CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Did you see theres a Halo 1 event in Santa Ana? I'm coming from NJ and would love to see you go.

When? It would be cool to get some actual CE in.

Who?

EDIT: weird, for some reason I can't see the name in his post, but it's in the quote

Thats been happening to me for as long as Ive been a member here.

We need to talk about playlist management.

First and foremost, any and all game modes not featuring precision weapon starts need to be fucking TAKEN OUT. If you aren't starting with a BR or pistol, that gametype's gotta go. Its 2016 - the people still left playing are basically Halo veterans now who know how to use their thumbs. AR's and SMG's turns Team Slayer from a casual fuck around fest to a playlist where you better hope you have voting power and don't get AR's on Isolation.

Number 2, reduce playlist count. Do it like this:

- Team Slayer (Unranked)

- BTB (unranked)

- Team Hardcore (ranked)

- Halo 3 (unranked)

- Halo 2 (unranked)

- Halo 1 (ranked) *remove any obj gametypes FFS

- Infection (unranked)

[Halo 1 remains ranked due to the playlist being the agreed upon competitive settings used on LAN]

Third, fix. this. damn. game. please.

@@Sal1ent @franklez @@Deez

• Upvote (+1) 2

First and foremost, any and all game modes not featuring precision weapon starts need to be fucking TAKEN OUT. If you aren't starting with a BR or pistol, that gametype's gotta go. Its 2016 - the people still left playing are basically Halo veterans now who know how to use their thumbs. AR's and SMG's turns Team Slayer from a casual fuck around fest to a playlist where you better hope you have voting power and don't get AR's on Isolation.

- Team Slayer (Unranked)

- BTB (unranked)

- Team Hardcore (ranked)

- Halo 3 (unranked)

- Halo 2 (unranked)

- Infection (unranked)

[Halo 1 remains ranked due to the playlist being the agreed upon competitive settings used on LAN]

Halo 4?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

- Team Slayer (Unranked)

- BTB (unranked)

- Team Hardcore (ranked)

- Halo 3 (unranked)

- Halo 2 (unranked)

- Infection (unranked)

I'd rather not get rid of snipers.  

Other than that, I agree we need more br starts in team slayer, h2, and h3.  And the obj in h1 is very annoying.

Also, I wish they would change the map weightings.  I play gemini too much.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who?

EDIT: weird, for some reason I couldn't see the name in his post, but it's in the quote

Thats been happening to me for as long as Ive been a member here.

It happens when you quote people on mobile.

As for playlists, I'd like to see each game get a Hardcore option, a BR's Slayer, and a BR's objective.  Killmachine is right. The game should always be played with a precision weapon start. It always should have been that way. Bungie was flat out wrong for having people spawn with AR's and SMG's, and time has proven it. It's unnecessary to keep it around, despite what stubborn Waypoint melvins that never bothered to learn how to play may think. Put that shit in Action Sack if it must exist. It's high time the Halo dev made a hard stand that BR starts is the official way these games should be played.

Once each game has decent gametypes and map weightings, then you can get rid of Hardcore. It doesn't have the population to support it, and the people that play it are adamant that they get their game and refuse to play the other. You might as well just incorporate the competitive settings into their respective game's playlist.

You can replace Hardcore with an H1 4v4 with some decent friggin settings this time.  No radar, 5 mins to win in Ball and Hill, 5 caps to win on Derelict, and get some Reverse Tag in there! It's an awesome gametype and H1 is the only place you can play it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's been two years. It's time to take the L and let it go.

It's not about that we didn't get what we were promised. It's about Microsoft/343 not acknowledging it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not just me, right? 

The radar in Halo 2 in really hard to see.

If only it had H2 in it as well.  Then I'd buy a plane ticket and hotel room.

There isn't anything set in stone yet, but I believe they would like to do a H2 and H3 event at the esportsarena. No idea about when or if they will infact go through with it but I know they all enjoy the games out there and would love to play again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not about that we didn't get what we were promised. It's about Microsoft/343 not acknowledging it.

Idk man. I can't find it in me to care anymore. They are never gonna say anything. They won this one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There isn't anything set in stone yet, but I believe they would like to do a H2 and H3 event at the esportsarena. No idea about when or if they will infact go through with it but I know they all enjoy the games out there and would love to play again.

If they had a tournament for the first 3 Halo games I would fly.

Idk man. I can't find it in me to care anymore. They are never gonna say anything. They won this one.

Yup.  Every social media outlet, website, blog, channel and whatever else completely forgot or ignored the fact that so many thousands of people got fucked over from MCC and 343i.  Dedicated fans lost time that they'll never get back.  I remember when the game was literally unplayable for the first month or so.  You could not get into a custom game or a matchmade game with other players.  I would say about 90% of the population moved onto the next CoD title or whatever else was going on in fall of 2014 when they realized that single player was the only mode that worked.  I remember close friends and long time Halo heads taking that week off of work when the game came out; they cared more about Halo than the creators ever have.  People used their damn vacation days and paid time off for the release and we had to spend hours downloading it before we realized what was happening.  That part always drove me mad, I bought the freaking physical copy of MCC and still had to wait a full 24 hours for the game to download on a decently high speed direct broadband connection. 

And I haven't even gotten to the money part yet.  You want MCC?  $60.  You want an Xbox One?  $400.  You want a real headset instead of that awful piece of plastic that came in the box?  More money.  You want three extra controllers to play with your friends?  $60 a pop.  You want Xbox Live Gold?  Pay up son.  This is why I got off the Halo bandwagon.  Once you realize a company is solely about the bottom dollar and does not give a fuck about you as a consumer, you have to speak with your wallet and let it go.  You wouldn't go back to a restaurant that gave you awful service with spit in your food would you?  You wouldn't go back to a telecommunication company that overbilled you while your service wasn't working would you?  Why does our community forgive and forget as if there's not a single other game to play or developer to support?  If you played H4 and/or MCC and then you went to purchase Halo 5 Guardians, let me tell you something you are the problem!  By purchasing, playing, supporting, talking about the new game you essentially shoved these disasters under the rug and beneath the public eye.  Look, I understand that it's impossible to stop people from buying the watered down, low skill level, everyone needs to win version of Halo that's been fed to us.  But you are the reason why the product is like this.  The market responds to what is being demanded.  

I think the truly worst part about it all is, we would have probably understood and not segmented even further if 343 would have just said they were sorry.  We never got a sincere, proper apology from that game studio.  We never saw remorse, we never saw them truly acknowledge the atrocities they committed.  We had the chance to be something great, we had the chance to be considered a legitimate top esport again.  343i has this God-complex that makes them think they are infallible; much like Bungie used to have.  The false (bought out) praise by gaming review organizations and websites makes the 343 higher ups feel like they shit out gold or something.  Look at the reviews on Youtube, look at the critics on IGN, you'll few 343i faults and negative impacts hardly mentioned anywhere.  I know I'm the vocal minority here, but does that make anything I have said incorrect?  

TL;DR: Play SSBM

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hard to believe we're already coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the biggest disappointment of all of our lives.

What's fucking my mind rn is that the amount of time that passed between H4 and MCC is about the same time that has passed since MCC and now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hard to believe we're already coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the biggest disappointment of all of our lives.

What's fucking my mind rn is that the amount of time that passed between H4 and MCC is about the same time that has passed since MCC and now.

This is the worst generation of halo

• Upvote (+1) 6

They won this one.

In the short term, 343 has won. Despite ruining the franchise, they are still apparently doing well enough to not be shut down by Microsoft, but it will most definitely catch up with them, if not with Halo 6 completely bombing, then probably Halo 7. Karma is a bitch. Eventually Microsoft will see Halo as no longer profitable enough to continue on with and 343 will be forced to shut it's doors. For me, that will be the silver lining.

• Upvote (+1) 4