CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm just thankful I got to play H1-H3 in their prime and didn't experience them for the first time on this mess.

and for everyone who did experience it for the first time now thinks the older halo's are just slow and shit.

343 really has ruined halo

• Upvote (+1) 9

and for everyone who did experience it for the first time now thinks the older halo's are just slow and shit.

343 really has ruined halo

Yep. I couldn't wait to get my mates into H1 and H2, what a huge dissapointment.

It's a very small amount of people that think 343's Halos are good versus the many millions who thought Halo 1-3 were good, so their opinions on Halo are really irrelevant.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yep. I couldn't wait to get my mates into H1 and H2, what a huge dissapointment.

I wanted my friends who were cod fanboys to get into H3.... (sorry for h3, I just loved it).

But.... They had their frustrations with MCC and quit.

I wanted my friends who were cod fanboys to get into H3.... (sorry for h3, I just loved it).

But.... They had their frustrations with MCC and quit.

Yeah, its pretty infuriating, what is it with this franchise and dissapointment!?

Yeah, its pretty infuriating, what is it with this franchise and dissapointment!?

Greed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This weekend just gone i had a few friends visiting and after reading about people going to CE LANs and seeing Neighbours stream last week i asked them to bring up some OG xbox's and we set up on 2 tvs in my front room and played CE for 12 hours straight. 

After 1 game, the first comment was "why did we stop doing this?".  We are already planning the next session.  :weback:

Because with how consoles are, Microsoft/Bungie pressure us to drop a console for the next one, gutting communities on the previous console. Every previous and future Halo needs to come to PC already. It's time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I had some random clips saved on my computer, i was going to work on a funtage type thing but i don't have enough clips. i really don't feel like playing to get more.

Its not that great but some decent clips but nothing insane.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just put some new sticks on my OG Xbox controllers. Waddup

dV6axu2.jpg

Where did you get new sticks? From another controller? Or did @@Cujjer end up tracking down the manufacturer

Where did you get new sticks? From another controller? Or did @@Cujjer end up tracking down the manufacturer

Got some knockoffs from eBay, they aren't original and I'm sure they'll wear out faster but they fit and they work!

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the short term, 343 has won. Despite ruining the franchise, they are still apparently doing well enough to not be shut down by Microsoft, but it will most definitely catch up with them, if not with Halo 6 completely bombing, then probably Halo 7. Karma is a bitch. Eventually Microsoft will see Halo as no longer profitable enough to continue on with and 343 will be forced to shut it's doors. For me, that will be the silver lining.

I don't think they've won, I think they've merely survived. Halo 5 has trash sales and esports numbers relative to its franchise history and investment from Microsoft. Gears of war has had good numbers given the little investment in prizing and production, and the coalition has already generated a lot of good will. I think Microsoft will look at gears and say, why isn't halo generating the same numbers for the investment?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think Microsoft will look at gears and say, why isn't halo generating the same numbers for the investment?

And I wonder if Microsoft will blame Halo's decline in popularity on people just not being interested in Halo anymore or will they blame 343's incompetence?

• Upvote (+1) 2

And I wonder if Microsoft will blame Halo's decline in popularity on people just not being interested in Halo anymore or will they blame 343's incompetence?

If they would put Halo in the hands of a new Dev - Halo would have a chance at a comeback. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The real reason MCC is dead to me.

(they won't give Halo 5 voting, but they'll give a game with 100+ maps from entirely different games a broken one.)