CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Two years ago today, Halo: The Master Chief Collection released.

:tear:

2 years ago 343 released a game that they KNEW wouldnt work, and STILL took everyones money anyway.  

At least No Mans Sky functioned when you bought it. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

2 years ago 343 released a game that they KNEW wouldnt work, and STILL took everyones money anyway.

At least No Mans Sky functioned when you bought it.

The greatest fleece of all time. Can't wait for their next one, the 90$ H3A/H6 package.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Next time, I'm not gonna fall for it. Unfortunately, like pretty much everybody else in this thread, I bought the Master Chief Collection at release and was bitterly disappointed within hours. I have since learned my lesson, never pre-order any game. I waited a good five months to buy Halo 5 and I will probably wait at least a fortnight before picking up Halo 6 (which I too believe will come with H3A). 

It is a massive shame that the gaming media did not interrogate 343 enough for shipping MCC in such a shitty state.

The greatest fleece of all time. Can't wait for their next one, the 90$ H3A/H6 package.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn 2 years already. The biggest disappointment of anything in my life. It literally killed all my interest in Halo going forward and interest in video games in general, I haven't enjoyed a video game since 2014. Thanks a lot 343. :(

• Upvote (+1) 5

Damn 2 years already. The biggest disappointment of anything in my life. It literally killed all my interest in Halo going forward and interest in video games in general, I haven't enjoyed a video game since 2014. Thanks a lot 343. :(

The halo we want is never coming back. In a couple of years 343 will put the final nail in the coffin.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's actually weird to think its been two years.

I still remember my first game. H2C on Beaver Creek. It started as a 3v4 for us, and I went 19/19 I believe.

The gap from H4 to MCC felt so much longer than from MCC to now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't worry guys we are so lucky to have 343 :) I'm thankful they listened and made up for MCC by giving us those special emblems and Halo 3:ODST campaign!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't enjoyed a video game since 2014.

The last great multiplayer shooter to release was Mount & Blade: Warband | Napoleonic Wars in 2012. This is a fact btw.

Can't believe its 2 years already. So depressing, I've found it hard to even buy games since then, I usually wait until they are a couple of weeks old. Lost all trust in developers lately.

I'll never get over how demoralising MCC was and still is, was more hyped for that game than any game I've ever played and they were all games I've put loads of hours into already.

Worst thing is thinking about what could have been. Pretty much 343s last chance to save this series and they fucked it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

HBLK5TU.jpg

In reply to a list of MCC issues posted on reddit... I mean... at least he's trying right?

• Upvote (+1) 3

HBLK5TU.jpg

In reply to a list of MCC issues posted on reddit... I mean... at least he's trying right?

He definitely is, which is all I can ask when it seems like he hasn't exactly been following Halo since Bungie took off from it.

2 years ago i took like 3 days off work to play 3 total games of broken halo. I search MM from 12am-8am, quit the build over 25 times not kidding, to get 1 match of halo 3 ARs on high ground

• Upvote (+1) 9

Next time, I'm not gonna fall for it. Unfortunately, like pretty much everybody else in this thread, I bought the Master Chief Collection at release and was bitterly disappointed within hours. I have since learned my lesson, never pre-order any game. I waited a good five months to buy Halo 5 and I will probably wait at least a fortnight before picking up Halo 6 (which I too believe will come with H3A).

I will pre-order the next mainline Elder Scrolls game, even though Bethesda Game Studios is famous for bugs. At launch, Skyrim had disappearing textures, dragons getting stuck in the ground, incompletable quests, and lockups. Yet it was an order of magnitude more playable than MCC's multiplayer at launch. Not to mention each patch FIXED (rather than "improved") a lot of stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When MCC was released I bought a trip to the Canary Islands for my family ($5000) but I stayed home. I had take a whole week of and I was so hyped to once again play all my favorites. I thought I was worth it after working my ass of for many years. I still remember the day and....ehhh...I played Halo 4 on 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When MCC was released I bought a trip to the Canary Islands for my family ($5000) but I stayed home. I had take a whole week of and I was so hyped to once again play all my favorites. I thought I was worth it after working my ass of for many years. I still remember the day and....ehhh...I played Halo 4 on 360.

I think I can remember you posting about this on the day it released.

goosebumps

How dare they, when they have sh** on the one and only Halo, the game that made the Xbox brand, 3 times in a row, in 2003, 2011, and 2014, and clearly have no intention to ever, EVER, make things right.

HOW. DARE. THEY.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here comes our 90$ H3A/H6 announcement

Oh god in fuck I hope not. We need the year for all the attention deficit kids to get used to h3a so when h6 comes out people will have it fresh J their heads how trash 343s halo games are and for the love of god, if 3 does happen, the commmooonity must band together and make sure 343 doesn't have nade hit markers in it. God they're so stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1