CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

All you kids talking shit about 343 are pathetic. You wouldnt say that to them at their office, they're all fucking jacked. Not only that, they all wear the freshest clothes, eat at the chillest restaurants, and hang out with the hottest dudes. SMH

Oh I can GUARANTEE you I would have no problem voicing my concerns directly to them

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.twitch.tv/ogre2

Ogre 1 & 2 playing some MCC. Depressing seeing how long it's taking for them to find matches though.

Doesn't Ogre 1 live in like Australia now?

Not that search times are great anyways, it can definitely take me upwards of 5 minutes for a CE match.

Doesn't Ogre 1 live in like Australia now?

Not that search times are great anyways, it can definitely take me upwards of 5 minutes for a CE match.

Someone in chat said he's in L.A. now. But I'm not sure. 

At the absolute very least, for the 15 year anniversary, it would have been great for 343 to have refreshed the MCC playlist to include a bunch of CE playlists; CE 2v2, CE 4v4, CE objective, CE BTB...even CE race! I think that would have been a great way for XB1 players to celebrate 15 years of the first Halo game.

But nope.

• Upvote (+1) 5

At the absolute very least, for the 15 year anniversary, it would have been great for 343 to have refreshed the MCC playlist to include a bunch of CE playlists; CE 2v2, CE 4v4, CE objective, CE BTB...even CE race! I think that would have been a great way for XB1 players to celebrate 15 years of the first Halo game.

But nope.

in 343 eyes, mcc doesnt exist.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

But nope.

They added a playlist of Forged replicas of Halo 1 maps to Halo 5:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-15th-anniversary-celebration

That article makes me sick. They gush about how great Halo 1 was, then continue to use Gearbox's inferior PC port for all console re-releases, and add more crap on top of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So guys project cartographer (h2v updated) has really been gaining traction the past couple weeks. Hootspa recently developed a new hit registration update and it literally feels like lan compared to mcc/old vista. I really suggest you guys give it another shot, I haven't been this hyped to play h2 in a while. A bunch of the old xbc/mcc guys have made the switch and we're getting 4's going pretty much every night. I really should make a video to show off the new hit reg bc it is unbelievably good.

here's the discord if anyone's interested

https://discordapp.com/invite/ZCPhBNm

• Upvote (+1) 6

A 4vs4 UMG COD4 tourney has 10k viewers right now on a Thursday night. Hopefully this sends a message to the video game world that everyone is starting to get tired of the direction of FPS games. 10k viewers is more than all of Infinite Warfare's viewers right now.

I hope were on the verge of reversing the trend back to classic games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 4vs4 UMG COD4 tourney has 10k viewers right now on a Thursday night. Hopefully this sends a message to the video game world that everyone is starting to get tired of the direction of FPS games. 10k viewers is more than all of Infinite Warfare's viewers right now.

I wish you were right but i just checked and the guy has 300k follwers. He prob pulls 10k to any game he streams lol.

Yet another botched port that's going to get much more scrutiny than anything Microsoft does:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1316541

Jesus Christ I've never laughed harder at a neogaf thread.

So guys project cartographer (h2v updated) has really been gaining traction the past couple weeks. Hootspa recently developed a new hit registration update and it literally feels like lan compared to mcc/old vista. I really suggest you guys give it another shot, I haven't been this hyped to play h2 in a while. A bunch of the old xbc/mcc guys have made the switch and we're getting 4's going pretty much every night. I really should make a video to show off the new hit reg bc it is unbelievably good.

Can confirm, very dank. Anyone who likes Halo 2 should check it out.

I wish you were right but i just checked and the guy has 300k follwers. He prob pulls 10k to any game he streams lol.

Ive watched him play COD 4 for a few nights now doing wagers and small tourneys, he usually has around 3k viewers. So he definitely has a following, but I think he got up to 11k tonight which is quite a bit over the usual. I could see a legit COD 4 tourney getting 20,000+ without any big names playing in it. Who knows what would happen if pros were in it.

Regardless, it's nice to see older games making a slight comeback. COD4 isn't the "halo arena" type of game we all want to see comeback, but I think it's a step in the right direction. Demand and viewership is there.

I wouldn't consider COD4 a "classic" game by any sense of the word.