CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

a developer for the game runescape will reply to any tweet with a real, non-bullshit, answer no matter what the question is. He's not even a community manager. Meanwhile over at 343 we are lucky if one of 300+ employees even mention a problem in a 6month time period.

oHavva9.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 doesn't respect it's community. That's all it comes down to. They are more focused on selling what they think halo is than what the community believes it to be....by any means necessary.

Couldn't pay me to buy halo 6...

Looking back, MCC was just an obvious attempt to extort their old fan base one more time. I can't believe they are so short sighted. They don't care about Halo, it's just about the money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I remember seeing links to this site showing josh holmes and frankie posting all the time pre H5 launch. Then, once they had the sales they just stopped interacting.

It's pathetic.

It reminds me of Niantic and pokemon go. But atleast that's someone understandable as they're just a tiny mobile game dev that got blasted by their game blowing up. 343 is a massive, AAA console dev. They honestly operate as though they are a 5 person indie mobile gaming dev.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember seeing links to this site showing josh holmes and frankie posting all the time pre H5 launch. Then, once they had the sales they just stopped interacting.

It's pathetic.

It reminds me of Niantic and pokemon go. But atleast that's someone understandable as they're just a tiny mobile game dev that got blasted by their game blowing up. 343 is a massive, AAA console dev. They honestly operate as though they are a 5 person indie mobile gaming dev.

at least niantic updates their broken game...

Sooo...I've been thinking about playlists again.

Why not just put the social/casual modes of each game in the team slayer playlist, keep BTB as is with the big maps, and action sack/whatever rotational playlist with its whacky gametypes, and all the ranked individual games playlists feature the accepted competitive settings for those games.

This way, you are not forced to have voting power or play BTB to play modes that feature precision weapon starts and you can play for ranks in the settings people care about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not just put the social/casual modes of each game in the team slayer playlist, keep BTB as is with the big maps, and action sack/whatever rotational playlist with its whacky gametypes, and all the ranked individual games playlists feature the accepted competitive settings for those games.

This way, you are not forced to have voting power or play BTB to play modes that feature precision weapon starts and you can play for ranks in the settings people care about.

Because that would require 343 having sensible playlist management, and we can't have that, obviously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cuz universal settings philosophy is more important than the actual needs of the players dontchaknow?

(Sees modern warfare #3 on twitch) "yeah no way Microsoft is gonna make halo 3 anniversary. I mean why would they? Its not like they wouldn't automatically sell millions of copies!"

Honestly if they don't make it I would be shocked. It is obvious people obviously aren't sick of that sort of thing, and halo 3 was a huge event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm at a convention. Went to the game room. Eight stations of MCC/H5 available. Not a soul playing. My friend and I try to set up a 1v1. No XBL connection, no LAN.

Sad.

If you are still there, can you show the set up?

The new community manager at 343, Sketch, talked about MCC in today's weekly update. He said the team still knows about it, still talks about it, didn't really say if we will have another update. Guess it's better than Bravo not acknowledging MCC.

But I'm looking forward to see what he will do for Halo, seems like a really good dude.

The new community manager at 343, Sketch...But I'm looking forward to see what he will do for Halo

Um, nothing? He's a community manager. It's his job to improve PR, not to improve Halo. Yes, he might have more awareness than Bravo but that doesn't 343 is going to come back to MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The new community manager at 343, Sketch, talked about MCC in today's weekly update. He said the team still knows about it, still talks about it, didn't really say if we will have another update. Guess it's better than Bravo not acknowledging MCC.

But I'm looking forward to see what he will do for Halo, seems like a really good dude.

The question/answer:

Multiple people asked some variation of “What’s going on with the Master Chief Collection?”

That’s a great question and something I’ve been working to better understand during my first two weeks at the studio. What I do know is that nobody here has forgotten the launch issues and how it impacted the Halo community. It’s something that everyone in this studio lives through every day.

MCC continues to be played and enjoyed by a lot of people to this day, and while its been greatly improved since release…it’s not perfect.  I know some people still experience oddities and inconsistent behaviors that hamper their enjoyment, while others play and enjoy it just fine.

Many of you just want to know what’s going on and if you can expect further patches and updates in the future.  While I can’t definitively commit to specific fixes as this exact moment, rest assured that MCC continues to be discussed and researched internally as part of the broader “Halo sustain” plans and priorities, including the potential of playlist refreshes.

The studio as a whole shares my own personal desire to improve transparency with fans, so our community team will continue to help facilitate that dialog and share any and all news, even if it might not be what (or when!) the community ideally wants to hear, as soon as we have something to share.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Given that "talking about it" could simply amount to "let's continue to do shit all about MCC," I can't say we're really in any better position than we were before. I mean, of course they still know it's fucked ("not perfect" lol). They haven't really told us anything we didn't already know.