CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This thing was nearing 300 votes a couple days ago and now its at like 115? the fuck?

Edit: Apparently the original one got taken down.

FUCK MICROSOFT

They just took down this one as well. So much for uservoice. What a fucking joke.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 can't even update Mcc to make small changes that would go a long way? Please never buy another game from them or spend another cent on them. It's an embarrassment.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Bravo @@Sal1ent 

Man I kid you not, I don't think people are asking for much at this point, but please for the love of everything that is Halo.. Can we PLEASE get some map/gametype updates for these playlists. I'm not even asking for fixes anymore, I just need playable settings at this point.

I'm not even the biggest fan of Halo 3 but I'll play it every once in a while. That playlist is literally garbage. Not trying to be mean but it really is.

For Halo 3: 

• PLEASE. MAKE. OBJECTIVE. BR. START. There's literally no reason why objective isn't BR start. No one ever picks objective (and rightfully so) because of the AR start nonsense. It should be like Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary where all the objective gametypes are BR start. Maps like Last Resort AR start One Bomb should never be a gametype. I'm fine with keeping that last slot for AR start. 
  • Please decrease the weighting on Standoff, Cold Storage, and Orbital. I think I may play those three maps 20x more than Heretic, Guardian, Pit, Construct, Foundry, Citadel... Shit, even Boundless and Epilogue! Combined! There should be no reason for this.

For Halo 2:

• Remove Burial Mounds. This is not a 4v4 map lol. Sorry to say this never has, and never will be a fun 4v4 map. Now BTB? Now we're talking.

CE Doubles and Halo 4 is good. I think CE should have the 4v4 playlist again, but that's just me because I loved playing 4v4s against people who want to play CE 4v4. Not Team Slayer kids who quit in 3 seconds because they didn't get their precious AR start Orbital.

I know I sound kind of irritated in this post, but enough is literally enough with this game. I'm tired of everything being complete shit when it came to MCC since literally the first day it came out. If you guys won't make the game free so we can at least populate the game we have, AT LEAST GIVE US THIS. There's no reason for there to be so many shitty gametypes in this game. I don't even mind Standoff, Cold Storage, Orbital, and crap being there. I'm just sick of playing those three stupid ass maps on Team Slayer constantly because no one will ever pick objective because of the AR start garbage. Like I said, I'm a CE and Halo 2 player mainly, but I play every game on the disc at some point. It would be nice to actually enjoy a bit of variety. That's why I don't mind the terrible maps. I do mind playing nothing but Team Slayer only on these same three maps.

And remove SMG starts from H2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And remove SMG starts from H2.

I know there's still one slot for SMG start Halo 2 (similar to the AR start Halo 3 slot on the far right), but at least we are given a Team Slayer BR mode and an Objective slot with all BR starts. I haven't played the SMG start slot a single time, so I can't complain too much I suppose. Although I agree. There shouldn't be any AR start or SMG starts period. But unfortunately we have to compromise with people who don't like BR starts.

I just want lockout, beaver creek, and construct in the snipers playlist.  I get snowbound and ghost town in the snipers playlist more than any maps.  Halo 3 is basically picked every time in snipers, and I love h3 snipes so that's fine, but sometimes I just want some h2 snipes on lockout, and it's not even an option in the playlist.  

Also, the team slayer map weighting is just insane.  Why are smg starts on gemini even a thing?  

He's referring to the part of the montage where a player melees with a shotgun, y's to rockets, and then melees again without throwing a nade.

Possibly because rockets have far greater melee range than the shotgun.

That's why people switch to the AR as well, outside of the faster animation.

They just took down this one as well. So much for uservoice. What a fucking joke.

What the fuck. That's pretty terrible of them. Like it's not even a troll post, it's a legitimate suggestion to fix aspects of a broken game. It wasn't even written badly.

Just when I thought I couldn't be more disgusted with these savages, I'm more disgusted.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 can't even update Mcc to make small changes that would go a long way? Please never buy another game from them or spend another cent on them. It's an embarrassment.

I sexually identify as an owner who doesn't own Halo 5.

I'm proud to be

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been outspokenly negative about 343 Industries since they released this shit-show of code.

And despite having sworn off Xbone long ago; at essentially $100 for the S Halo bundle, I jumped the gun and grabbed that shit.

The dilemma I'm having right now is whether to keep or sell MCC & the H5 disc that came along with it, bringing the cost of the console down to $80.

I have never played H5 out of protest, and haven't played MCC since DEC 2014.

Any suggestions?

MCC needs to completely abolished AR/SMG starts. It would make the whole game 200% more playable and really give the veterans a bone. There's so many obstacles for players looking to have a fair/balanced game, I can understand the lack of party restrictions but something as simple as gametypes/maps is just ridiculous.

The game has been out for two years now, everyone should be used to the mechanics of the game. People who prefer auto starts left the game over a year ago, the players who are left are just veterans struggling to play the series they love and take seriously. Players who have a problem with this need not worry because BR starts still have the auto as the secondary. This would be a great way to establish some much needed goodwill between the old fans and 343.

343 plz..

This so FUCKING much. I don't even want to play any playlist other than h1 or h4 because I have to worry that my starting weapons are going to be absolute ASS. Without voting power, good luck getting H2 BRs or H1 slayer over Blackout AR starts. Its a shitshow. Me and @ dodged like 3 times last night because of it.

I've been outspokenly negative about 343 Industries since they released this shit-show of code.

And despite having sworn off Xbone long ago; at essentially $100 for the S Halo bundle, I jumped the gun and grabbed that shit.

The dilemma I'm having right now is whether to keep or sell MCC & the H5 disc that came along with it, bringing the cost of the console down to $80.

I have never played H5 out of protest, and haven't played MCC since DEC 2014.

Any suggestions?

It may be worth giving H5 a try, you may like it.  If you dont you can always join the evolved settings discord and play that.

Personally i dont think not buying or playing a game is a particularly effective protest.  Its kind of like not voting, they just get away with worse with less of a mandate.  I actually dont hate H5 but think it has a number of issues which are fixable leading to H6 so i joined the community feedback program to put my opinions across.

As for the MCC, its at least playable for me but it can be very frustrating at times given that all objective games in H2/3 have terrible starting weapons.  I can only hope that H3a happens and gives them incentive to put some more work into MCC.  I wont hold my breath though.

Its up to you really but i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didnt buy H5 because H5 sucks.

I feel like an idiot for buying it, after Halo 4 and MCC. I was so hopeful it would be the game I could finally move on from Reach BTB, but nope. It's the last time I'll be burned by 343.

I was so hopeful it would be the game

Why? You knew it had sprint, long killtimes and stupid abilities before it was released.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You know what really annoys me... it's how silent people in the community with influence have been about MCC.

Why haven't the pro players spoken up about it more, and why is TeamBeyond silent about it now? Why did r/halo remove the stickied thread with MCC issues in it? MCC is still here and people still play it. More would play it if it was fixed.

No one with influence is calling 343 out anymore with regards to MCC. It's sad. Show's how shallow this community is.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You know what really annoys me... it's how silent people in the community with influence have been about MCC.

Why haven't the pro players spoken up about it more, and why is TeamBeyond silent about it now? Why did r/halo remove the stickied thread with MCC issues in it? MCC is still here and people still play it. More would play it if it was fixed.

No one with influence is calling 343 out anymore with regards to MCC. It's sad. Show's how shallow this community is.

Cause they need to stay on 343s good side so they get shout outs on the Internet. Cause it matters
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The pros don't have a backbone or standards. Proof: radar is still in HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 is a bunch of racist scumbags that force poor countries to play against Americans that have been lanning halo CE since it came out.

Take this poor little Colombian kid named Kaiser RaMirez who despite playing Halo CE on MCC 24/7, get's dominated every time I encounter him.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWuRLmMI6w

343 insists on making this poor fellow be matched up against Americans who slay him on the reg.  What satisfaction or feeling of a good game can one possibly have knowing that you simply beat a kid who most likely acquired an Xbox One through a Colombian cartel drug deal?  All he wanted was a chance to have a friendly game with his fellow Colombians from another part of Colombia, not get matched up against Americans all day that dominate him.   

My favorite is when the game loads and a full 2 minutes go by before the other team shows up in the game.

It's beyond ridiculous. 

People who prefer auto starts left the game over a year ago, the players who are left are just veterans struggling to play the series they love and take seriously.

If that were entirely true, then there wouldn't still be people constantly picking AR starts over CE or Halo 2 BRs in Team Slayer. I have to get a party together to vote for good game types so I don't QTB every other game.

If that were entirely true, then there wouldn't still be people constantly picking AR starts over CE or Halo 2 BRs in Team Slayer. I have to get a party together to vote for good game types so I don't QTB every other game.

I think its more of a H3 thing to be honest. MCC is infested with people who would vote ar slayer narrows over brs midship in a heart beat. Its sad that people prefer H3 but to be honest its a much more forgiving game. Uninitiated players get absolutely destroyed in H2 so I can see why they would pick the more casual game. I'm just asking 343 to at least make this game playable for those who get stuck with slayer on fucking "smashed"..