CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Diminishing returns.......... These people.

How about you give us a working version of H3 because we deserve it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be fine if they would just make Halo 3 backwards compatible why haven't they done this yet?

I would be fine if they would just make Halo 3 backwards compatible why haven't they done this yet?

Because H3A

I got my wisdom teeth pulled to dodge a field training exercise that would have made me miss the launch of this game. Literally got teeth pulled out of my face to play campaigns I've already played.

Wanted to neg this cos 343. Fuck that, man.

Edz: I fortunately didn't play at launch. I'd say I would have freaked out something serious.

Word. If they're not going to make H3A why not do this? Hate these people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Testing still needs to go into it to ensure it runs smoothly on the Xbox One. Why bother doing that when MCC is there.

Yeah, I know it's not ideal but that's the excuse you will hear.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so i'm a bit behind the loop.. what exactly is the issue with mcc?

343 will become very familiar with diminishing returns over the next few years. I'm predicting that Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6(a refined Halo 5 lol) will absolutely tank in sales. Their arrogance, terrible Halo games, and refusal to fix MCC will catch up with them.

• Upvote (+1) 8

343 will become very familiar with diminishing returns over the next few years. I'm predicting that Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6(a refined Halo 5 lol) will absolutely tank in sales. Their arrogance, terrible Halo games, and refusal to fix MCC will catch up with them.

Halo Wars 2 won't do well because it's an RTS on console, and they never do well. It very well might be a quality game just like the first one, but it won't matter because it's totally a niche game. So that is actually a bit unfair to say. But Halo 6? Yeah that game is going to sell like garbage, guaranteed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

goosebumps

Why Goosebumps?

If I had to guess, I'd say it looks like they're going to use the anniversary of the release of the very game that justifies their existence as a marketing opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could fast forward in time to see how shitty h6 sells

Sadly, so many people will still buy H6 because it says "Halo" on the box -- and 343 knows this. 

Why anyone continues to give them their money baffles me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

But Halo 6? Yeah that game is going to sell like garbage, guaranteed.

The masses really like Halo 5's junk food multiplayer. And if there's one thing that Microsoft gets right more often than not, it's marketing. Post-Reach Halo is sh**, Kinect was sh**, the Xbone is sh**, but they've made money on all of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The masses really like Halo 5's junk food multiplayer. And if there's one thing that Microsoft gets right more often than not, it's marketing. Post-Reach Halo is sh**, Kinect was sh**, the Xbone is sh**, but they've made money on all of it.

It's out of the top 20 most popular. They don't like it that much.

Each game's sales is largely dependent on the game that preceded it. Coming off of 4, MCC, and 5, it's not looking good. Even the campaign kids got shafted in 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The decrease in population directly relates to the divergence from expectations and thus repeated disappointments. I don't know what kind of idiot you would have to be to think diminishing returns applies to anything other than the amount of times 343 can bullshit the consumer without repercussions in this situation.  Their best bet is to cash in on bungie Halo and nostalgia because it has absolutely nothing to do with their shit tier brand.

• Upvote (+1) 9

so i'm a bit behind the loop.. what exactly is the issue with mcc?

A bit of everything. Inaccurate ports, UI/networking bugs, general instability/roughness. The worst part is that Microsoft/343 has rarely acknowledged the game since what was almost certainly its final patch over a year ago, and when they do, they act like there's NOTHING wrong with it. MCC was supposed to be a return to Halo's glory days, but now all we have is Halo 5, which is flashy, noisy junk food that has little to do with Bungie's Halos. And because people like junk food, Halo 6 will almost certainly be a continuation of the Halo 5 formula.

It's out of the top 20 most popular. They don't like it that much.

Each game's sales is largely dependent on the game that preceded it. Coming off of 4, MCC, and 5, it's not looking good. Even the campaign kids got shafted in 5.

The initial population didn't hold because of the weak campaign and a lack of multiplayer content. But those who held on for extra content are now singing its praises. Halo 6's marketing will accentuate Halo 5's positives and eliminate its negatives. If there's one kind of marketing that Microsoft does best, its getting people to forget their mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about you give us a working version of H3 because we deserve it?

Your avatar is still as brutal as ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, Halo should be MS main priority when it comes to the games on this console. How on earth could they let the game that made this console franchise get to such a low point.

They should have done whatever it takes to get MCC up and running in working condition and to help population numbers.

In an ideal world for MS, MCC and Halo 5 would be 1 and 2 on the population charts. That would also more than likely help sales as people would see how good Halo is doing and want to get an Xbox One.

They really have no idea what they're doing, and I seriously worry about whoever the person it is that decides how modern Halos games should be made because we've strayed so far from what gave MS a chance against Sony in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why Goosebumps?

If I had to guess, I'd say it looks like they're going to use the anniversary of the release of the very game that justifies their existence as a marketing opportunity.

the music

• Upvote (+1) 1