CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

That's not true! Most notable differences; in h3 you have to lead slightly more than the original.

lol

Come on man.

lol

Come on man.

The aiming in MCC H3 is nowhere near the original. The movement speed of the reticle is totally off.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The aiming in MCC H3 is nowhere near the original. The movement speed of the reticle is totally off.

You guys are being ridiculous if these are the type of things that are making the game "completely broken" and "totally unplayable".

• Downvote (-1) 8

The hit detection in all 3 is WAY off. Like not even close. At all. That's not even going into alllll the reasons as to why. And yes, a completely shitty aiming system will stop people from enjoying a game. You know, the thing you are doing the entire time you are playing? There are so many gameplay bugs and things of that nature it's ridiculous.

Oh and the leading in H3 isn't slight, it's HUGE. You have to lead an insane amount at ranges and the hit detection is piss. H2 melees don't work half the time and the registration is also bad. CE shots will literally dance around an AFK player because the magnetism is broken. And again, that's not going into specific bugs which, as you can see from the CE bug list, is a lot.

I find the hit detection in MCC H3 to be much better than it was back in the day. Probably because generally speaking people's internet has improved over the past decade(mine included). Leading feels, the same as before. I mean I played over 5,000 games of H3 and still played the 360 version on a semi regular basis up until a few months before H5 launched. Maybe you just forget what it was like?

Again, I can't really speak to HCE because I never really played the multiplayer back in the day. I have a ton of fun when I get to play it in the MCC but im sure hardcore players will notice flaws within it much more than I will playing idiots in TS(I can never find a game in the HCE playlist).

Either way it's not as though the game is completely and utterly broken. All of the things you are listing are things that only really, really hardcore players are going to even notice. At launch it didn't work. The game was actually broken and you guys act like it's still that bad.

I'd rather be positive about the game because those games still provide better gameplay than anything else you'll find on xbox one.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I find the hit detection in MCC H3 to be much better than it was back in the day. Probably because generally speaking people's internet has improved over the past decade(mine included). Leading feels, the same as before. I mean I played over 5,000 games of H3 and still played the 360 version on a semi regular basis up until a few months before H5 launched. Maybe you just forget what it was like?

Again, I can't really speak to HCE because I never really played the multiplayer back in the day. I have a ton of fun when I get to play it in the MCC but im sure hardcore players will notice flaws within it much more than I will playing idiots in TS(I can never find a game in the HCE playlist).

Either way it's not as though the game is completely and utterly broken. All of the things you are listing are things that only really, really hardcore players are going to even notice. At launch it didn't work. The game was actually broken and you guys act like it's still that bad.

I'd rather be positive about the game because those games still provide better gameplay than anything else you'll find on xbox one.

CE plays completely different. Some maps have geometry changes, leading is inconsistent, and the pistol is piss easy compared to the OG
  • Upvote (+1) 4

The hit detection in all 3 is WAY off. Like not even close. At all. That's not even going into alllll the reasons as to why. And yes, a completely shitty aiming system will stop people from enjoying a game. You know, the thing you are doing the entire time you are playing? There are so many gameplay bugs and things of that nature it's ridiculous.

Oh and the leading in H3 isn't slight, it's HUGE. You have to lead an insane amount at ranges and the hit detection is piss. H2 melees don't work half the time and the registration is also bad. CE shots will literally dance around an AFK player because the magnetism is broken. And again, that's not going into specific bugs which, as you can see from the CE bug list, is a lot.

CE plays completely different. Some maps have geometry changes, leading is inconsistent, and the pistol is piss easy compared to the OG

I'm honestly genuinely curious to the amount of playtime some individuals have when it comes to the original versions of the games. Like CE (PC) vs CE (OG) are completely different. Light years different. That's mainly why NHE and GMYF even exist (yes, fully aware of the additional reasons like maps/timers/etc lol)!

Me and @@Stoppabl3 went back to the 360 version of Halo 3 during MCC's release and the hit registration and aiming are entirely different. Me personally I've played almost 50,000 some odd games of Halo 2 and 3* at minimum. Not to mention I've competed in every Halo up until Reach; there's a telling difference lol. The aiming in MCC's Halo 3 kind "slides" in a way that I can't explain. I've heard of people in this thread removing the thumbsticks and using the 360 controller thumbsticks and there is a noticeable difference, but I haven't done it for myself so I can't say. So it could just be the Xbox One controllers/dead zones in general.

Now of course, this is not to say that the games are literally unplayable. Obviously you can get on the game and enjoy it for what it's worth, but for the people who lived tried and true to all of the original releases of the game it makes a significant difference. The only game that plays true to its OG version is Halo 4 honestly. Halo 3 being a close second. Halo 2 and CE don't play anything like the originals.

• Upvote (+1) 8

50,000 games.

Even the most cheetos encrusted basement dwellers topped out at around 25k and you doubled that.

Whats your GT?

I'm honestly genuinely curious to the amount of playtime some individuals have when it comes to the original versions of the games. Like CE (PC) vs CE (OG) are completely different. Light years different. That's mainly why NHE and GMYF even exist (yes, fully aware of the additional reasons like maps/timers/etc lol)!

Me and @@Stoppabl3 went back to the 360 version of Halo 3 during MCC's release and the hit registration and aiming are entirely different. Me personally I've played almost 50,000 some odd games of H3 at minimum. Not to mention I've competed in every Halo up until Reach; there's a telling difference lol. The aiming in MCC's Halo 3 kind "slides" in a way that I can't explain. I've heard of people in this thread removing the thumbsticks and using the 360 controller thumbsticks and there is a noticeable difference, but I haven't done it for myself so I can't say. So it could just be the Xbox One controllers/dead zones in general.

Now of course, this is not to say that the games are literally unplayable. Obviously you can get on the game and enjoy it for what it's worth, but for the people who lived tried and true to all of the original releases of the game it makes a significant difference. The only game that plays true to its OG version is Halo 4 honestly. Halo 3 being a close second. Halo 2 and CE don't play anything like the originals.

It's either lack of play time or just ignorance. Sure people might not notice a difference but that doesn't mean it isn't there. How many people TO THIS DAY still believe the H3 BR didn't have spread? Lol I wish people just understood issues and just admitted they don't care. The issues are there, whether they acknowledge them is a different issue. But I do find it crazy that people can't see the blatant difference between MCC and the originals. Maybe they just haven't played them recently.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Being complacent about the remaining bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC is going to get us nowhere. It honestly pisses me off when people like yourself try to trivialize legitimate bugs/issues that the MCC has by treating them like they aren't a big deal. Let me put it this way, the MCC has so many hindering technical issues/bugs that even if all the games on the MCC played exactly like their original counterparts that there would still be a lot of remaining issues on the MCC that would still deter players from wanting to play the game.

There are a lot of general game issues with the MCC that aren't specific to any one game on the MCC and that can affect anybody that plays the game. Here I'm going to briefly list a few of them off of the top of my head that I can think of:

• A ton of UI bugs that can prevent players from being able to find matchmaking games.
  • A whole bunch of game chat issues that ranges from not being able to hear any of your teammates at all to being able to only hear certain teammates on your team. In rare occasions you can even hear your opponents game chat in the middle of a game even though your audio settings are set to only being able to hear your own teammates. MCC's piss poor game chat forces players to use external chats such as party chat, Skype, and Discord. The MCC's game chat issues are incredibly frustrating when trying to play custom games and you're forced to use separate party chats for both teams.

• No host migration. This is horrible because when the host leaves the game the match will automatically end regardless if it's a matchmaking game or not.

• Not being able to join players that are in the middle of a custom game. Very frustrating when players lag out in the middle of a custom game and aren't able to rejoin until after the game has ended.

• Not being able to change teams in the middle of custom games. This prevents players from being able to play certain game types properly. For example players aren't able to play infection properly in Halo 2 Classic because they can't change teams in the middle of the game.

Anyways here's a halowaypoint link that lists a lot of the bugs/issues that the MCC has.

• Upvote (+1) 7

50,000 games.

Even the most cheetos encrusted basement dwellers topped out at around 25k and you doubled that.

Whats your GT?

Eh, I was up there somewhere. Maybe not 50k, definitely close to 30k or more though. Believe it or not, as much as I really don't like Halo 3 anymore, I played it constantly. I made a ton of friends who are still friends irl to this day because of that game. Not to mention Halo was practically the only game I played religiously. Once I ended up actually having a life, college, girls, boxing, etc.. that cut down tremendously obviously lol.

Still played AAU basketball and boxed throughout my childhood though, not really a basement dweller lol. Those include stupid custom game that only lasted a couple minutes and events I've went to.

I had several GTs. My GT during those days were mixed mainly between So SiK KiD II, FeaR DeucEy, and FeaR ShinDeucEy along with a bunch of other MLG smurfs that I would just get 50s on. All of those tags were either banned/renamed to something else and renamed with another tag at some point so good luck trying to find the actual tags, I have zero idea which accounts were which.

I'll admit, I was a damn nerd when I was younger, Halo was all I played. Invited friends over, played for 2 days straight LANing in my living room until my parents physically removed us (the best times lol). I don't mind laughing at myself, go ahead and look at the very first gamertag on Xbox Live, Dad34 (Yes, I hated this gamertag with a passion lol) and that was pushing 30k.

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/PlayerStatsHalo2.aspx?player=dad34&sg=3

I ended up getting my own account at some point and that was my main account, xAKx RideOrDie. That was the account I ended up getting to a 40 in Team Hardcore and competed under.

All that being said, I don't have a problem admitting I had no life. I made a shit ton of friends playing Halo. Ended up getting a job at MLG because of Halo. Ended up getting into my career and moving from Chicago when I was 20 because of Halo. Now, I make a great living for myself, have a bunch of friends, and got a chance to travel across the country on MLG's dime specifically because of that game. Trust and believe I'm not embarrassed about my gaming habits when I was younger.  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's either lack of play time or just ignorance. Sure people might not notice a difference but that doesn't mean it isn't there. How many people TO THIS DAY still believe the H3 BR didn't have spread? Lol I wish people just understood issues and just admitted they don't care. The issues are there, whether they acknowledge them is a different issue. But I do find it crazy that people can't see the blatant difference between MCC and the originals. Maybe they just haven't played them recently.

It's just pure ignorance my man. There are people still to this day that think Halo 2 should be SMG start because "it promotes map movement."

Oh and you mean, "Hmm.. Really? My game is working just fine!" 

Sure it is, man. Sure it is.

• Upvote (+1) 7

After recently having a LAN night with friends on OG CE i can say with certainty that MCC CE plays nothing like the original.

Captain-Obvious-HotelsCom.jpg
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm at a convention. Went to the game room. Eight stations of MCC/H5 available. Not a soul playing. My friend and I try to set up a 1v1. No XBL connection, no LAN.

Sad.

Sorry for the late reply, couldn't get to a computer until now. 

Eight stations (some are behind the camera), and only one kid in a Luffy hat playing campaign. 

14917092_10207502874027092_8731143325799

Verbose snap. Really conveys the message.

Verbose snap. Really conveys the message.

With your name, I would say it captivates the message. But that's just me. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Being complacent about the remaining bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC is going to get us nowhere. It honestly pisses me off when people like yourself try to trivialize legitimate bugs/issues that the MCC has by treating them like they aren't a big deal. Let me put it this way, the MCC has so many hindering technical issues/bugs that even if all the games on the MCC played exactly like their original counterparts that there would still be a lot of remaining issues on the MCC that would still deter players from wanting to play the game.

There are a lot of general game issues with the MCC that aren't specific to any one game on the MCC and that can affect anybody that plays the game. Here I'm going to briefly list a few of them off of the top of my head that I can think of:

• A ton of UI bugs that can prevent players from being able to find matchmaking games.
  • A whole bunch of game chat issues that ranges from not being able to hear any of your teammates at all to being able to only hear certain teammates on your team. In rare occasions you can even hear your opponents game chat in the middle of a game even though your audio settings are set to only being able to hear your own teammates. MCC's piss poor game chat forces players to use external chats such as party chat, Skype, and Discord. The MCC's game chat issues are incredibly frustrating when trying to play custom games and you're forced to use separate party chats for both teams.

• No host migration. This is horrible because when the host leaves the game the match will automatically end regardless if it's a matchmaking game or not.

• Not being able to join players that are in the middle of a custom game. Very frustrating when players lag out in the middle of a custom game and aren't able to rejoin until after the game has ended.

• Not being able to change teams in the middle of custom games. This prevents players from being able to play certain game types properly. For example players aren't able to play infection properly in Halo 2 Classic because they can't change teams in the middle of the game.

Anyways here's a halowaypoint link that lists a lot of the bugs/issues that the MCC has.

The #1 issue this game currently faces is negativity, stigma and the population issues they cause. Im not saying the game has no issues. Im saying it is most definitely playable. Hell I run in to more bugs and issues playing H5 or blops 3 than I usually do on MCC.

The sooner you guys just stop bitching so much and try to enjoy the game for what it is, instead of what you want it to be, the better off we'll all be because in the end everyone in this thread is a fan of OG trilogy Halo and this is all we have left.

To directly respond to your list...

1. What UI bugs?

2. I haven't run into any of these chats issues you are referring to. Though I always play in party chat so maybe im just avoiding it.

3. Are you sure this is still a thing? I remember games abruptly ending months ago but it hasn't happened in the longest time and practically every game is littered with quitters.

4. I could see that being an issue. I don't play customs in MCC so I wouldn't know.

5. Same as above. These are the first two issues i've seen that make total sense.

• Downvote (-1) 16

The #1 issue this game currently faces is negativity, stigma and the population issues they cause. Im not saying the game has no issues. Im saying it is most definitely playable. Hell I run in to more bugs and issues playing H5 or blops 3 than I usually do on MCC.

The sooner you guys just stop bitching so much and try to enjoy the game for what it is, instead of what you want it to be, the better off we'll all be because in the end everyone in this thread is a fan of OG trilogy Halo and this is all we have left.

To directly respond to your list...

1. What UI bugs?

2. I haven't run into any of these chats issues you are referring to. Though I always play in party chat so maybe im just avoiding it.

3. Are you sure this is still a thing? I remember games abruptly ending months ago but it hasn't happened in the longest time and practically every game is littered with quitters.

4. I could see that being an issue. I don't play customs in MCC so I wouldn't know.

5. Same as above. These are the first two issues i've seen that make total sense.

Stop making a joke out of yourself bro

• Upvote (+1) 4