CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm on MCC now because I want to play Halo and enjoy myself but do not like Halo 5. Yet I already know trying to play MCC is going to result in me just being annoyed with the game. Again. It's sad that this is what my gaming has come to.

Well, here goes nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they would put Halo in the hands of a new Dev - Halo would have a chance at a comeback. 

No doubt. Halo is at rock bottom now. Pretty much any developer would be better than 343. I still wish it would just go back to Bungie under the stipulation that they make a true to form, original formula Halo game. No gimmicks, no bullshit, just straight up Halo.

I wouldn't count on that. If Bungie was consistent on anything, it was the desaturation of Halo multiplayer. With each iteration, it got worst and worst. If you look at Destiny's PvP and think of it as Halo MP, it fits in Bungie's pattern perfectly. Destiny has classes and didn't have private matches until two years after launch. I guarantee you that would have been Halo 4 if Bungie stayed on the series. We were screwed either way.

The reason I want Bungie to have the franchise back is that they have top notch technical skill. I can't think of a better developer when it comes to graphics, art style, physics, sound, UI, and smooth matchmaking. If I were Phil Spencer, I would be on the phone practically begging Bungie to take the franchise back with a huge monetary offer. The only stipulation I'd insist on is that Bungie make a true to form Halo using the original formula, which means no sprint, armor/Spartan abilities or game breaking gimmicks.

Bungie used to be decent with the community. Not great but they wouldn't leave us completely in the dark. They addresses major concerns with a patch for halo 2 that made the game better competitively. They added br start game types and hardcore. Way back in the day they used to have a very devoted fanbase even before halo came out.

Sadly as the years go on, more suits and money comes in, old people get pushed aside, and Bungie becomes a shell of what it once was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i said theyre going to keep updating MCC after Halo 5 right? So I think all they did post H5 for MCC so far is a Halo 3 Grifball playlist after 1 full year of H5 :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sadly as the years go on, more suits and money comes in, old people get pushed aside, and Bungie becomes a shell of what it once was.

But let's say Microsoft came up with a deal with Bungie that instructed them to create a true to form, original formula Halo game. Do you think that Bungie no longer has the technical skill to pull it off? Like, I don't care for Destiny, the game itself, but I admire the technical quality that has been put into it.

343i said theyre going to keep updating MCC after Halo 5 right?

Oh, yeah! I member.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But let's say Microsoft came up with a deal with Bungie that instructed them to create a true to form, original formula Halo game. Do you think that Bungie no longer has the technical skill to pull it off? Like, I don't care for Destiny, the game itself, but I admire the technical quality that has been put into it.

They wouldn't; Destiny seems like the culmination of where they wanted to take Halo. Not to mention they got bored of making Halo games after 3. I dont think it would be quite as good as you think.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think I've ever seen a franchise in general have such a complete disregard for their fan-base as I have with Halo. I can only recall one or two instances out of the hundreds of opportunities where there was even an actual developer response (not snide sarcasm or dismissive drivel) to legitimate complaints. In terms of actual communication, the community has been largely ignored throughout the entire course of the series. It's amazing that anyone takes the developers seriously anymore when they make any claim about community involvement or responding to issues.

It kills me how much wasted potential this series has, and it's largely due to incompetent developers.

Niantic with Pokemon go probably comes close, but I get and agree with your point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They wouldn't; Destiny seems like the culmination of where they wanted to take Halo. Not to mention they got bored of making Halo games after 3. I dont think it would be quite as good as you think.

Bored with Halo or not, they are technically talented and competent to do the job. Under proper instruction to make a true to form, original formula Halo and a big offer from Microsoft, I think they could make a great Halo game again. Would it touch HCE, H2, and H3...who knows, but it would be a far better product than 343 can ever dream of developing.

343i said theyre going to keep updating MCC after Halo 5 right? So I think all they did post H5 for MCC so far is a Halo 3 Grifball playlist after 1 full year of H5 :kappa:

Member when Halo was good? I member

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been playing lately since I have nothing to play until CoD4 and this happened, I wanted to puke.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Niantic with Pokemon go probably comes close, but I get and agree with your point.

Sonic fans have had it worse for much longer than us. Same with Spyro, but nobody cares about the purple dragon.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, yeah! I member.

Member when Halo was good? I member

O I member! But member call of duty!? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Microsoft wouldn't do that though. They are clueless. They are just as much a part of 343s decisions on Halo, guaranteed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm on MCC now because I want to play Halo and enjoy myself but do not like Halo 5. Yet I already know trying to play MCC is going to result in me just being annoyed with the game. Again. It's sad that this is what my gaming has come to.

Well, here goes nothing.

this is what has come to the halo community

We want to play a broken game soo bad so we can enjoy halo, even though we know the consequences

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't count on that. If Bungie was consistent on anything, it was the desaturation of Halo multiplayer. With each iteration, it got worst and worst. If you look at Destiny's PvP and think of it as Halo MP, it fits in Bungie's pattern perfectly. Destiny has classes and didn't have private matches until two years after launch. I guarantee you that would have been Halo 4 if Bungie stayed on the series. We were screwed either way.

Yeah, but Bungie gets a pass in my book. They did bring us Halo regardless if you liked it less after each release. 343 hasn't expanded the series in any meaningful "for me", and they turned their heads in dealing with MCC. Simply unprofessional. Reach BC eventually got fix and I'm guessing hasn't cannibalized any of H5 sales. Do the same for MCC or individually release previous versions of Halo. 

Sonic fans have had it worse for much longer than us. Same with Spyro, but nobody cares about the purple dragon.

Without Spyro and Crash Bandicoot I would've never gotten into Halo.