CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I have never been able to play this. My xbox always says that it cannot read the disc. Does anyone else have the same problem? 

Happens to me, eventually will work and you just have to leave the disc inside forever.

My disc is in perfect condition btw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see why TB couldn't do crowd funded MCC tournaments. The fact that 90% of them were H2A was pathetic and is probably why they never really caught on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see why TB couldn't do crowd funded MCC tournaments. The fact that 90% of them were H2A was pathetic and is probably why they never really caught on.

Because most of them hardly worked?

Well yeah TB did a few classic Halo tournaments as well when the game first came out and was still very broken.  Now it's much better and tournaments could run easily but there's no forum nor entity that will host/organize anything unless it's H5.  Really sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well yeah TB did a few classic Halo tournaments as well when the game first came out and was still very broken.  Now it's much better and tournaments could run easily but there's no forum nor entity that will host/organize anything unless it's H5.  Really sad.

Hit registration is still a mess and crashes plus various UI bugs still happen.

Tournaments CAN be run, but not smoothly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would anyone run a tournament of this crap when is better and cheaper to run tournaments with the original versions? i mean you can get og xbox dirty cheap and even modify those to download the games for fkn free.

This is stupid lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would anyone run a tournament of this crap when is better and cheaper to run tournaments with the original versions? i mean you can get og xbox dirty cheap and even modify those to download the games for fkn free.

This is stupid lmao

Because that's more work and effort than anyone in the Halo community has ever done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because that's more work and effort than anyone in the Halo community has ever done.

I think that's a bit of an overstatement, see Beach LAN and associated LANs

I think that's a bit of an overstatement, see Beach LAN and associated LANs

Halo is comprised of a small circle of people who will stop at nothing to play genuine good competitive halo matches, and millions of people who cant be bothered to spend 10 minutes setting up h1pc or cartographer and playing a game they actually enjoy. I would love to pretend that our community is as involved as the smash 64 or melee community, but thats simply not true. Most halo players just accepted that the game they loved is dead.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo is comprised of a small circle of people who will stop at nothing to play genuine good competitive halo matches, and millions of people who cant be bothered to spend 10 minutes setting up h1pc or cartographer and playing a game they actually enjoy. I would love to pretend that our community is as involved as the smash 64 or melee community, but thats simply not true. Most halo players just accepted that the game they loved is dead.

Then they aren't part of the community. They're casual bystanders.

The community is comprised of the passionate folk who find a way to play the best version of their favourite title. The rest of the playerbase are just, well, players.

I've been working with the NHE team and I can assure you there is no shortage of passion or involvement where it matters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would play in a xlink h2 2v2 tourny. The thing is i dont think tb would ever run one because none of the admins have used xlink.

Now if only te nhe crew could figure out how to get rid of the 4box limit

• Upvote (+1) 1

XLink seems to be unstable sometimes. There are some days where I have no problems and I can play several games back to back, and other days where it will crash mid-match every time. I don't know if it's a problem with someone in particular or if the system just isn't as stable on some days.

I really like to play CE in this game but I legitimately can't tell if the hit detection is that bad or people have overshield.

I really like to play CE in this game but I legitimately can't tell if the hit detection is that bad or people have overshield.

The hit detection is a steaming turd. But sometimes it helps if you make yourself believe the guy had OS. Then it doesn't make you as angry.

The hit detection is a steaming turd. But sometimes it helps if you make yourself believe the guy had OS. Then it doesn't make you as angry.

Then I just get angry that there's no way of knowing if someone has the OS or not.

Then I just get angry that there's no way of knowing if someone has the OS or not.

Hit registration is terrible for sure. I mean after 5 shots and the shields are still flickering there's a really good chance they have OV, combined with whatever minute it is in the game and where they are on the map theres a couple ways you can assume. I would prefer it if the OS guy didn't stick out like a sore thumb with glowing OS, but def would like some sort of indicator like a different shield flare as you hit them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Combat Evolveded.

Did you see theres a Halo 1 event in Santa Ana? I'm coming from NJ and would love to see you go.

That's actually a bug from PC that carried over to MCC (shocking, I know).

So the major difference between Xbox version's LAN and PC/MCC's online netcode is that on Xbox, nothing is predicted. On Xbox everything is synced in real time (which is why, if you have high latency on XBC/XLink, everything feels delayed), and on PC/MCC the client tries to "guess" certain things in an attempt to mitigate that off-host delay you get from the Xbox version.

One of the things that doesn't sync between client/server on PC/MCC are the impact effects. So when you shoot someone and land a hit, you see a spark. The problem is that the spark is playing on your client and isn't necessarily indicative of whether or not you landed a hit on the server (the server is the authority when it comes to hit reg; server = host in P2P).

This bug is probably why the PC version needed hit sounds. It's yet another effect of Gearbox trying to optimize Halo PC's netcode for 56k dial-up connections at the turn of the century -_-

The aforementioned bug, coupled with a bug that's actually present in the original version, accounts for that. When you land a hit, two effects are supposed to play. One is the material response for when a projectile hits your shield. This is the spark mentioned above. This will play 100% of the time you land a hit, but will also play sometimes even though you didn't land a hit in PC/MCC. The other effect is the shield flare (your target's shield will light up all over the body). The Xbox version's bug (which is also present in PC/MCC) is that the second effect won't play under certain conditions related to the player's shield state when he picks up the OS. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think if your shield is charging while you're picking it up, the shield flare effect won't play but the sparks will. But since the sparks aren't even always indicative of a hit, it's really hard to tell whether you're landing shots on an OS guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1