CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not sure about the MLG pop as I'm a filthy scrub and stay in Team Slayer. However I'm finding matches in under 30 seconds and 9/10 of maps voted for are Slayer DMR or Slayer Pro :weback:

Try Big Team Battle. Every game is DMR start and title updated, meaning less bloom and nerfed armor lock and invis.

Talk about fixing the game.

Word. I don't care to learn about how halo 2 online came to be. Online gaming is a thing. Cool. A fixed mcc isn't.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo CE on MCC still broke?

343 still didn't redeem themselves? 

How many millions of copies sold and how many people still playing?

You guys realize he does at work at 343 right?

I assume you meant "doesn't," but yeah. lol. The part of MCC that Certain Affinity worked on is actually the part that mostly works.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn, I thought by talk he meant pitching bringing H2 classic back online on XBL.

I wish.

I do remember bungie talking about how when Halo 2 was going to be released they ended up paying for huge (for the time period) servers to handle enough users for many times more than the total amount of people on xbox live as a whole, just for Halo 2 and that they were called crazy by pretty much everyone. But if they didn't do that then the amount of users Halo 2 had would've probably crashed xbox live for weeks or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

One thing I can't stand more than MCC not being functional is people quitting when the halo they vote for doesn't get picked... just ruins the entire game for everyone. I haven't noticed it more on any particular halo... fuck it annoys me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One thing I can't stand more than MCC not being functional is people quitting when the halo they vote for doesn't get picked... just ruins the entire game for everyone. I haven't noticed it more on any particular halo... fuck it annoys me.

half of them prob just get booted lol

And that's why multi-title playlists were a fucking dumb idea.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The game should be setup with a lobby where someone makes a room and lists the game type and map. The game tells location and ping for all players based on their IP. Whoever made the room can then kick players that are too far away. When the game launches, it's on a server so that all parties experience equal latency or as best as possible. Any other deviation from the above is pointless.

I have no desire to play on someone's 3rd country horrible host and then have them message me with excuses about why they lost on their own shit host.

Has anyone tried tweeting 3v4 to fix this bloody game? What was their response?

They ignore the tweets.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They ignore the tweets.

WTF seriously? In that case they don't acknowledge the existence of MCC anymore.  I was hoping to play a functional version of Halo 1 for the first time in a decade.

WTF seriously? In that case they don't acknowledge the existence of MCC anymore.  I was hoping to play a functional version of Halo 1 for the first time in a decade.

They don't, but we do our best to remind them of the failure that they are.  

1 out of 7 tries in halo 1 is functional.  You need to be matched up against players who are in your location and aren't streaming or doing anything else to hinder their connection.  Then and only then will it be some what representitive of an OG halo 1 experience.  

For those of you who don't know, Magni2ude and B11 just completed a challenge for $2,000 in which they had to get Magni2ude a level 50 in team doubles in less than 48 hours. They got it with 2 minutes to spare. Here's the link to the VOD if you haven't seen it: twitch.tv/magni2ude/videos/all

• Upvote (+1) 1

No to PC for me until there is a proper controler mapping software where the control movement is as fluid as it is on console.

Essential 3rd Party App: XPadder

• If you want to plan to play with a controller, you will need XPadder.
  • Download from: http://xpadder.com/i...hp?l=&en=Hello!
  • You will need to make a profile for your controller. I won't list detailed instructions for profile creation and controller setup here, but for necessary tweaks to the left stick's deadzone and button mapping, see below.

Honestly if you really want to play H1 that bad $10 bucks isn't that horrible of a price to pay. They have a small discord that you can get groups of people who want to run. The gameplay from Hasuku that is in that thread is with a controller and xpadder.

Honestly if you really want to play H1 that bad $10 bucks isn't that horrible of a price to pay. They have a small discord that you can get groups of people who want to run. The gameplay from Hasuku that is in that thread is with a controller and xpadder.

he said as fluid, xpadder only makes it go from 4 directions to 8. xbox has 360 :S
  • Upvote (+1) 1

he said as fluid, xpadder only makes it go from 4 directions to 8. xbox has 360 :S

You're right, but I mean its a ton better than the stock controller support that is built into the game.

I guess you'll make a sacrifice no matter how you play CE online.

Anyone know how to stop MCC backing me out of the search? Can't search any playlists at the moment because it backs me out to the menu. Did a hard reset to no avail...

Anyone know how to stop MCC backing me out of the search? Can't search any playlists at the moment because it backs me out to the menu. Did a hard reset to no avail...

I'm actually having the same problem right now. I don't think I've ever had this happen to me even in the horrible launch mess