CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

New episode up.

These videos are a blast to watch and while I do disagree with some of his points its generally hitting the nail on the head with each game. Its probably one of the best recaps I've ever watched about a series detailing the high notes, their impacts, and downfalls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't consider COD4 a "classic" game by any sense of the word.

I would. No over the top abilities, no gimmicky abilities, no unnecessary things that muddy the gameplay, just simple and easy to understand. Has a good skill gap and you don't need a modded controller to play it at a high level. Fun for noobs, fun for vets.

All the things Halo used to be and what everyone wants to see come back. Sure, people 25+ or older will refer to the Quakes and Unreals of the world as classics, but for this generation, H2/H3 and COD4 are classics before all that crap that infests every new game.

Regardless, it's a good thing that the COD community and pros are basically rejecting infinite warfare at this point, MWR is soaring on twitch, and the next COD game will hopefully be boots on the ground because of community pressure. COD going away from all the abilities and gimmicky stuff would be a huge step towards getting rid of that shit all together, and it would be a good thing for the next Halo as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know whats sad?  Is that 343 believes that we are just the "vocal minority."

When in reality all it takes it to look at what the silent majority have done: 5 million+ copies of your game were sold, and now less than 15k play it on average every day.

Rationalize all you want 343 - but you havnt been able to make a game that people want to keep playing. 

It has nothing to do with the gameplay. People don't like or dislike a game because of it's gameplay.

Everyone knows Halo has decreased in popularity because of the super moon.

Dumbass

• Upvote (+1) 5

New episode up.

I'm not a big fan of these things because on the multiplayer side, he doesn't exactly know what he is talking about in some points. He just said that flinching is the removal of descope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know whats sad?  Is that 343 believes that we are just the "vocal minority."

When in reality all it takes it to look at what the silent majority have done: 5 million+ copies of your game were sold, and now less than 15k play it on average every day.

Rationalize all you want 343 - but you havnt been able to make a game that people want to keep playing. 

There are too many factors to be able to say that Halo's shitty gameplay and broken products for the last 6 years is the cause of its decline. It's a totally different market now, which is why most of it is playing Call of Duty, a game that did not exist in 2007. There's no way of knowing if any of the last 3 failed Halo games would have done better if they played anything like the original wildly successful ones.

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Too many factors? Not sure if that is sarcasm or not. I'd say Halo's shitty gameplay is 100% to blame for the franchise's decline. I've played many thousands of games of H2, H3, and way, way too much Reach BTB, which I still play today to get my Halo fix in. I'm a diehard Halo player and my bullshit tolerance is higher than most, I'd say, however there is no way hell I would waste my time on shit games like Halo 4 or Halo 5. And if someone who is an absolute, passionate Halo diehard with a high bullshit tolerance like myself is rejecting Halo 4 and Halo 5, it's hard to imagine anyone else actually enjoying these games. If my employer told me I could choose between doing my job or playing Halo 5, I would choose my job. I hate Halo 5 that much.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Finally got around to reinstalling Halo Reach. I thought my friend was joking when he said the graphics are better than Halo 5.

Texture's are higher, art is nicer, animation is nicer, gun details is FAR better. Sure it's 30fps/720p but that doesn't bother me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally got around to reinstalling Halo Reach. I thought my friend was joking when he said the graphics are better than Halo 5.

Texture's are higher, art is nicer, animation is nicer, gun details is FAR better. Sure it's 30fps/720p but that doesn't bother me.

Too bad the motion blur is nauseating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Too bad the motion blur is nauseating.

Heh. It's tolerable for me, but I'd rather it wasn't in.

Too many factors? Not sure if that is sarcasm or not. I'd say Halo's shitty gameplay is 100% to blame for the franchise's decline. I've played many thousands of games of H2, H3, and way, way too much Reach BTB, which I still play today to get my Halo fix in. I'm a diehard Halo player and my bullshit tolerance is higher than most, I'd say, however there is no way hell I would waste my time on shit games like Halo 4 or Halo 5. And if someone who is an absolute, passionate Halo diehard with a high bullshit tolerance like myself is rejecting Halo 4 and Halo 5, it's hard to imagine anyone else actually enjoying these games. If my employer told me I could choose between doing my job or playing Halo 5, I would choose my job. I hate Halo 5 that much.

It's sarcasm. Note the  :kappa: 

Are you playing on Xbox One? It runs excellent now, and apparently more FPS than on the 360. The only problem I had was with the Xbox One controller(thumbsticks way too sensitive), so I bought a Xbox 360 to Xbox One controller converter and have been loving it.

Are you playing on Xbox One? It runs excellent now, and apparently more FPS than on the 360. The only problem I had was with the Xbox One controller(thumbsticks way too sensitive), so I bought a Xbox 360 to Xbox One controller converter and have been loving it.

Yeah Xbox One. Good stuff.

Can you use your headset with it?

Can you use your headset with it?

Not a wired headset. That's the only limitation. You'd have to get an Xbox One wireless headset to talk, which I have yet to do. The controller converter I bought is called MagicStick on Amazon. Totally worth it for me because I cannot aim worth a damn with the Xbox One controller on Reach.

I never played Reach when it first released but picked up a copy when they fixed the backwards compatibility frame rate issue. Barely touched H5 since. It's so much more fun. Sure, armour abilities are lame, but no lamer than spartan abilities and ADS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I never played Reach when it first released but picked up a copy when they fixed the backwards compatibility frame rate issue. Barely touched H5 since. It's so much more fun. Sure, armour abilities are lame, but no lamer than spartan abilities and ADS.

Headhunter is the shit. What's the mlg pop like? Might hop on today, anyone wanna run a few games of reach? Or mcc?

Headhunter is the shit. What's the mlg pop like? Might hop on today, anyone wanna run a few games of reach? Or mcc?

Not sure about the MLG pop as I'm a filthy scrub and stay in Team Slayer. However I'm finding matches in under 30 seconds and 9/10 of maps voted for are Slayer DMR or Slayer Pro :weback: 

All this talk about Halo Reach on Xbox One.

I reinstalled if after the big update that was said to fix all the issues.

I still get input lag. Noticeably better than before, but definitely worse than MCC. I can't be the only one...?

Wait...

WHAT

Like talking about how it came to be. A lot of game devs do this, always fascinating to listen to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like talking about how it came to be. A lot of game devs do this, always fascinating to listen to.

Damn, I thought by talk he meant pitching bringing H2 classic back online on XBL. I'm stupid

I love this kinda stuff though. I miss vidocs and I love retropectives like Hardy's blog