I think. Despite all the bullshit, I still have fun playing this god damn piece of shit. H5 was working at launch but I couldn't play it more than a month, MCC is broken as shit and I've been playing Halo 1 on it for a year now still having a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 2