CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There will be more players on H3 Anniversary than H5, MCC, H4, Reach combined if it does indeed come out next year. H3 shits on those games any day of the week. Halo is no where near as popular these days for a reason.

Probably true.   

There will be more players on H3 Anniversary than H5, MCC, H4, Reach combined if it does indeed come out next year. H3 shits on those games any day of the week. Halo is no where near as popular these days for a reason.

Wait, weren't you banned?

Don't get me wrong, I love 2v2 and 4v4 in CE as much as anyone else.

But 8v8 CE is the stuff of magic.  

The pistol means you are never out of the game, even if they have you pinned with tanks.

Give me Sidewinder, Gulch, Timberland and Danger canyon on rotation and I'd never play anything else.

This. SO much this...

Please do. Something's better than nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2v2 CE, back in the day

Split screening with your partner, literally kills everything 343 has done.

The good ol' days have always been good.

True Story.  Nothing else in Halo has made me feel that type of way since.

You do now.

Fuck bloodshots. Fuck random spread. Fuck long killtimes. Fuck sluggish strafing. Fuck shitty 2 base symmetric maps. Fuck aim acceleration. Fuck grenades getting caught on over-texturized surfaces. Fuck a melee system where the player that melees first still dies in a near simultaneous melee fight. And fuck all the crap MLG settings excluded- equipment, slow base player movement, AR's, etc...

Fuck halo 3.

basedgod2.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love 2v2 and 4v4 in CE as much as anyone else.

But 8v8 CE is the stuff of magic.  

The pistol means you are never out of the game, even if they have you pinned with tanks.

Give me Sidewinder, Gulch, Timberland and Danger canyon on rotation and I'd never play anything else.

Good gameplay equals good maps everytime.

It doesn't matter how many hairs you need to split in order to determine which of the franchise's worst games are best- h3 and on is pure trash.

Agreed.

d0Y8W.gif

<3

If we're ranking these games in how close they play to the OGs CE and H3 are definitely the back two right?

This thing was nearing 300 votes a couple days ago and now its at like 115? the fuck?

I think that you might be accidentally mistaking the Xbox uservoice post for the Reddit post about the Xbox uservoice. The Reddit post that I'm talking about is currently sitting at 790 points(uvotes), I'm not really familiar with Reddit so please forgive me if I'm not using the right term for it. I would link the Reddit post but unfortunately I think that it's against Reddit's forum rules to link their threads on other forums. The last time I seen someone link a Reddit thread on Teambeyond a mod on Teambeyond had to remove the link.

Edit: Never mind. Please disregard what my post originally said, I didn't realize that there was another Xbox uservoice thread similar to this one that got removed. You are right, fuck Microsoft!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You do now.

Fuck bloodshots. Fuck random spread. Fuck long killtimes. Fuck sluggish strafing. Fuck shitty 2 base symmetric maps. Fuck aim acceleration. Fuck grenades getting caught on over-texturized surfaces. Fuck a melee system where the player that melees first still dies in a near simultaneous melee fight. And fuck all the crap MLG settings excluded- equipment, slow base player movement, AR's, etc...

Fuck halo 3.

Halo 3 made me stop playing any playlist that had H3 in it when I still played MCC. It's mediocre as fuck and people who say it's the best thing ever are the worst.

Random question I had when rewatching Image of the Invisible.

In the beginning of the gameplay, you see clips of them melee and immediately switch weapons to melee again. Does this speed up melees or something? Never understood that and have never done it myself

I guess it may be quicker if you have a gun with a quicker melee animation as secondary, rather than double melee'ing and having 2 slower animations.

Certainly in H2 weapon-switch meleeing was as quick as BxB, but I'm unsure if it was the same speed as a BLB in H1.

Random question I had when rewatching Image of the Invisible.

In the beginning of the gameplay, you see clips of them melee and immediately switch weapons to melee again. Does this speed up melees or something? Never understood that and have never done it myself

If this is referring to the ce montage, he switches to the ar because it has the fastest melee. Makes blb a near instant kill when you execute it properly.

If this is referring to the ce montage, he switches to the ar because it has the fastest melee. Makes blb a near instant kill when you execute it properly.

He's referring to the part of the montage where a player melees with a shotgun, y's to rockets, and then melees again without throwing a nade.

Man, I really wish more people would vote for objective gametypes in MCC. All i ever play is Team Slayer. I don't even want to sweat and try hard, either. When I hop on MCC, I wanna relive those casual years and just have some fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's referring to the part of the montage where a player melees with a shotgun, y's to rockets, and then melees again without throwing a nade.

Yeah I checked in the meantime. News to me if it's faster.

You do now.

Fuck halo 3.

Lol, thank you.

I liked the game and played it a lot, but mostly for the social experience.  I never understood why people thought the game was the "BEST EVARRR" for most of the reasons you mentioned.  Glad to see you getting a bunch of upvotes for this lol.

I only disagree about the MLG settings.  Increased damage and player speed were the only things that made the 4v4 decent in that game.

And also halo 3's equipment isn't as bad as Halo 5's spartan abilities.

I mean, in halo 3 you spawned without them, they were like power weapons.

But the problem came to balancing them, when like somebody threw a power drain and you just go one-shot. All he had to do was press X and that was pretty much it. 

But there were good things like bubble shields, which then forced the player to think differently and adapt to the situation accordingly. 

I'll take halo 3's equipment over Halo 5's abilities any day.

Fuck getting spartan charged or double melee'd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be all for H3 anniversary if it wasn't for 343's incompetence.  Have you all forgotten about H2A (yes, I know technically they didn't make it but they put their name on it)?  H2A multiplayer was garbage.  Movement, strafe, etc. was nothing like H2C (so slow) and H2A basically had auto-aim.  And, like 4 maps.  I'll never know how the pros endured that game for as long as they did.  Frankly, their performance was a testament to the endurance of the human spirit almost on the same level as the guy who chewed his hand off when it got stuck in a crack on a mountain climbing expedition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, weren't you banned?

No lol

I hardly post or come on the forums anymore since I slowly lost interest in H5, I've accepted that Halo will never be what it once was and that 343 is taking the franchise in it's own direction. I still like to read every now and then just to see what everyone is posting about.

I would be all for H3 anniversary if it wasn't for 343's incompetence.  Have you all forgotten about H2A (yes, I know technically they didn't make it but they put their name on it)?  H2A multiplayer was garbage.  Movement, strafe, etc. was nothing like H2C (so slow) and H2A basically had auto-aim.  And, like 4 maps.  I'll never know how the pros endured that game for as long as they did.  Frankly, their performance was a testament to the endurance of the human spirit almost on the same level as the guy who chewed his hand off when it got stuck in a crack on a mountain climbing expedition.

One thing about that remake though was it looked like they did the campaign with a re-skin of Halo 2's engine with updated sounds, and then for the multiplayer they used Halo 4's engine or some bullshit idk, definitely wasn't the same as the campaign which they did an amazing job on. Makes me wonder what the game could've been if it was just Halo 2 Anniversary on it's own with the multiplayer as a re-skin of all the maps as well with the same updated sounds from the campaign, instead of the clusterfuck that we got as MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But there were good things like bubble shields, which then forced the player to think differently and adapt to the situation accordingly.

There was not a single beneficial impact bubble shields had on halo's gameplay. They slowed down the game and allowed players to make mistakes without being punished. You guys think sprint was the first time a 'get out of jail free card' was implemented in halo? Please. Bubble shields and shield regens have been filling that gap since before reach.

Other than poop jumping via radar jammers, all of halo 3's equipment had a negative impact on gameplay. Determining whether h3's equipment, reach's/h4's armor abilities, or h5's spartan abilities had the greatest negative impact on halo's design is a matter of splitting the finest hairs.

They're all garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No lol

I hardly post or come on the forums anymore since I slowly lost interest in H5, I've accepted that Halo will never be what it once was and that 343 is taking the franchise in it's own direction. I still like to read every now and then just to see what everyone is posting about.

I'm in the same boat. I find the hcs thread more entertaining than the game </3

There was not a single beneficial impact bubble shields had on halo's gameplay. They slowed down the game and allowed players to make mistakes without being punished. You guys think sprint was the first time a 'get out of jail free card' was implemented in halo? Please. Bubble shields and shield regens have been filling that gap since before reach.

Other than poop jumping via radar jammers, all of halo 3's equipment had a negative impact on gameplay. Determining whether h3's equipment, reach's/h4's armor abilities, or h5's spartan abilities had the greatest negative impact on halo's design is a matter of splitting the finest hairs.

They're all garbage.

Oh shit, never looked at it that way....

Guess you've changed my mind on bubble shields then.

However, the CONCEPT of equipment CAN work!!

We just need the right equipment to chose from. We need things that ADD to the gameplay, and not take away.

And i'm sure it really isn't that hard.

I'll still love halo 3, because of everything else. 

Even today, in 5 years or in 10 years, I'll always look back to halo 3, and say THIS was the SHIT!